Thread: 5.2 Changes

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    I'm afraid... Very afraid...

I'm going to have to use 2 gear swap macros, 4pc t11 -> goak -> 4pc t14 -> aw -> raid gear -> potion -> pull

Not going to be very fun at all
    There's no way they're ever going to let that slide... they will do something about it when the time comes. Hopefully it's a good solution.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Superlolz View Post
    Guardian use to copy your 100% of your heal, now it copies 10% + a stacking haste buff. So less burst and a DF that takes time to build up.
    Hm, this is new to me as well. Reading the tooltip, it actually suggests it only copies 10% of the heal, but yet when using it I'm still topping people as fast as before. Wouldn't make a lot of sense removing the double heal, since it'd be very weak without it especially for a five minute cooldown. :S

Deleted
    I'm worried if I'm honest.

Quote Originally Posted by W1shm4ster View Post
    Why would you want more CD's? I would prefer more sustain damage and not only spikes
    More CD's? I just want a shorter CD on wings as part of the ret spec instead of as a set bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler View Post
    I enjoy being kiled in 2 sec on my ret paladin,ty for the nerfs they were needed, rets was completely out of control in pvp...
    You probably lost 20% max on heals. Was that really what was keeping you alive?
    Seems legit...he knows nothing about PvE nor PvP. He's one of those let's make changes that we feel are right rather than what the community thinks. Let's idk make a poll on battle.net and see what people think, but no that's too easy and would actually accomplish something.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    There's no way they're ever going to let that slide... they will do something about it when the time comes. Hopefully it's a good solution.
    T11 prot has been working for how long? Yet you think they are going to change T14 immediately? If they change how it works it won't be anytime soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Deleted
    Do I keep picking the wrong classes everytime?

I used to be a Spriest, no real changes made to them.

Now I choose to become a Paladin and boom, no QoL changes either? xD

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Insarius View Post
    Do I keep picking the wrong classes everytime?

I used to be a Spriest, no real changes made to them.

Now I choose to become a Paladin and boom, no QoL changes either? xD
    Could go back to that spriest and dominate some pvp
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Spriests still get dominated by melee though.

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Spriests still get dominated by melee though.
    Yeah priests are very good, but they are not really that OP. Their mobility is terrible compared to any other casters, their cc is mediocre, their root and slow are very inconvenient, or vie talents only. If anything they should be the standard that everyone is brought up, or down, to.

I do 2s as Ret with an SPriest, and even with the excellent support that Ret provides, he gets shut down by almost any melee. We have to work hard for every win above 1750 or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangra View Post
    Yeah priests are very good, but they are not really that OP. Their mobility is terrible compared to any other casters, their cc is mediocre, their root and slow are very inconvenient, or vie talents only. If anything they should be the standard that everyone is brought up, or down, to.

I do 2s as Ret with an SPriest, and even with the excellent support that Ret provides, he gets shut down by almost any melee. We have to work hard for every win above 1750 or so.
    CC mediocre?
    Every heard of the talent psyfiend? LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    CC mediocre?
    Every heard of the talent psyfiend? LOL.
    It's still nothing compared to mage or warlock cc, or druid, or even holy paladin.

Deleted
    I did PvP on Spriest, I want to focus on PvE now.

SO I decided to go Paladin, you know... Fun times... and stuff...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Insarius View Post
    I did PvP on Spriest, I want to focus on PvE now.

SO I decided to go Paladin, you know... Fun times... and stuff...
    I'm so sorry you have Fun in mind when moving to a Pally, I assume you at least play Holy so you can enjoy knowing certain fights really need you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlesnarf View Post
    Well I already think we need to ability to turn down other player's spell effects and such.
    What we need is this: http://www.darklegacycomics.com/364.html
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...trife/advanced
    WoW: Winterstrife, Level 120 Human Paladin | ESO: Strife Valor, CP 610 Dunmer Magblade | GW2: Inquisitor Strife, Level 80 Human Renegede.

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    Hopefully it's a good solution.
    I rather have 3 set swaps than let them 'fix' it.

It's not like they have a track record on slapping a ridiculously low CS buff on old tiers or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterstrife View Post
    What we need is Divine Intervention back.
    Last edited by Veliane; 2012-12-29 at 02:20 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by moogasm View Post
    I know the changes haven't even hit PTR but from reading so far... I just don't get it.
    Blizzard's traditional approach to ret: everyone except the devs can see that most of their changes are going to be completely retarded, but they don't get it until after it's been live for at least 6 months. Then, to keep their miserable jobs, they finally call the team's only guy with brains to devise a fix, then go back to utter and complete cluelessness.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veliane View Post

What we need is Divine Intervention back.

It broke my Paladin's heart to read they tried to but it just kept bugging out. It made me wonder why bringing the spell code back in couldn't just work. Then again I know nothing about that kind of thing.

It'd be truly great to get DI back in game. It's quite strange that we did not get a Battle Rez though. It fits the Paladin class perfectly.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

They gotta make ret paladins "interesting and fun" again like they were in cata lol.. Dem 100k + Word of Glory crits were ftw!

Quote Originally Posted by Ariathe View Post
    Hm, this is new to me as well. Reading the tooltip, it actually suggests it only copies 10% of the heal, but yet when using it I'm still topping people as fast as before. Wouldn't make a lot of sense removing the double heal, since it'd be very weak without it especially for a five minute cooldown. :S
    Yeah, I actually recheck it on live right now on myself and it's working like it use to (pre-nerf). I do remember it being super awful at some point between 5.0 and now so yeah... not sure what to think now. Most of the time it did massive overhealing anyway in pve. But I remember lots of complaints about the ability in pvp so blizzard actually buffing it makes little sense.
    Last edited by Superlolz; 2012-12-30 at 07:59 AM.