Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    to this day i do not understand why cyclone is still physical. all the changes are justified, except they should revert the DR change for resto ONLY.

Deleted
    This is probably not final. Rank 1 druids are calling this the end of druids in competitive arenas so lets just wait and see how much blizzard fails this time

Deleted
    i like how they basicly remove instant cc(feral)
    and give it to another class(monk)
    in the same patch

oh blizzard.....

why nerfing this and ESPECIALY typhoon
    give back fear immunity while berserk ffs!
    more knockback distance on typhoon! and I'm satisfied, but this this is just spit in a face(while they continue buffing mages)
    and if cyclone now shares diminisging returns to all cc are all otheres shares too? I guess not, awesome blizzard u are fucking best game balancers..

Quote Originally Posted by Zstr View Post
    more knockback distance on typhoon! and I'm satisfied, but this this is just spit in a face(while they continue buffing mages)
    and if cyclone now shares diminisging returns to all cc are all otheres shares too? I guess not, awesome blizzard u are fucking best game balancers..
    if you give a feral fear immunity, how can you stop them? stuns are limited and you can't root one because all they have to do is shift out with very little mana cost.
    besides blizzard is trying to avoid immunities during damage cooldowns (avatar nerf)

They didn't touch Feral's Insane burst so no ferals will be more than fine.

I think 30 secs was a little OTT but it's a step in teh right direction.

They should give insta cyclone a 30 sec CD but let them hardcast it with 0 CD.

That would bring the skill back in ferals.
    Last edited by Emophia; 2012-12-22 at 01:38 PM.

Deleted
    Finally that noob insta clone gets nerf

Deleted
    There is justice says I.

Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    Yes... Because Cyclone is the only CC that can be reapplied directly after a trinket... you seem bright!
    Not alone doesn't mean it belongs. Just because someone else got two cookies and you only got one doesn't mean you need to insult me.

Quote Originally Posted by Emophia View Post

Wrong. They nerfed ferals burst by 10%

They should just keep it the same, 1.5s cast no CD, increase the duration to 8s like every other CC since it shares DR with other abilities but make it so it has to be cast. No more instant cyclones with PS, only instant with NS+Cyclone.

Quote Originally Posted by Alzu View Post
    Feral's instant cyclone needed a nerf but this is a bit too much. A 15 second CD would be great and only if Predatory's Swiftness itself had the cooldown and not cyclone.
    They cant do that because it would hurt DoC.

PS can't be touched, it would completely break the DOC talent which is the standard for the PVE rotation. A 15 CD on clone is really the only solution.

They could make predator swiftness an enrage affect so more comps can avoid it or just make a glyph that removes the cool down on cyclone but u can no longer use it with ps. Instant cyclone in my opinion is one of the better cc mechanics if your paying attention as the right comp its really not that bad in my opinion.

---------- Post added 2012-12-22 at 10:05 PM ----------

or they could take cyclone off predators swiftness plus cyclone has a 20 something yard range and the feral risk being cc. Much better then mechanics like blood fear and presence of mind. People can dispel it just extend it to an enrage effect so more comps can deal with it. Every comp has a dispel at the moment and making it an enrage effect would also fix dispel protection which is annoying.
    Last edited by worsthitmanNa; 2012-12-22 at 10:07 PM.
    You're right except for 2 things.

1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

Blizzard is lazy.
    Its much easier for them to increase spell cooldown to 30 seconds for ferals than create complicated mechanics like "you can't use PS proc for instant cyclone more often than once in 30 seconds".
    Blizzard don't really care about class balance neither in pve nor in pvp. Again, blizzard is lazy. When people whine a lot they buff one class and nerf another. Once in 3-6 month.

I'm not suprised by cyclone nerf. I predicted that they will put cyclone on the same diminishing as some other spells almost 5 years ago, in wotlk. I'm actually surprised that it took them so long. In future expansions there will be just 4-5 diminishing groups for all player control abilities.
    Casting cyclone without living the form was too OP as well, and many people said that it would not last long.
    As well as they said that because of that ferals will be nerfed to the ground - again, because blizzard just cant do anything properly.

Everything was predictable.. Its strange that there is someone that is surprised by these changes.

Deleted
    20 Seconds would be enough imo.

You complain about a 6sec CC with a 30sec CD? Ever heard about hunters? That trap is not even 100% chance to land.

GG yourself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    Cyclone now has a 30 second cooldown for Feral Druids. In addition, it will now share diminishing returns with Banish, Seduction, Bind Elemental, Hex, Freezing Trap, Wyvern Sting, Gouge, Sap, Hibernate, Paralysis, Polymorph, Ring of Frost, Repentance, and Quaking Palm.

Are you kidding me?

Is this the end of feral? Why did they nerf cyclone so much for ferals? Now we can't even cast cyclone after an instant cyclone to predict someones trinket.

A 6 second CC on a 30 sec CD.

I'm just speechless.
    Mate ill trade you repentance for the nerfed version of cyclone. I dont think you realize how stupid cyclone is, it doesnt break on damage and unlike most forms of cc you cannot use certian cooldowns while sitting in it. As a paladin I cant even bubble cyclone so if my team mate is dying I HAVE to use trinket, this change means I dont have to spam my bubble right after so I dont get into another cyclone.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer View Post
    Mate ill trade you repentance for the nerfed version of cyclone. I dont think you realize how stupid cyclone is, it doesnt break on damage and unlike most forms of cc you cannot use certian cooldowns while sitting in it. As a paladin I cant even bubble cyclone so if my team mate is dying I HAVE to use trinket, this change means I dont have to spam my bubble right after so I dont get into another cyclone.
    The pvp balance is much more complicated than "You have cyclone, I have bubble". Its useless to compare cc's if you can't see the picture as a whole.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elapo View Post
    Shaman says Hi.

Hurting Rdruids was a good thing. the amount of mobility and CC they had was ridiculous compared to other healers. it's kinda over the top for boomies though.
    The biggest problem with cyclone is that it's the only CC that's entirely unbreakable, undispellable AND you can't heal the person in it. That's good, for the sake of variety, but when you can just SPAM the fucking thing, it's called overpowered.
    Dont forget though that rdruids are nerfed A LOT now with the displacer beast change aswell. Rdruids also dont have ANY interrupt, which was why they used cyclone a lot. Also, by the time an rdruid starts using cyclone, it's because his team manages to pressure the enemy team a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by tavalus View Post
    Think you're "sky is falling" it a bit much. Blind is a 1.5min cooldown, shares DR with almost all of those (which I notice cyclone doesn't share a DR with) and only lasts 4 seconds longer and breaks on damage. Unless you think 4 seconds+damage break warrants an entire minute longer cooldown in which case, "I'm just speechless".
    Except rogues have a lot more passive CC. Blind is only used to score a kill. Remember you have a stun on a 20 sec CD, a silence, incapecitate and a procced stun? Combine that with vanish etc and you're a lot better off than feral.

Quote Originally Posted by Woceip View Post
    Because trinketing out of cyclone simply to be cycloned anyway makes sense? No, this was way overdue.
    Except only a stupid player would clone INTO another cyclone? You do know that CASTING cyclone without predatory swiftness is still interruptable? AND you do know PS is still dispellable by most classes? Yeah, mind = blown, right?

Quote Originally Posted by gingerlemon View Post
    This change is a long time coming. Cyclone is just too good, it should have a cooldown for all specs in my humble opinion.
    Why? It's a 6 second CC on a 1.7 sec cast with a VERY small range. Like 20-30 yards, which is EASILY LoSed. By adding all these things, they're only ruining the other specs for druids like BALANCE, who already are having a tough time staying alive, combined with the displacer beast change it's GG.

Quote Originally Posted by pajay View Post
    This.
    If something, PS should be nerfed, though it would be VERY hard to hard-cast cyclones I would rather struggle with that.
    PS should've been nerfed intstead. IF a feral manages to hard-cast a cyclone, that means his team pressured the other team enough to allow him to. Also, LoSing a 20/30 yard CC isn't hard at all. They should've put an ICD into PS-clone instead of nerfing clone.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    to this day i do not understand why cyclone is still physical. all the changes are justified, except they should revert the DR change for resto ONLY.
    Yes, so that ferals and BALANCE druids can only play with warlocks/priests I TOTALLY agree <trollface>. The added DR effects to cyclone is just plain stupid. If anything the DR should at least be reverted for balance druids only.

Quote Originally Posted by bovidae View Post
    i like how they basicly remove instant cc(feral)
    and give it to another class(monk)
    in the same patch

oh blizzard.....
    I totally agree. After I saw the changes to (WW) monks I immediately started drooling (got a lvl 90 monk, yay).
    Paralysis though requires a lot of skill/luck to pull off. But seeing as it's a physical CC in 5.2 AND 20 yard range baseline on a 15 second CD, it's really strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Zstr View Post
    I honestly don't care about the typhoon nerf, I really don't because it was needed (not for balance, but oh well, we know how blizzard is...). Fear immunity was also pretty stupid as it wasn't counterable at all. At least zerker rage is dispellable by soothe.

Quote Originally Posted by Emophia View Post

30 seconds is still too long though. 10-15 second ICD on PS-clone would suffice. But seeing as they're actually adding AND buffing other classes, there's actually no real need to nerf cyclone. Though the thing that I would like to see nerfed/changed is symbiosis on paladins, priests and mages (mages = resto).

Quote Originally Posted by farekim View Post
    20 Seconds would be enough imo.

You complain about a 6sec CC with a 30sec CD? Ever heard about hunters? That trap is not even 100% chance to land.

GG yourself.
    Except you have a 4 second scatter + an 8 sec trap + a silence + pet CC.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer View Post
    I don't think you know that cyclone works both ways. You can't be healed inside of a cyclone, but you can't be damaged either. Also remember that cyclone is a 6 sec CC instead of an 8 second CC. They could've also simply reduced the CC of cyclone to 4-5 seconds when used in conjunction with PS.

Paladins have a weakness omg the world has to stop.
    You're right except for 2 things.

1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.