Thread: DW Frost in PVP

Deleted

DW Frost in PVP

Hi, I never see anyone anymore playing a frost DW while pvping so I wonder if it's really behind 2h or if it's still viable? Right now I'm gearing up I use DW but I might switch to 2h if it's just plain better.

Thanks.

It less less burst than 2H. It's not bad for RBGs if RBGs were still played the way they were in Cata.

Everything in PvP now is about burst and less about consistent damage. Go 2H.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dossou View Post
    It less less burst than 2H. It's not bad for RBGs if RBGs were still played the way they were in Cata.

Everything in PvP now is about burst and less about consistent damage. Go 2H.
    Alright thanks bro.

I'm the definition of casual. At most, I grind 2s with a random from trade to cap conquest.

I prefer the play style of DW over 2h. DWs damage comes from HB and FS, both of which don't use 2 runes. Thus, you're able to use those runes for IT dispels, necrotic spam, CoI, etc. If you use a rune on any of those as 2h your damage is gimped severely. Going Masterfrost also increases your overall damage against plate when compared to 2h, though 2h will do more damage to clothies. Just my two cents.
    Whaleshark /spits on your science.

you might be casual but you get the concept of DW pvp

Specially against holy paladins , DW is way better than 2H

Quote Originally Posted by Irefusetodie View Post
    I'm the definition of casual. At most, I grind 2s with a random from trade to cap conquest.

I prefer the play style of DW over 2h. DWs damage comes from HB and FS, both of which don't use 2 runes. Thus, you're able to use those runes for IT dispels, necrotic spam, CoI, etc. If you use a rune on any of those as 2h your damage is gimped severely. Going Masterfrost also increases your overall damage against plate when compared to 2h, though 2h will do more damage to clothies. Just my two cents.
    But when you have to switch the blood presence (and you do in pvp) - DW damage takes a huge hit since your main attack (FS) resource cost is almost doubled. 2h does the same damage with Oblit in Blood than it does in Frost. Why imho, 2h survavbility is better.
    It has better surva and better burst - why pvp's favorite.