Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Okay, here's what I think, re.; encounter models.

Jin'rokh the Breaker was an NPC from vanilla when Zul'Gurub was a raid.
    Horridon and the war god Jalaak.
    Council of elders - Malaak the frost troll king, Kazra'jin, Sul, and Mar'li (former Zul'Gurub boss and zandalari spider priestess <3)
    Tortos
    Megaera - a multi-headed hydra beastie with frost, fire, and poison heads.
    Ji-Kun - someone riding this
    Durumu the Forgotten
    Primordius - Sounds like an early prototype for the saurok. This guy might mutate as the fight goes on, which would rule.
    Dark Animus
    Iron Qon
    Twin Consorts - There was a pic of a mogu lady up before, it seems to have gone down for now.
    Lei Shen - natch
    Ra-Den - We can but wonder. I'm leaning towards a big blustery wind elemental that shares Firelands Ragnaros' animations.

Oondasta
    Nalak the Stormlord - not really.
    I think you've just about nailed it on which boss looks like what. Although in my mind the jury is still out on Dark Animus, Iron Qon and Ji-Kun. Unless of course you have seen something I haven't that would suggest that those bosses would match those images.
    For example, when I first went through the list and matched faces to descriptions I thought that this could be Ji-Kun and this could be Nalak the Stormlord

Ra-Den sounds to me like a Mogu name, similar to Lei Shen and Ji-Kun. It was suggested in another thread that he IS the source of The Thunder King's power, like an embodyment of titan energy or something that Lei Shen siphons from. Alternatively, he could be the 7th sha that has been trapped inside a Mogu's body like a prison, and they buried any note of him from history to hide the Sha.

It is also worth noting the Sand Elemental is a part of the Council of Elders encounter as they are summoned by Sul.

Reading the datamined fight mechanics makes me so excited for this patch.
    Last edited by Qprah; 2012-12-22 at 09:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraspotatius View Post
    Ji-kun. What is that thing, anyway?
    Looks like an armored version of this.

Some kind of flying dinosaur. There's probably going to be a troll riding on it, them being big on the whole dinosaur thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Qprahwndfury View Post
    I think you've just about nailed it on which boss looks like what. Although in my mind the jury is still out on Dark Animus, Iron Qon and Ji-Kun. Unless of course you have seen something I haven't that would suggest that those bosses would match those images.
    Shot in the dark mostly. But the model of the statue creature reminded me of the boss in Gundrak that is a statue animated by 'living mojo' energy. 'Animus' refers to a spirit that animates a body, so I figured it might mean that the 'Dark Animus' is a spirit that animates a body, like that statue.

I had the same thought about the thunder troll being Nalak, and it might be - Nalak sounds kind've troll-like. Kazra'jin has lightning based powers tough, so I'm just assuming that's his model. Of course, no reason they can't both have the same model.

You're probably right about Ji-Kun - that's definitely more of a mogu name than a troll name. If so Iron Qon may share a similar model - he's definitely a mogu. It says he's being carried around by quilin, though it kind've sounds like he might be riding on some kind of dais supported by all three, judging by the abilities.

Ra-Den sounds to me like a Mogu name, similar to Lei Shen and Ji-Kun. It was suggested in another thread that he IS the source of The Thunder King's power, like an embodyment of titan energy or something that Lei Shen siphons from.
    I think it's a titan machine, like the one from Vaults that generates Elegon. Lorewalker Cho warned that there could be other machines like it hidden across Pandaria, and you gotta figure that there will be one in the palace of the Thunder King himself. So far no other encounter really indicates that a titan machine will be involved, so Ra-Den is the most likely candidate for that.

Seems someone found the Female Mogu model for the Twin Consort Encounter.

As well as some sort of robot, possibly one of the bosses we dont have a possible model for?
    Possible Robot Boss

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Oh man knew it!, Gara'jal is one of the mechanics of a fight, not a an actual boss itself, awesome!
    Mar'li and motherfucking Sul are both back in his encounter, that's pretty fucking cool. Who would have guessed that a Sandscalp Troll would become so hardcore?

Also, Ra-Den sounds very interesting, what could possibly be so awesome that Blizzard wants to keep it a secret even in the boss journal?
    Last edited by wariofan1; 2012-12-22 at 11:26 AM.

Thats nice, will help with some preparations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    Mar'li and motherfucking Sul are both back in his encounter, that's pretty fucking cool. Who would have guessed that a Sandscalp Troll would become so hardcore?

Also, Ra-Den sounds very interesting, what could possibly be so awesome that Blizzard wants to keep it a secret even in the boss journal?
    Sul back? Sul was never there to begin with.. He may have a few mobs/items with his name as a prefix (Sul'lithuz Sandcrawler, Antu'sul, Sul'thraze the Lasher) but Sul himself was never ingame.
    Last edited by Yzyz; 2012-12-22 at 05:19 PM.

Amazing sig compliments of Alyajna!

Deleted

As well as some sort of robot, possibly one of the bosses we dont have a possible model for?
    Possible Robot Boss
    Twin Consorts... for.... who...?
    Last edited by mmoc72727c7d9f; 2012-12-22 at 06:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraspotatius View Post
    Twin Consorts... for.... who...?
    Lei Shen has been dead for a long time. He needs his mogu lovin'.

As for what they were doing when Lei Shen was dead...use your imagination!

10+ Year Old Account

Possible Robot Boss
    Right on.

Robot boss might be the Dark Animus - looks like it's not quite finishing yet, those orbs appear to have unfinished effect textures on them. Maybe a frowny face that comes loose when the robot itself is defeated.

10+ Year Old Account
    So far in this raid we have:
    a Troll Arena Event
    a Beholder (whose name is very similar to mine Durumu Vs Daruma)
    a Hydra
    DINOMANCERS!
    not one, but TWO dinosaurs
    a Turtle boss
    and a Heroic only boss called Raiden....

This raid is going to be LEGENDARY
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Durumu the Forgotten confuses me. Weren't Beholders foreign to Azeroth before the Legion's first invasion?

I wonder if he was a Beholder Scout that got lost on Pandaria before Shaohao broke Pandaria off? Poor lil guy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Durumu might be a creature that is distinct from the demonic observers. They don't look exactly alike. Or Durumu could be one that was captured 10,000 years ago when the Burning Legion invaded and was left behind (forgotten). He does look kind've old and weary.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    (whose name is very similar to mine Durumu Vs Daruma)

Anyways, I really dig the Gara'jal encounter.

For Raden, it looks like Blizzard wants to create a heroic boss that is "hard" for top guilds (or harder). Maybe even there will be a NDA when you first reach the bosses room to keep the fight difficult?

Holy..

Ra-den I think is going to be a behemoth of a fight.

Along with Lei Shen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have alot of reading to do later tonight. Time to bust out the trusty Tier notepad once again.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, I've red it all now. Everey fight sounds awesome, then you read the next and it sounds more awesome. Horridon sounds more like such a big bad clusterfuck of a fight - and I love those!

ALso, Lei-Shen. Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    Great, I'm guessing Ra-Den is going to be kept top secret by Blizzard.
    Usually bugged to shit when that happens.

Pretty convinced this is the Dark Animus.

Don't have a real reason why, it just seems most likely in my brain.