Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[Feral 5.2] 30 sec cyclone CD gg?

Cyclone now has a 30 second cooldown for Feral Druids. In addition, it will now share diminishing returns with Banish, Seduction, Bind Elemental, Hex, Freezing Trap, Wyvern Sting, Gouge, Sap, Hibernate, Paralysis, Polymorph, Ring of Frost, Repentance, and Quaking Palm.

Are you kidding me?

Is this the end of feral? Why did they nerf cyclone so much for ferals? Now we can't even cast cyclone after an instant cyclone to predict someones trinket.

A 6 second CC on a 30 sec CD.

I'm just speechless.

Edit: My suggestion would be to revert the DRs and remove the cooldown, and reduce cyclone duration by 2 seconds when used in conjunction with Predatory Swiftness. Though, when used with NS/hardcasted it will keep its original duration, OR to give us a maelstrom-like mechanic. Every 1 combo point reduces the cast time on our next spell by 20%.

Second edit: Seeing as many people rather argue with me (which is partially my fault, I'm sorry) I'd like to ask you guys to instead of going hardcore on argueing with eachother about why cyclone is OP/not OP etc and whatever, just give us your suggested change to cyclone.

My mentality behind cyclone with a cooldown not working, is because it removes the reward behind hard-casting cyclone a second time on the same target or on a different target to prevent further heals on him (CC low HP target > CC heal after) which is one of the key things I've seen ferals do in arena. Remove that and how do you think ferals will be able to score a kill?

My current suggestions (all seperated from eachother):
    -Reduce cyclone duration by 2 seconds when used in conjunction with PS.
    -Change PS into a maelstrom-like mechanic. 20% less cast time on next spell per Combo Points used (wont help much actually)
    -Make it so PS can only be used with 5 combo points, which forces us to use at least 175 energy by spamming mangle and 190 by spamming shred (no crits, though). This alone would reduce the amount of instant clones we get by a bit because many ferals gamble the RNG for an instant clone.
    -Give Predatory Swiftness a 10 second ICD on cyclone so you can't chain several instant cast cyclones during Berserk burst.
    Last edited by Terahertz; 2012-12-23 at 06:11 PM.

Agreed this is too much. I imagine they're going to drop this cooldown to 15s, which I could live with. But I really hope they finally make cyclone a "true" CC and up its duration to 8 seconds like all other CC's are these days.

Quote Originally Posted by DesolatedMaggot View Post
    Agreed this is too much. I imagine they're going to drop this cooldown to 15s, which I could live with. But I really hope they finally make cyclone a "true" CC and up its duration to 8 seconds like all other CC's are these days.
    true cc would mean:
    it would have a 1,5 sec cast time, and would be dispellable, u could heal the cced target, any dmg would break cc , and would most likely have a cd like 45 secs? (like hex for example?) or would heal the cced target (like sheep)

I dont think u realize how stupid overpowerd instant cyclone is.

Holy shit, that's a huge kick in the nuts for ferals.

Whelp, looks like I'll just continue levelling my hunter as my main.

Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    true cc would mean:
    it would have a 1,5 sec cast time, and would be dispellable, u could heal the cced target, any dmg would break cc , and would most likely have a cd like 45 secs? (like hex for example?) or would heal the cced target (like sheep)

I don't think you realize what the quotations around true means. And Cyclone does have a 1.7sec cast time -- As Feral we just have a mechanic that allows us to build up to an instant, at the cost of potential healing. And yes while you can't heal a friendly effected by cyclone, the enemy cannot damage them either -- this effect goes both ways and kind of nullifies two of your points.

Anyway, I'm not saying instant cyclones aren't overpowered but a 30 second cooldown for a 6 second CC is too much. 15-20s CD is much more likely to hit live.
    Last edited by DesolatedMaggot; 2012-12-22 at 06:39 AM. Reason: Qoute added

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    true cc would mean:

It's not OP when it requires a huge build up time. The 30 sec CD also makes it so we can't even cast cyclone seperately from Predatory Swiftness.

Quote Originally Posted by DesolatedMaggot View Post
    I don't think you realize what the quotations around true means. And Cyclone does have a 1.7sec cast time -- As Feral we just have a mechanic that allows us to build up to an instant, at the cost of potential healing. And yes while you can't heal a friendly effected by cyclone, the enemy cannot damage them either -- this effect goes both ways and kind of nullifies two of your points.

Anyway, I'm not saying instant cyclones aren't overpowered but a 30 second cooldown for a 6 second CC is too much. 15-20s CD is much more likely to hit live.
    Instant clone wasn't OP simply because of PS being dispellable. And after it got purged, most ferals would simply cast cyclone when absolutely necessary.
    ANY CD on cyclone would ruin it for ferals. It's the same as Blood Fear, which replaces your fear. After you used it once, you can't pre-emptively fear the target again if you know he's gonna trinket it.

My suggestion would be to only proc Predatory Swiftness when you cast a finisher with 5 combo points OR give PS some sort of 10 second ICD. But the current cyclone nerf.... no way am I gonna keep playing my druid then. I only play classes I truly enjoy and have several fun specs. Which druid lost one of.

IF this is going live btw, WHO would in their right mind actually play with a feral? What would feral have others dont? I mean, WW monks obviously are going to be A LOT better with 15 sec 4/8 second paralysis on 20 yard range. Second root/stun/fear trinket (Nimble Brew) and a 60% reduced root/stun/fear for 6 seconds after casting Nimble Brew, most likely better burst and sustained damage combined with a ranged disarm, aoe disarm/silence (talent) or a small aoe 5 sec stun and better magical damage mitigation.

10+ Year Old Account
    All the FOTMERS are crying so funny, im a druid and while 30s CD is over the top (and i doubt it will stay that way) what did u expect? we all saw this coming, im not happy but nothing you can do about it.

FYI im resto so this doesnt bother me that much, i was gonna rerol back to Feral but if these changes go live... no way
    i7 4770k 4.6GHZ................................................ ¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
    OCZ Arc 100 x2 (240g) RAID 0.........................°º¤ø„¸? Druid ,„ø¤º°¨
    Kingston HyperX 8 gig 2400.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨ For Life! 0¤ø„¸
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 OC.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸ ¨°º¤ø

Remember the season where berserk fear immune got nerfed to the ground, where it no longer breaks a fear or make you fear immune. After that nerf, ferals was barely played in pvp until they buffed their damage a bit later in the season. I smell another one of those incoming.
    Its gona suck a lot now that cyclone is 30 sec cd. I definitely hope predatory swiftness is nondispellable with this change as well :|

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shifthappens View Post
    All the FOTMERS are crying so funny, im a druid and while 30s CD is over the top (and i doubt it will stay that way) what did u expect? we all saw this coming, im not happy but nothing you can do about it.

FYI im resto so this doesnt bother me that much, i was gonna rerol back to Feral but if these changes go live... no way
    Yeah, I'm totally a FOTM roller. Get real, I primarily play Boomkin because I enjoy boomkin more in BGs. I play feral whenever I want to be competitive and played it also during wotlk. The 30 sec CD on cyclone will gimp feral a lot, especially combined with all the freaking DR they added to it. If this nerf truly goes live, I'll just lvl my lvl 85 rogue to 90. Which will without a doubt be a lot more enjoyable than feral.

Also, I didn't see THIS nerf coming. I thought they would nerf PS CLONE and not CLONE itself to the point it's useless in most cases. Want to force a trinket with insta cyclone and cast cyclone after the trinket in caster form? loljk 30 sec CD.

Not only does this substantially reduce the skill needed to play feral (why aren't they putting the CD on using PS for clones?), but the DRs are going to really screw any boomkins in arena, as well as hurting rdruids.

Feral's insta-clone needed to be turned down, but this...

Deleted
    Shaman says Hi.

Quote Originally Posted by Baduric View Post
    Not only does this substantially reduce the skill needed to play feral (why aren't they putting the CD on using PS for clones?), but the DRs are going to really screw any boomkins in arena, as well as hurting rdruids.

Feral's insta-clone needed to be turned down, but this...
    Hurting Rdruids was a good thing. the amount of mobility and CC they had was ridiculous compared to other healers. it's kinda over the top for boomies though.
    The biggest problem with cyclone is that it's the only CC that's entirely unbreakable, undispellable AND you can't heal the person in it. That's good, for the sake of variety, but when you can just SPAM the fucking thing, it's called overpowered.

Deleted
    I'm just curious. it looks like our cyclone is on DR with everything, which means that with amount of other instant CC our cyclone will be on DR all the time. and that is equal to being useless ;/

Feral's instant cyclone needed a nerf but this is a bit too much. A 15 second CD would be great and only if Predatory's Swiftness itself had the cooldown and not cyclone.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember back when repentance... oh nevermind. Its a good sign that blizzard is 'trying' to reduce CC and make the game more playable, but its understandable for druids to be pissed when things like blinding light are ignored, and at the same time monks wake up with an 8 second aoe disarm/silence.

I think the argument that its somehow unreasonable to not be able to instantly ReCC someone who has just trinketed is kind of insane though. If anything trinkets should provide CC immunity for a short time.

Join the rogue nerf club, feral brethren ;] just keep calm and keep on spamming shred :O
    You laugh at me because I'm different,I laugh at you cause you're all the same.
    ╔╗╔╗╔╗╗╔╔╗
    ╠╝║║║╗║║╠
    ╝╚╚╝╚╝╚╝╚╝

Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    Cyclone now has a 30 second cooldown for Feral Druids. In addition, it will now share diminishing returns with Banish, Seduction, Bind Elemental, Hex, Freezing Trap, Wyvern Sting, Gouge, Sap, Hibernate, Paralysis, Polymorph, Ring of Frost, Repentance, and Quaking Palm.

Are you kidding me?

A 6 second CC on a 30 sec CD.

I'm just speechless.
    Think you're "sky is falling" it a bit much. Blind is a 1.5min cooldown, shares DR with almost all of those (which I notice cyclone doesn't share a DR with) and only lasts 4 seconds longer and breaks on damage. Unless you think 4 seconds+damage break warrants an entire minute longer cooldown in which case, "I'm just speechless".

Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    Yeah, I'm totally a FOTM roller. Get real, I primarily play Boomkin because I enjoy boomkin more in BGs. I play feral whenever I want to be competitive and played it also during wotlk. The 30 sec CD on cyclone will gimp feral a lot, especially combined with all the freaking DR they added to it. If this nerf truly goes live, I'll just lvl my lvl 85 rogue to 90. Which will without a doubt be a lot more enjoyable than feral.

Also, I didn't see THIS nerf coming. I thought they would nerf PS CLONE and not CLONE itself to the point it's useless in most cases. Want to force a trinket with insta cyclone and cast cyclone after the trinket in caster form? loljk 30 sec CD.
    Because trinketing out of cyclone simply to be cycloned anyway makes sense? No, this was way overdue.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Woceip View Post
    Because trinketing out of cyclone simply to be cycloned anyway makes sense? No, this was way overdue.
    Yes... Because Cyclone is the only CC that can be reapplied directly after a trinket... you seem bright!

This change is a long time coming. Cyclone is just too good, it should have a cooldown for all specs in my humble opinion.

Deleted

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Alzu View Post
    Feral's instant cyclone needed a nerf but this is a bit too much. A 15 second CD would be great and only if Predatory's Swiftness itself had the cooldown and not cyclone.
    This.
    If something, PS should be nerfed, though it would be VERY hard to hard-cast cyclones I would rather struggle with that.