Thread: 5.2 Changes

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

5.2 Changes

Not much happening for Ret but the one that did catch my eye is.

Seal of Truth Fills you with Holy Light, causing melee attacks to deal 12% weapon damage as Holy Damage and apply Censure to the target. Censure Deals [ 535 + 5.000 * 9.4% of SP ] additional Holy damage over 15 sec. Censure Holy, Retribution: Deals [ 535 + 5.000 * 9.4% of SP ] additional Holy damage over 15 sec. Stacks up to 5 times. Protection: Deals (107 + 9.4% of SP) additional Holy damage over 15 sec.

So we are going from 12% Holy Damage to 12% Weapon Damage as Holy Damage.

Opinions?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    Not much happening for Ret but the one that did catch my eye is.

Seal of Truth Fills you with Holy Light, causing melee attacks to deal 12% weapon damage as Holy Damage and apply Censure to the target. Censure Deals [ 535 + 5.000 * 9.4% of SP ] additional Holy damage over 15 sec. Censure Holy, Retribution: Deals [ 535 + 5.000 * 9.4% of SP ] additional Holy damage over 15 sec. Stacks up to 5 times. Protection: Deals (107 + 9.4% of SP) additional Holy damage over 15 sec.

So we are going from 12% Holy Damage to 12% Weapon Damage as Holy Damage.

Opinions?
    We're nerfed again, aight im done. *Unsubs*

Tooltip fix? whats the difference, it is already doing 12% of weapon damage as Holy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veliane View Post
    Tooltip fix? whats the difference, it is already doing 12% of weapon damage as Holy.
    The tool-tip for Censure - Deals (107 ( + 9.4% of SpellPower) * 5) additional Holy damage over 15 sec. Stacks up to 5 times.

In game tool-tip - Fills you with Holy Light, causing melee attacks to deal 12% additional Holy damage and apply censure to the target.

It says nothing about Weapon Damage anywhere on it. It clearly states 12% Holy Damage, 12% Weapon Damage as Holy could actually turn into better scaling as Weapon Damage ranges increase.

If it is a tool-tip fix anywhere know the last time censure tool-tip was data mined?
    Last edited by Requital; 2012-12-22 at 04:41 AM.
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

I came in asking just the same question. I'm not sure if it's just a tooltip or if it's an actual change.

Also very much unsure if this will end up being a buff or a nerf if it's not a tooltip fix. If it's not a tooltip and weapon damage goes up significantly then it's going to be a late expansion buff since we'll be that much more weapon damage dependent. If weapon damage doesn't seem to rise to the occasion then we'll be boned like a drunken prom queen.

Oh well, it'll get clarified in time.

On the plus side really liking the Hand of Purity change.

I'm wondering more about this "Hotfix Passive (New)" thing.

Rendella Retribution Paladin for Dawn of the Dead Zul'jin-US

I just tried it and was doing average weapon damage * 12/100 as holy for me.
    Which does scale but it's the same as the change suggests.

Most likely tooltip change.

15+ Year Old Account
    So a lot of classes got a lot of new shit and we got a big fat middle finger woo hoo I love my class, No really I do!

There are literally no changes to Ret at this point. No real buffs or nerfs.

Hopefully Blizzard will change some stuff when the Ptr actually comes out but from what GC has said recently I wouldn't expect anything big. They seem to thing Ret is in a great place and doesn't need any buffs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    There are literally no changes to Ret at this point. No real buffs or nerfs.

Hopefully Blizzard will change some stuff when the Ptr actually comes out but from what GC has said recently I wouldn't expect anything big. They seem to thing Ret is in a great place and doesn't need any buffs.
    I would take a small reduction in my 280K burst to slightly better sustained DPS and DS being back to generating HoPo instead of using it.

Also we got a fix!

Paladin
    It is no longer possible to refresh Inquisition to a lower duration.

Last edited by Requital; 2012-12-22 at 06:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendx View Post
    I'm wondering more about this "Hotfix Passive (New)" thing.
    I'm in the same boat as you. I noticed it a few other places in the notes as well, one being under Holy Paladins I think. Although the SoT change caught my eye, I don't think it will be anything detrimental or game changing for us. I hate to say this... but at current DPS thresholds whats 1-2k DPS either direction really unless your pushing for firsts and want to actually be a part of them.... Not that we have ever really been a staple to any world firsts. (Retribution anyway)

"Paladin: It is no longer possible to refresh Inquisition to a lower duration" Yay!

15+ Year Old Account
    One thing I really don't get is why DK's are getting a Buff and Warriors are getting turned into 150% fotm faceroll, More to the point boring as shit to play.

Holy paladin illumination shields procs through beacon of light currently? That's news to me.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    One thing I really don't get is why DK's are getting a Buff and Warriors are getting turned into 150% fotm faceroll, More to the point boring as shit to play.
    Paladins got a couple of buffs to survivability with Hand of Purity's 10% overall damage reduction and the 100% healing increase to Eternal Flame if used on the caster, only protection has changes regarding damage.

The DK buffs are for Unholy and talents that rarely get used, and warriors are getting PvP nerfs with a couple of number tweaks and changing a spec mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by Theholypally View Post
    Holy paladin illumination shields procs through beacon of light currently? That's news to me.
    Same I thought that was removed in cata :S

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blackspark View Post
    Paladins got a couple of buffs to survivability with Hand of Purity's 10% overall damage reduction and the 100% healing increase to Eternal Flame if used on the caster, only protection has changes regarding damage.
    Those "buffs" wont increase our survivability. We are in need of dire buffs. After seeing patch notes i can safely say that ret will be the worst pvp spec in 5.2 unless they buff us.

Deleted
    Can someone explain me the changes at Word of Glory?

Come on! Its the holiday Season.. I'm with Requital, I'll be more then happy to give up some of my front load damage for something that will hold up from start to loot. I know the changes haven't even hit PTR but from reading so far... I just don't get it.

Ipoststuff... I feel ya man.

Just me or does this back burner even get hot..?

Arms is getting buffed, maybe Rets next? Le meme face