Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    [Edit] Which reminds me. I thought Lei Shen was called The Thunder King because whenever he hurled his axe, it made a sound like crashing Thunder. But according to the dungeon journal, he is able to wield the power of electricity.
    I'm sure it'll make for some interesting mechanics in the fight, but, come on! The name wasn't literal, guys!
    Maybe his axe was crashing thunder. What a twist!

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    Throne of Thunder
    Ra-den

• Heroic Only - Ra-den is only available on Heroic difficulty.
    • Shrouded in Mystery - There are no scholars with any recollection or record regarding the details of Ra-den's powers. Perhaps these memories have been obscured by the passage of time, or perhaps none who saw the Keeper of Storms in battle ever lived to speak of what they witnessed....
    Blizzard is making some good decisions!

---------- Post added 2012-12-25 at 06:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dravelar View Post
    Is there any information about the world bosses abilities?
    Blizzard (from one of the recent interviews) said they were hoping for 1 sha of anger type boss, one which is up all the time and easily taken down by most groups - pretty much BH/VoA equivalent and another which was harder and required group communication and mechanics that were actually meaningful but isn't up all the time but is still up more often than galleon (i think)
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)

We're confident the .01% left will be thrilled to attend a post-apocalyptic BlizzCon.

So.....Ra-Den....Is obviously the Thunder "god"...If they follow the obvious Mortal Kombat reference here. Which would also make sense since you would have to beat the King to fight the God.

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthrang View Post
    So.....Ra-Den....Is obviously the Thunder "god"...If they follow the obvious Mortal Kombat reference here. Which would also make sense since you would have to beat the King to fight the God.
    That would be funny, since "Lei Shen" in Chinese means "Thunder God"
    But Lei Shen is already described to be the "Thunder King"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    That would be funny, since "Lei Shen" in Chinese means "Thunder God"
    But Lei Shen is already described to be the "Thunder King"
    And raiden is a japanese name for thunder god.

So judging from some of the mechanics there are a few clear things that could be "elite" mode, but hopefully blizzard makes it clear what is required.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraspotatius View Post
    Ji-kun. What is that thing, anyway?
    The answer is in the URL.

[Edit] Which reminds me. I thought Lei Shen was called The Thunder King because whenever he hurled his axe, it made a sound like crashing Thunder. But according to the dungeon journal, he is able to wield the power of electricity.
    It's kind of like Kakashi's Raikiri (Lightning Edge) from Naruto. When the manga was young, it was said to be called that because "he could move fast enough to slice even lightning." Then later on it was decided "btw, there's a very strict elemental 'wheel' that things fall into and he uses lightning."
    Last edited by TheWindWalker; 2012-12-25 at 12:01 PM.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Maybe it is some kind of Lei Shen's true form a la last phase of Ragnaros, but as a separate encounter now. This also somehow should be tied to promised reveal of "dark origins" of mogu. It is pretty obvious that mogu are not natural living creatures with bronze unmoving hair and all. I'm pretty sure they're entirely created race in some kind of machine like WoTE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post
    Maybe it is some kind of Lei Shen's true form a la last phase of Ragnaros, but as a separate encounter now. This also somehow should be tied to promised reveal of "dark origins" of mogu. It is pretty obvious that mogu are not natural living creatures with bronze unmoving hair and all. I'm pretty sure they're entirely created race in some kind of machine like WoTE.
    I can guarantee, their "dark origin" is that they are a Titan creation built for a not-so-nice purpose, revealing the Titans as not exactly benevolent creators in the same way as Algalon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Oh lol, msv was only a setback for garajal.

I wasn't expecting him to actually come back after he said he would when we kill him the first time.

Can Dinomancers be the new class in the next expansion?

Please?

15+ Year Old Account
    To keep Ra-Den from being bugged to shit as some said i hope Blizzard ask some top guilds for some secret testing before he/she/it is released and being HORRIBLY bugged
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    A hydra called Megaera - hilarious! Hercules, anyone?

This raid is looking epic so far, hopefully Blizzard won't let us down.
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

Shell Block - The turtle hides in his shell at low health, gaining immunity to all damage. While in this state, the turtle can be kicked across the room by players, applying Shell Concussion to any creatures it hits along the way.

F yea mario style ;D

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keilden View Post
    I am going with Plot Twist!!! Ra-Den is a Panderan and is the secret mastermind behind the Mogu.
    Yes. This. YES. AND HE KNOWS KUNG FU

Quote Originally Posted by nmarez View Post
    Shell Block - The turtle hides in his shell at low health, gaining immunity to all damage. While in this state, the turtle can be kicked across the room by players, applying Shell Concussion to any creatures it hits along the way.

F yea mario style ;D
    Was going to say haha, it's a giant koopa fight.

I'm pumped, the encounters are really inspired. Megaera looks insane (my vote for the cockblock of the raid, though council looks like it could be a pretty big gear-check), Durumu and Primordus look ridiculously fun. Lei-Shen looks like a worthy end-tier boss.

Overall, ToT sounds as good as they said it'd be. I can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Thehealbus View Post
    Oh lol, msv was only a setback for garajal.

I wasn't expecting him to actually come back after he said he would when we kill him the first time.
    He isn't actually coming back, his spirit merely possesses others.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    He isn't actually coming back, his spirit merely possesses others.
    which is just about the same as he is still back to kick our asses just as he said he would.

I'm sure it'll make for some interesting mechanics in the fight, but, come on! The name wasn't literal, guys!
    Lightning creates thunder

---------- Post added 2012-12-25 at 10:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    To keep Ra-Den from being bugged to shit as some said i hope Blizzard ask some top guilds for some secret testing before he/she/it is released and being HORRIBLY bugged
    Not that it matters to me but wouldn't that give those guilds an advantage in the world first race?

Deleted
    I guess the testing on ra-den will be done on live, the first guilds who will reach him are those who would have to test it on the ptr anyway.
    It wouldn't be the first time that Blizzard hotfixes encounters while the top guilds are still whiping on it.