Thread: boomkin 5.2

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

boomkin 5.2

So as of now, would you consider boomkin being nerfed as of current patch notes? Cause a good pvp buddy of mine said that they're going to kick ass next patch and that only feral is getting a nerf,but to me it seems like both are getting nerfed. What are you guys thinking about this? nerf or buff?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Things from the notes that effect Boomkins:

Displacer Beast has been redesigned. It now triggers Cat Form and grants 50% increased movement speed for 4 seconds after teleporting, and no longer activates Prowl.
    --Arguably "buffed" to compete with Feline Swiftness in a raid environment. I'd still prefer the passive, no-shift-needed speed increase from FS.

Cenarion Ward now grants 100% increased healing.
    --Again, buffing the talent to make it more "viable", considering the dominance of NS and Renewal in most specs.

Rejuvenation now costs approximately 9% less mana....Revive and Mark of the Wild now cost 55% less mana.
    --Lowered mana cost for all specs, not a nerf.

Faerie Swarm can now snare more than one target at a time.
    --Buffed, more competitive, arguably, with Typhoon/Mass Ent.

Mass Entanglement now has a 30 second cooldown (was 2 minutes).
    --Buffed, more competitive with Typhoon

Typhoon now has a 30 second cooldown (was 20 seconds).
    -- Nerfed, likely due to dominance.

The Treants summoned by Force of Nature now deal more damage and healing, and the Force of Nature tooltip will report the capabilities of these summoned pets.
    -- Buffed to compete with Incarnation

Soul of the Forest
    Balance: Now generates 40 Lunar or Solar energy upon leaving Eclipse.
    --Buffed to compete with Incarnation

Nature's Vigil now has a 90 second cooldown (was 3 minutes), and now increases damage and healing done by 10% (was 20%).
    -- Harder to tell, in the same period of time you get the same buff (10%/90s vs 20%/180s). Allows for more control, perhaps, and more ability to line it up with CDs?

I don't really see any game-breaking nerfs, per se, but mostly options to change talents, if we so desire.

Quote Originally Posted by Vizier View Post
    Allows for more control, perhaps, and more ability to line it up with CDs?

Completely wrong. It will still line up with Troll zerking, Incarnation and CA, but only with a 10% buff rather than 20%. Complete and total nerf. The 6% passive will probably be better now.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, according to those changes, Moonkins are getting slightly nerfed. The things they buffed are still not very good, and the things they nerfed (IE: typhoon, nature's vigil burst, Displacer beast no longer dropping target, which was the best part about it) will make a difference.

I know feral got the 30sec cd on clone and now clone is on DR with half the game's spells, but are Balance's cyclones going on the same DR? It wouldn't make sense for both cyclones to be on different DR's, but only feral needed the nerf =/

So overall, including the cyclone DR's, balance druids are definitely getting nerfed. At least in my opinion, and my main is a balance druid.

Quote Originally Posted by Vizier View Post
    Nature's Vigil now has a 90 second cooldown (was 3 minutes), and now increases damage and healing done by 10% (was 20%).
    -- Harder to tell, in the same period of time you get the same buff (10%/90s vs 20%/180s). Allows for more control, perhaps, and more ability to line it up with CDs?

I don't really see any game-breaking nerfs, per se, but mostly options to change talents, if we so desire.
    I'd say its leaning more towards a nerf because of burst

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just make the typhoon as a core ability for moonkins and leave it at 17 seg like in cata. Just now i feel like a feral with cast habilities, solar beam and starfall.

Typhooon and displacer beast are our "oh shit buttons" in pvp and both of them are going to be nerfed due to other specs. Takeing into account that our healing has been already nerfed due to the sp I just dont know how I am suposed to survive. Oh yeah, our survival depends on massive burst and the nerfbat is going to hit that too...

A duel against a feral consist on reseting our health while ccing the feral for 14-18 seg with hibernate/cyclone and is also going to be nerfed thanks to the ferals, but yeah wow it is nos balanced around 1v1, so fuck moonkins.