Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    encounters seem like multidot\aoe central again, welp, time to reroll

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    When I saw Ra-Den, I thought of boss that looked like Raiden from Mortal Kombat.

I can't be the only one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hurdurr View Post
    encounters seem like multidot\aoe central again, welp, time to reroll
    Haha can't wait yeah

Ra-den? As in Raiden the God of Thunder? MORTAL KOMBAT! MGS4! Thunder King? I see what Blizzard did there...

10+ Year Old Account
    I love this:

Ra-den

Heroic Only - Ra-den is only available on Heroic difficulty.
    Shrouded in Mystery - There are no scholars with any recollection or record regarding the details of Ra-den's powers. Perhaps these memories have been obscured by the passage of time, or perhaps none who saw the Keeper of Storms in battle ever lived to speak of what they witnessed....
    First boss fight in a long time where the only way to gain knowledge of the fight...is to experience the fight and learn it.
    I know not with what weapons WWIII will be fought, but WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones. ~Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Divr View Post
    I love this:

First boss fight in a long time where the only way to gain knowledge of the fight...is to experience the fight and learn it.
    maybe this is true for top 0.1% of players, other will do like they've done in the past 8 years, videos on youtube and guides on a random site

Quote Originally Posted by saeros View Post
    maybe this is true for top 0.1% of players, other will do like they've done in the past 8 years, videos on youtube and guides on a random site
    Ah well. Doing that is what made the Lich King fight so amazing. No one tested it, and it ended up being one of the best and most fantastic boss fights in the history of WoW.

The same goes for Yogg Saron, and Heroic Ragnaros.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Ah well. Doing that is what made the Lich King fight so amazing. No one tested it, and it ended up being one of the best and most fantastic boss fights in the history of WoW.

The same goes for Yogg Saron, and Heroic Ragnaros.
    i agree that going to fight a boss that you don't know is more challenging, but "no journal -> only way is try" is false (except for very top guilds).

Quote Originally Posted by saeros View Post
    i agree that going to fight a boss that you don't know is more challenging, but "no journal -> only way is try" is false (except for very top guilds).
    Mhm.

I mean, seriously. Everyone';s saying the bosses will be bugged to hell.

Blizzard has done a fantastic job with this Expansion, especially the Raids and Raid encounters.

Ra'den sounds like he's going to be a behemoth of a fight, even if we don't know the specifics.

All I can keep imagining is when we enter his prison, we see him hooked up to a machine, and he wants us to kill him.

10+ Year Old Account
    All I know is...I won't be seeing this fight...ever....
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    All I know is...I won't be seeing this fight...ever....
    Maybe in the next expansion xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Divr View Post
    I love this:

I wish they wouldn't externally test heroic encounters, and only let people test out the normal/LFR versions of the encounters on the PTR.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    I wish they wouldn't externally test heroic encounters, and only let people test out the normal/LFR versions of the encounters on the PTR.
    Unfortunately by letting the public test Heroics, it makes them easier to tune.

The other thing is, the new mechanics with every Heroic Fight usually completely change the fight and the strategy needed for it from Normal, and due to that fact it needs as much testing as normal and LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    I can guarantee, their "dark origin" is that they are a Titan creation built for a not-so-nice purpose, revealing the Titans as not exactly benevolent creators in the same way as Algalon.
    Well, maybe they were designed to be good guardians from the start, but have their own "vision" of how to "guard". S.H.E.L.T.E.M. from Might and Magic 1-5 comes to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Foto View Post
    Blizzard (from one of the recent interviews) said they were hoping for 1 sha of anger type boss, one which is up all the time and easily taken down by most groups - pretty much BH/VoA equivalent and another which was harder and required group communication and mechanics that were actually meaningful but isn't up all the time but is still up more often than galleon (i think)
    That's what the plan is. The main "gate" for the Sha of Anger-style boss in this tier is that the server has to claim Thunder Isle before he'll start spawning.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ra-den = Raiden (Mortal Kombat) = Japanese thunder god Raijin = god of thunder and lightning? This is only a guess, but I'm mostly assuming this. I'm actually excited to see this encounter. I prefer it not be spoiled by testing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe in the next expansion xD

I know but still
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Snorri View Post
    Awesome! Now we know why Frost King Malakk was not in Wrath of the Lich King. For those who don't know, he is the leader of the Zul'Drak trolls in Northrend. Too bad he could not be a single boss instead of a council boss. Great to see Mar'Li too, she was in the original Zul'Gurub.

Ra-den as heroic only boss? Hmm, interesting. I guess Ra-den will have some lore behind him. The boss seems to a mystery. I was hoping Thunder King to be the Heroic mode only boss, because he has been hyped up to be quite a bad ass.
    That would be incredibly insulting to everyone that wasn't in the top 1% or so of hardcore raiding guilds if the big featured boss of the entire patch was a 'heroic raid' only available to the best of the best raiders. Generally speaking only the top guilds worldwide are even likely to see Ra'den before 5.3.

What they did instead was a much better decision, leaving a mysterious, extremely powerful boss afterwards who is more powerful than even the Thunder King himself.

Keep in mind that the Thunder King was already defeated in combat once, and in the pandaren monk rebellion no less. He's powerful, yes, absolutely, but he's not anywhere near as powerful as you're making him out to be. Still, I look forward to fighting him, and thanks to the fact he's available on normal raid difficulty, I'll be able to.
    Last edited by therealbowser; 2012-12-26 at 08:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    We'll finally be seeing mogu females? Right on!

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    That would be incredibly insulting to everyone that wasn't in the top 1% or so of hardcore raiding guilds if the big featured boss of the entire patch was a 'heroic raid' only available to the best of the best raiders. Generally speaking only the top guilds worldwide are even likely to see Ra'den before 5.3.

What they did instead was a much better decision, leaving a mysterious, extremely powerful boss afterwards who is more powerful than even the Thunder King himself.

Keep in mind that the Thunder King was already defeated in combat once, and in the pandaren monk rebellion no less. He's powerful, yes, absolutely, but he's not anywhere near as powerful as you're making him out to be. Still, I look forward to fighting him, and thanks to the fact he's available on normal raid difficulty, I'll be able to.
    I thought we only know he WAS NOT killed in combat, and we don't know how he died?