Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    blanket silences wont get removed, but i could see them being toned down to 2s and maybe a longer CD if you just blanket and not interrupt.

Silence is not necesary for us too,I MEAN we need a firm cc to rougue or a warrior.
    DC should be a base spell for us,60s cooldown,dont recover health or little.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shinewaylee View Post
    Silence is not necesary for us too,I MEAN we need a firm cc to rougue or a warrior.
    DC should be a base spell for us,60s cooldown,dont recover health or little.
    Well they put Whiplash on the Succubus Sac now as well as nerfing Sac itself, so I guess they're just pushing us back a bit toward pet use and consideration. Not a bad thing if they want to draw out games beyond taking Sac and depending entirely on the improved burst that gives us.

Good change, especially with mage one gone as well. Now boomkins and Spriests are teh only casters with blanket silences, Mages, Ele, and Warlocks have interrupts instead.

Between this, Nerfing sacrificial pact by a 100%, Blood Fear (even though it was needed) and the miserable state of affliction pvp ... I'm hating this patch more and more

Affli pvp is not that hard to fix.... A decent start would be to bump the UA dmg on dispell by 100% so that it actually acts like a dispell deterrent and refund a Shard on haunt dispell.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rning/advanced
    i5-3570k @ 4.4ghz - R9-280X @ 1150Mhz on stock voltage - 8GB of DDR3 Ram @ 1866Mhz

less pewpew even more nerfs
    warlock pvp is soo mutch fun ..

Deleted
    destruction warlock is the easiest class to pvp with in the history of the game right now..it needs some serious nerfs but more buttons added in aswell. MOP destro is a faceroll class in wow times, if they were to add mortal coil baseline i would expect some other major nerfs because face it, if we had any talent baseline right now we would be beyond op at that point. Skill cap is very low in these times for destro

15+ Year Old Account
    The blanket silences left in the game don't interrupt the target. Counterspell and spell lock did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imbashiethz View Post
    The blanket silences left in the game don't interrupt the target. Counterspell and spell lock did.
    I think you mean lock out. I'm fairly sure that any silence interrupts spellcasting...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    I think you mean lock out. I'm fairly sure that any silence interrupts spellcasting...
    Yeah, that. The silence aspect was just rewarding failure and didn't promote any kind of consideration to it's usage.

Quote Originally Posted by Skorn View Post
    destruction warlock is the easiest class to pvp with in the history of the game right now..it needs some serious nerfs but more buttons added in aswell. MOP destro is a faceroll class in wow times, if they were to add mortal coil baseline i would expect some other major nerfs because face it, if we had any talent baseline right now we would be beyond op at that point. Skill cap is very low in these times for destro
    destro easy?YOu mean what?Fight with warrior with body or what?In Arena,what can a destro do?Can you cast one CB?Please tell me what's the realist reality of detro in arena?
    And please look at my topic,I prefer 20%damage reduce to get cc.The present destro pvp is so silly and shit for me!

---------- Post added 2012-12-23 at 12:55 PM ----------

Why are you still mention the silence,silence can not work when you meet rogues or warriors

Quote Originally Posted by Aveyai View Post
    The blood fear change is a bit crazy, especially if it still replaces fear o.o.
    I highly, highly doubt the new blood fear will still replace our old fear. If anything it will be counted as a new CC, and hopefully remain in the lv60 Tier. If so it could be a useful instant CC provided its health cost gets fixed.

Why are you still mention the silence,silence can not work when you meet rogues or warriors
    Probably because they are responding to the title and original argument of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    I highly, highly doubt the new blood fear will still replace our old fear. If anything it will be counted as a new CC, and hopefully remain in the lv60 Tier. If so it could be a useful instant CC provided its health cost gets fixed.
    It's not replacing our regular Fear. The talent, in it's current iteration, would be even more ridiculously useless if it did.

It was stated in a tweet by GC that Blood Fear will no longer replace regular Fear.

And come on, we knew a Blood Fear change was coming. It's still early, I'd expect a slight reduction in the health cost of it.

And as for playing against a Rogue or a Warrior and Spell Lock not being useful...why didn't you have a Voidwalker out to Disarm in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Yeah, that. The silence aspect was just rewarding failure and didn't promote any kind of consideration to it's usage.
    Implying there are any important cast time spells left in the game,.
    Nobody is fake casting anymore because 75% of classes have OP Single target spells (Wether that be healing or damage or cc).
    Id rather have an ability that blanket cc's for 3 seconds than an interrupt by ALOT. Even if the the interrupt cd is like 10 seconds or something, id prefer the 24 second 3 sec blanket silence.
    Blanket Silences win games atm. Without them you can expect Hunter/warrior/pally or similar teams to climb to the top as it seems pointless to take casters now.

blanket silence was and is bad design. I can see a melee getting it like a dk but only due to being melee. Casting and juking is how the other classes have done it for years and it was always a cheep feel to kill with control stacks. If I have to lose mine to see mages go, lets do this.

haha reallY?

Quote Originally Posted by Skorn View Post

If you think that destro pvp is over powered you are either bad or just don't have a clue.Mind telling me how many of those destruction warlocks rated over 2200 in arena? yeah I thought so..OP lol

Quote Originally Posted by Telila View Post
    Gag order changed then? Nope? Hmmmmm
    Why would anyone change gag order? A pve only silence, who cares?

destro and affi need a cc to offensive and defend themselves.Demo's is just OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    I could argue about how using blanket silences "could" be used skillfully, but the truth is that it isn't worth using them in a tactical way when every caster mostly depends on instant spells. Blanket silences never really were the problem, except with broken specs. Although the nerf in the current state of the game is a goodchange, there could've been better changes without hurting warlocks so much.

Edit: I'm only talking about Spell Lock (and Counterspell to a certain extent), not purely blanket silences like Strangulate, which seem like no brainers.