Deleted

[Ret PvP] How do you beat Warriors?

Hey all,

Was just watching one of Swifty's latest videos on which he duels several people and, right at the start, he goes against a Ret Paladin and nearly lost (was like within 1~2%) and, by the end, he seemed actually surprised he did beat the Paladin.

I find this surprising because, even though I'm in no way shape or form a pro-PvPer, I do still do my own dose of PvP and if there's a class I just can't beat it's warriors. No matter what I do. Warlocks are hard, mages are hard, shadow priests are hard, yet I can beat them some times and if I lose I can see what I could've done better. Yet, versus warriors I just feel helpless.

Any tips are appreciated (if it matters, I run 2v2 with a shadow priest, though 1v1 tips are more than welcome).

Keep Weakened Blows from HotR up, stun early to see if it forces a trinket, otherwise lets you get some free damage in. Circle strafe as much as possible to hopefully dodge a shockwave. Try to hold off on your cooldowns as long as you can. When the warrior blows all his cds, use Blinding Light. As soon as he trinkets, bubble and use GoAK, and try to get a heal or two before he shatters you. Once the bubble is broken, stun him, put HA and AW, and try to kill him before he is able to shield wall.

If he doesn't trinket that blinding light, toss some heals, stun once blinding light is about to fade and he bubble if his cds haven't ticked out yet. Pop Guardian now and hope he uses Shield Wall at this point. As soon as shield wall fades, use HA and AW and hope you kill him before he kills you.

Looking at it from a warrior's perspective, with the current strength of second wind and low healing output of ret paladins, a warrior shouldn't lose.

another word of advice: don't take swifty seriously.

Looking at the 5.2 changes... we're gonna do fine against them soon enough. <3

In Ret vs Warrior cooldownless (means using nothing over 2min) and assuming they're both talented, the Warrior has a significant advantage.

However in an all out, the Ret paladin has the upper hand.. Guardian hits like a truck, spell damage wrecks thru Die by the Sword, you can close the gap to avoid Warbringer, you can bubble the one shot macros, prevent the Shatter or take the Shatter, blind the cooldowns, possibly forcing a trinket and have a full stun.

The Ret who dueled Swifty was average at best. (I'm inclined to say mediocre but my standards might be high)

In 5.2 Warriors will be garbage vs ret as they have been since the dawn of WoW.

Deleted
    Thanks for the tips.

Veliane, but in 5.2 the only thing warriors will not have against us is 1% off 2nd Wind. Nothing else seems to have any impact on their performance against us (or am I missing something?).

Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    Thanks for the tips.

Veliane, but in 5.2 the only thing warriors will not have against us is 1% off 2nd Wind. Nothing else seems to have any impact on their performance against us (or am I missing something?).
    Shockwave CD is doubled. Overpower/TfB is changed (not sure if it's a nerf or wash honestly) to be less bursty I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    Nothing else seems to have any impact on their performance against us.
    Asumming you want to duke it out in a duel with a War come 5.2 have in mind.

Shockwave/Warbringer combo every 40sec (up from 20)
    Second Wind will heal 1.4% due to Battle fatigue.
    Taste for blood nerfed burst / buff to sustained.

Paladin-wise, Div. Prot reducing melee attacks 20% (glyphed), HoSanc reducing damage taken by 10% and bleeds/dots for 77%, EF healing 40% more initially(this is already on live, WoG and EF heal 40% more for Ret paladins) and a 100% more HoT we'd have our own Second Wind.

They'll need Warbringer/Shockwave for burst, they'll have less control and freedom to buy time for Second Wind and it won't heal that much even. (in fact Second Wind doesn't heal that much NOW but Warriors have so much sustained CC they can just keep fucking with you to buy time for the heal to kick)

So yeah seems pretty significant that we will passively outheal them and our 6 sec stun on a 30sec cd vs their 7sec stun on a 40sec CD seems even in favor for us to stall damage to recuperate.

Quote Originally Posted by Veliane View Post
    Second Wind will heal 1.4% due to Battle fatigue.
    Battle fatigue doesn't affect Second Wind because it heals a percentage of hp? or does it calculate the heal he'd get and then have the battle fatigue impact ?