Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    i think it just gives a major boost to your highest stat.

say you have 6000 crit, 5000 haste and 4000 mastery. it will add them all together and give you +15000 crit for 20 seconds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post
    Re-read the tooltip. The trinket can only affect Crit, Haste, and Mastery.
    My bad, did re-read it just now. Still, with GC talking about proc-rates looks like it could very well be going live as is, be interesting to see theorycrafting for the various agi specs, not just WindWalkers.

Little neat trick in the ptr, if you have your spirits up, and do FoF and you cancel it to do say RSK, the spirits will continue to FoF AND do RSK.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well GC just confirmed how the trinket will work:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    At proc time, it checks how much crit, haste, and mastery you have (yes, this is a snapshot, and does NOT include the mastery raid buff). It finds which is the highest of those 3 (tie breaking rule: crit trumps haste trumps mastery), and gives you a buff of +[sum of lowest two stats] to your highest stat, and -[lowest stat A] and -[lowest stat B]. For example, if you have 6000 mastery, 3000 crit, 2000 haste, and the proc goes off, it gives you a buff that provides [+5000 mastery, -3000 crit, -2000 haste]. It does not continue adjusting that buff as stats change during its duration. Yes, this means that if you have a temporary buff to a stat that is not your highest (even with the temporary buff), and that temporary buff falls off during Re-Origination, you *could* end up with negative rating. In this obscure edge case, negative crit does reduce your crit chance, negative mastery does reduce whatever it normally does, and negative haste is ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinalover View Post
    Well GC just confirmed how the trinket will work:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    At proc time, it checks how much crit, haste, and mastery you have (yes, this is a snapshot, and does NOT include the mastery raid buff). It finds which is the highest of those 3 (tie breaking rule: crit trumps haste trumps mastery), and gives you a buff of +[sum of lowest two stats] to your highest stat, and -[lowest stat A] and -[lowest stat B]. For example, if you have 6000 mastery, 3000 crit, 2000 haste, and the proc goes off, it gives you a buff that provides [+5000 mastery, -3000 crit, -2000 haste]. It does not continue adjusting that buff as stats change during its duration. Yes, this means that if you have a temporary buff to a stat that is not your highest (even with the temporary buff), and that temporary buff falls off during Re-Origination, you *could* end up with negative rating. In this obscure edge case, negative crit does reduce your crit chance, negative mastery does reduce whatever it normally does, and negative haste is ignored.

I could totally be wrong, but can someone please explain to me how this is an overall buff during the proc? I understanding having a ton of haste/crit/mastery is awesome in theory, but at the same time your losing all of what you have in the 2 other stats during this. In the case of haste, won't we suddenly be in super high levels, yet hardly critting and using teb will give us a lower output than normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Holybell View Post
    I could totally be wrong, but can someone please explain to me how this is an overall buff during the proc? I understanding having a ton of haste/crit/mastery is awesome in theory, but at the same time your losing all of what you have in the 2 other stats during this. In the case of haste, won't we suddenly be in super high levels, yet hardly critting and using teb will give us a lower output than normal.
    What would you rather have as a fire mage, 7000 Crit, 3000 Haste, 4000 Mastery or 14000 Crit, 0 Haste, 0 Mastery?

if only we had one stat that trumped them all and it could be so simple.

When I first saw the trinket, I thought it was awesome. Then I imagined losing all my haste and thought how having zero haste and crit would devalue mastery enough to make it barely worth it. And then factored in stuff like downtime and what not and just decided I'd use the other trinkets.

Deleted
    Wow that trinket sounds really shitty now. Not even sure fire mages would want it - they would have 0 mastery during the proc, and therefore no ignite dmg making it useless. What a strange design... wonder if they will change it later

I guess I was right to be afraid, I can't see how this trinket would be of any value to us... Guess I'll focus on getting the other ones now.

Bad bad BAD trinket. It doesn't even buff your stats like other trinkets do, you don't get anything for free, you just transform the weaker stats to a stronger one and that will cause more harm than good. For all those that think (random values inc) crit = 2.5, haste = 1.9, mastery = 1.8 means that dumping all the mastery and haste onto crit is good, you would be so very wrong. You can't observe those stat values in a vacuum independent of each other. Stat weights change as you acquire more of each stat. And, more often than not, overabundance of one stat might lead to a dps loss rather than gain.

In case of this trinket, imagine this (more random values inc). You have 5k crit, 2k mastery and 3k haste. When some normal trinket procs that has a crit proc on it, you get 5k EXTRA crit which equals 10k crit, 2k mastery and 3k haste. When this trinket procs you get 10k crit, 0 mastery and 0 haste. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out which one is better.

- Let's take even more specific example into consideration. You are a WW monk that stacks mastery! Trinket procs, you have tons of mastery and you are currently at 1TB stack. Sucks, doesn't it, all that mastery completely wasted and not only that, your dps actually takes a hit (0 crit and haste).
    - Another specific example. You are a WW monk that stacks crit. You will soon be capped with TB stacks and you need to use them but at that moment trinket procs. All the mastery gone, all the haste gone. Now you have TONS OF CRIT and you pop TB, all great, right? But now, with mastery gone, your potential dmg is lowered, your autoattacks hit less often (no haste), and your energy regen goes down the drain. So your burst phase suddenly becomes OMG STUPID FRIGGEN TRINKET JUST PROCCED, WHY NOW!!! phase. So, you would be basing your burst phase around trinket NOT proccing, ironic aint it.

Even though i was just playing a bit in my examples, those were actually quite realistic and possible situations. There are too many caveats to using this trinket to be worth it. I really don't know any spec that would benefit so much from only one stat that it trumps having 0 in the other two. I mean that, or we will have tons of rogues, enhance shamans and dw ww monks running around with Windwalk on their weapons
    Last edited by Fichek; 2013-02-14 at 09:35 AM.

Deleted

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Fichek View Post
    Bad bad BAD trinket. It doesn't even buff your stats like other trinkets do, you don't get anything for free, you just transform the weaker stats to a stronger one and that will cause more harm than good. For all those that think (random values inc) crit = 2.5, haste = 1.9, mastery = 1.8 means that dumping all the mastery and haste onto crit is good, you would be so very wrong. You can't observe those stat values in a vacuum independent of each other. Stat weights change as you acquire more of each stat. And, more often than not, overabundance of one stat might lead to a dps loss rather than gain.

In case of this trinket, imagine this (more random values inc). You have 5k crit, 2k mastery and 3k haste. When some normal trinket procs that has a crit proc on it, you get 5k EXTRA crit which equals 10k crit, 2k mastery and 3k haste. When this trinket procs you get 10k crit, 0 mastery and 0 haste. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out which one is better.

- Let's take even more specific example into consideration. You are a WW monk that stacks mastery! Trinket procs, you have tons of mastery and you are currently at 1TB stack. Sucks, doesn't it, all that mastery completely wasted and not only that, your dps actually takes a hit (0 crit and haste).
    - Another specific example. You are a WW monk that stacks crit. You will soon be capped with TB stacks and you need to use them but at that moment trinket procs. All the mastery gone, all the haste gone. Now you have TONS OF CRIT and you pop TB, all great, right? But now, with mastery gone, your potential dmg is lowered, your autoattacks hit less often (no haste), and your energy regen goes down the drain. So your burst phase suddenly becomes OMG STUPID FRIGGEN TRINKET JUST PROCCED, WHY NOW!!! phase. So, you would be basing your burst phase around trinket NOT proccing, ironic aint it.

Even though i was just playing a bit in my examples, those were actually quite realistic and possible situations. There are too many caveats to using this trinket to be worth it. I really don't know any spec that would benefit so much from only one stat that it trumps having 0 in the other two. I mean that, or we will have tons of rogues, enhance shamans and dw ww monks running around with Windwalk on their weapons
    Change your mind!
    I think it's a trinket for monk or druid tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by jogonmae View Post
    Change your mind!
    Suddenly all your EH mastery is gone, no crit for ebrew and a shitload of haste giving you insane energy regen you don't need. Yeah no thanks. Unless GC is wrong, no one in their right mind would want that trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by jogonmae View Post
    Change your mind!
    You're actually aware Monk tanks' stats are intertwined, right ? Having a ton of Mastery with no haste actually sucks really bad since you can't purge all that damage you stagger, having a lot of crit and no haste nor mastery is somewhat viable, albeit very situational and RNG prone, but I wouldn't call it a BiS trinket for BrM monks in any case.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vishiz View Post
    if only we had one stat that trumped them all and it could be so simple.

When I first saw the trinket, I thought it was awesome. Then I imagined losing all my haste and thought how having zero haste and crit would devalue mastery enough to make it barely worth it. And then factored in stuff like downtime and what not and just decided I'd use the other trinkets.
    I'm guessing you'll compensate, in the case of WW's say, stack to 20 Tigereye Brew, so you get a proc, pop Tigereye, & Energising, also, the 2-piece Tier bonus might come in handy.

15+ Year Old Account
    The thing with the trinket is that given the Proc rate, you are only going to see it procced about once every 130 seconds. In which case you may or may not have Energizing Brew up when it does proc.

Before haste:

60 / 0.46 RealPPM = ~130 seconds
    Last edited by Hinalover; 2013-02-14 at 04:08 PM.

So, what should be the new stat priority and reforging plan for this tier ?

agility > hit = exp > haste till you fill comfortable > mastery > crit ?

Shall i also use mastery / agi gems or stil full agility ?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eznor View Post
    So, what should be the new stat priority and reforging plan for this tier ?

agility > hit = exp > haste till you fill comfortable > mastery > crit ?

Shall i also use mastery / agi gems or stil full agility ?
    Yes.....But there is still some discussions going that Secondary stats may overtake Agi gems. It hasn't been confirmed completely but do keep an eye out on that discussion. Otherwise in the time being aim for about 6500 Haste then stack Mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinalover View Post
    Yes.....But there is still some discussions going that Secondary stats may overtake Agi gems. It hasn't been confirmed completely but do keep an eye out on that discussion. Otherwise in the time being aim for about 6500 Haste then stack Mastery.
    thanks for the answer. I will try to use mastery gem since both my profession give me agility.
    Last edited by Ezyah; 2013-02-15 at 02:05 PM.

Deleted
    The next patch is very promising, even more promising for arena. Definetly can't wait - downloading the PTR as I type this infact!

10+ Year Old Account
    updated OP for spear hand strike silence nerf
    (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง ᴛʜɪs ɪs ᴏᴜʀ ᴛᴏwɴ sᴄʀᴜʙ (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง - (ง •̀_•́)ง ʏᴇᴀʜ ʙᴇᴀᴛ ɪᴛ! (ง •̀_•́)ง