Thread: 5.2 Changes

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    I would take a small reduction in my 280K burst to slightly better sustained DPS and DS being back to generating HoPo instead of using it.
    I agree for the burst/sustained DPS part, but definitely not for the DS giving HP instead of using it.
    To really give AOE to ret, we need to get switching seal out of the GCD, buff seal of righteousness to hit for at least 12% WDamage and slightly buff DS to 110% WDamage, giving us real spells dedicated for AOE situations

At least, that's my humble opinion

The PTR isn't even out yet. I mean, at this point, Im more pissed at how our pvp set looks than buffs/nerfs.

Our haste scaling will buff us itself with higher ilvl gear. At the moment our state is pretty much sad, we are the worst dps class again sharing the last place with hunters, I don't think how Blizzard can be satisfied with it, because we are at that place for about 4 tiers already.

whats the deal with the wog change?
    is it a buff or nerf?

Quote Originally Posted by Theholypally View Post
    Holy paladin illumination shields procs through beacon of light currently? That's news to me.
    It's just a tooltip fix - don't rely on the green text (and look at the tooltip instead)

---------- Post added 2012-12-22 at 03:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    is it a buff or nerf?
    Probably a datamining fail. (it has a (new) behind it even though it's definitely not a new spell)

I'm wondering if wings will still have a 3 min CD. T15 set bonuses will have to be good for Ret.

Could we see Avenging Wrath CD brought down to 2 mins as part of Spec?
    Last edited by Joeseidon; 2012-12-22 at 09:24 PM.

the change to Eternal Flame actually looks nice, (increase's amount healed by 100% if used on self).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blackspark View Post
    Paladins got a couple of buffs to survivability with Hand of Purity's 10% overall damage reduction and the 100% healing increase to Eternal Flame if used on the caster, only protection has changes regarding damage.

The DK buffs are for Unholy and talents that rarely get used, and warriors are getting PvP nerfs with a couple of number tweaks and changing a spec mechanic.
    Warriors changes are not PvP only nerfs they change the entire mechanics of DPSing. However they are patch notes so we'll see.

---------- Post added 2012-12-22 at 05:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by metasaigneur View Post
    I agree for the burst/sustained DPS part, but definitely not for the DS giving HP instead of using it.
    To really give AOE to ret, we need to get switching seal out of the GCD, buff seal of righteousness to hit for at least 12% WDamage and slightly buff DS to 110% WDamage, giving us real spells dedicated for AOE situations

At least, that's my humble opinion
    Well give me something to find Lei Shi I feel like a moron standing out there. but DS back as mana seems like the most logical thing imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    is it a buff or nerf?
    Nothing at all, it's the same coef. as Live displays, I'm careful on the wording as that it appears that WoG was hotfixed sometime during the night to heal about 40% more for Retribution on Live.

The Heal from EF would result in 10k ticks with full malevolent gear, along with 44k Wogs and Purity becoming a new mitigation cooldown this is a pretty decent boost to Ret's terminally ill defense after the change to Power.

PvP rets rejoice!

Are u serious ? these are totaly nothing compairing to the other classes !!! did u see Rogue buff ! thats not a buff , thats a HUUUGE buff !!

Deleted
    So far, so nothing. As it was said before (not sure about Holy), but Retri needs more defensive survivability, I would suggest buffing Divine Protection to 30%+~ both magical and physical damage reduction. As for burst it's really great, but still.. it's nothing compared to War or Feral who can solo healers, while Retri can't. It is possible, but if healer is good, will never happen, sad truth.

Well give me something to find Lei Shi I feel like a moron standing out there. but DS back as mana seems like the most logical thing imo.
    I don't think they're ever going to remove Divine Storm as a finisher again. It's more likely that they'll give a minor glyph that allows you to use HOTR without a target or something, but that implementation obviously wouldn't proc Seal of Truth or Justice unless they specifically made it do so on your current target.

You know what I'd really like? For Divine Strom to act like a real fucking storm of Holy badass. Make it be a cast-type thing like the Monk's whirlwind ability, but be able to use HoR when using it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlesnarf View Post
    You know what I'd really like? For Divine Strom to act like a real fucking storm of Holy badass. Make it be a cast-type thing like the Monk's whirlwind ability, but be able to use HoR when using it.
    That would actually be pretty cool looking but imo too many graphics going on already lol. Holy shit when a BM hunter pet gets turned lose on a boss I'm like ok what am I standing in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

That would actually be pretty cool looking but imo too many graphics going on already lol. Holy shit when a BM hunter pet gets turned lose on a boss I'm like ok what am I standing in.
    Well I already think we need to ability to turn down other player's spell effects and such.

They really just need to change HotR to not require a target - losing out on 10 hits and Holy Power because of one Parry always felt very, very silly. Also would not mind Holy Prism granting Holy Power because it'd be nice to actually use it in raids.

Oh, and I still stand by my old idea of Conviction Aura (giving us our own Paladiny-version of Skull Banner/Stormlash Totem) just because we really lack a kick ass raid ability.

Edit: Also, if they really wanted to bring our burst down and our sustained up, here's a small suggestion:

Make Divine Purpose a baseline passive ability and make Guardian of Ancient Kings one of the Level 75 talents.

It basically boils down to wanting the fast burst (HA), sustained burst (SW), or the OMFGWTF ability on a long CD (GoAK).
    Last edited by Vanderhuge; 2012-12-23 at 01:09 AM.

We need a Holy Form, we need this.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanderhuge View Post
    They really just need to change HotR to not require a target - losing out on 10 hits and Holy Power because of one Parry always felt very, very silly. Also would not mind Holy Prism granting Holy Power because it'd be nice to actually use it in raids.

Oh, and I still stand by my old idea of Conviction Aura (giving us our own Paladiny-version of Skull Banner/Stormlash Totem) just because we really lack a kick ass raid ability.

Edit: Also, if they really wanted to bring our burst down and our sustained up, here's a small suggestion:

Make Divine Purpose a baseline passive ability and make Guardian of Ancient Kings one of the Level 75 talents.

It basically boils down to wanting the fast burst (HA), sustained burst (SW), or the OMFGWTF ability on a long CD (GoAK).
    This, agree with everything here, along with a baseline 2 min. Wings cooldown

I suggest that everyone sends GC a message on twitter about the state of Ret. Blizzard thinks Ret is in a good place, we need to show them why it isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    I suggest that everyone sends GC a message on twitter about the state of Ret. Blizzard thinks Ret is in a good place, we need to show them why it isn't.
    Like I mentioned in another thread, I'm pretty sure WoG just got hotfixed this weekend. I think Sword of Light now affects WoG by 60%, since my WoGs seem 30% bigger. A few other people have confirmed it, but we really need more testing... a hot-fix update from Blizzard is unlikely to happen on the weekend.