Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Added season 13 armor set video to OP
    (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง ᴛʜɪs ɪs ᴏᴜʀ ᴛᴏwɴ sᴄʀᴜʙ (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง - (ง •̀_•́)ง ʏᴇᴀʜ ʙᴇᴀᴛ ɪᴛ! (ง •̀_•́)ง

Quote Originally Posted by Ujio View Post
    Added season 13 armor set video to OP
    -dies, at the funeral the eulogy given says- "He loved face masks. They were his favorite type of helm. But not any face mask. The kind that only covered the characters mouth but kept his hair showing. It's a shame his life ended upon seeing the awesome face mask of the Season 13 monk pvp gear."

Ok enough of that stupidity. That set looks great. Soooo much better then the set we currently have, but I hated this current set since the Beta. lol
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    -dies, at the funeral the eulogy given says- "He loved face masks. They were his favorite type of helm. But not any face mask. The kind that only covered the characters mouth but kept his hair showing. It's a shame his life ended upon seeing the awesome face mask of the Season 13 monk pvp gear."

Ok enough of that stupidity. That set looks great. Soooo much better then the set we currently have, but I hated this current set since the Beta. lol
    I actually dont mind the current set except the helm - at least on male panda it glitches away any facial hair options you have and leaves a horrible brown "stain"
    (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง ᴛʜɪs ɪs ᴏᴜʀ ᴛᴏwɴ sᴄʀᴜʙ (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง - (ง •̀_•́)ง ʏᴇᴀʜ ʙᴇᴀᴛ ɪᴛ! (ง •̀_•́)ง

I'm very impressed, it seems just about everything has been addressed and this new cleave ability is far more interesting and exciting than other things they could have done. They will really need to fix the TEB pre-pot thing now though or it will be even worse.

im calling 5.2 rise of the monks......we should lock the class so we dont get too many fotm rerollers

Deleted
    These changes are great and all (the new storm, earth and fire spell sounds amazing) but those sets are dreadful. Not sure if I should be happy that ours are one of the least disgusting looking at the other ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Infighter View Post
    These changes are great and all (the new storm, earth and fire spell sounds amazing) but those sets are dreadful. Not sure if I should be happy that ours are one of the least disgusting looking at the other ones.
    To be honest I quite like the tier 15 (showing it on human makes it look terrible), it's a much better version of tier 14. Also, druid set looks amazing.

Can somebody explain the SEF to me how would you calculate its damage based on what we know so far, I think I am to hung over atm to get it without somebody to walk me through it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ujio View Post
    The way S/E/F is worded it seems to just stay on the target you use it on. Very cool ability though - I hope it gets confirmed.
    Yeah that's the intention i think, which is great. It means you can run with an affl lock and be amazing.

---------- Post added 2012-12-22 at 12:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Althalus View Post
    Can somebody explain the SEF to me how would you calculate its damage based on what we know so far, I think I am to hung over atm to get it without somebody to walk me through it.
    For each additional monk you summon, you lose 20% damage yourself, but your damage is copied to your elemental monk.

So say your damage is 100% without monks.
    You summon a monk on a second target.
    Both you and your monk do 60% damage each.
    You summon a second elemental monk.
    You and your copies do 40% of your original damage each.

That's how i understand it at least.
    Last edited by mmoc71776687c4; 2012-12-22 at 12:54 PM.

Deleted
    I just danced trough the living room, my cat looked at me like i was retarded. Sorry i mean my Xuen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Simply amazing. Blizzard really listened to the Monk players this time. I hope they don't cut too much during PTR. I really would love to play my Monk with most of these skills available to it.

BTW, where's that Windwalker fix thread? I'd love to see how many suggestions have been addressed.

Looking at my current mastery, it's about 23%. (with buff) If each 1% is 0.2% more effect from each stack, does this mean at 10 stacks I'd be doing +56% damage? (original 1% per stack taken into account)
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

WW needed buffs but it seems a but OTT, especially Paralysis.

It's a blind on a 15 second CD now. Waaaaaaaaaay too good, especially considering they just nerfed feral cyclone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    While I agree WW monks needed buffs (got one myself at 90) Nimble Brew is yet again one of blizzards way to screw up something and make something OP. I'm curious to how strong WW burst is gonna be with 2x TB after eachother and having a second Trinket with no cost at all. I hope it at least shares a small ICD with the general PVP trinket, or costs some Chi. Also the 60% reduced CC effect for 6 seconds after use is also really stupid. It's basically what Avatar and Bestial Wrath were except it removes everything and grants a huge DR-like effect after it's used. Deadly Reach baseline was necessary, but I'm curious to how it's going to be as an 8 sec CC on a 15 sec CD is pretty strong when used in the right hands (skilled players who manage to get behind someone).

All in all a very nice patch for WW monks, besides Nimble Brew which is going to be a QQ topic for arena. At least make it cost something, like chi OR energy (50 energy?) and remove the 60% diminished effect on further CC/snares etc. Or reduce it to 3 seconds duration.
    Making TB cost Chi or energy would just dump it down to it's current state.

I agree that the 60% reduced CC is stupid, remove that, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Looking at my current mastery, it's about 23%. (with buff) If each 1% is 0.2% more effect from each stack, does this mean at 10 stacks I'd be doing +56% damage? (original 1% per stack taken into account)
    Most definitely not.
    It's probably going to be multiplicative, not additive, so you're certainly looking at +15.6%.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Different specs require different amounts of mastery rating to get 1% mastery. When they change our mastery, expect our mastery rating to 1% mastery conversion to change too.

Quote Originally Posted by paraalso View Post
    Different specs require different amounts of mastery rating to get 1% mastery.
    No they don't. Every class in the game requires 600 points of mastery for 1%. Period. Doesn't matter if what the base is, doesn't matter what the effect is, to get 1% more mastery takes 600 mastery rating.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]

Check again at mw v ww mastery. I just looked and 1491 mastery i have with my one set of gear on in ww is 3.48% mastery and then in MW 1491 is 2.98% mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by Uko View Post
    Check again at mw v ww mastery. I just looked and 1491 mastery i have with my one set of gear on in ww is 3.48% mastery and then in MW 1491 is 2.98% mastery.
    Apparently that's right. Huh, now I'm even more lost on the math than I was before.

Quote Originally Posted by Alviarin View Post
    Most definitely not.
    It's probably going to be multiplicative, not additive, so you're certainly looking at +15.6%.
    How do you get (10%*(0.2*23)) = 15.6%?
    [What's half of minor?]

10+ Year Old Account
    Updated OP with official notes.