Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baduric View Post
    Did you just tell him to post 'decent feedback'... after posting that? Ugh

Putting cyclone on a 30 sec CD is a terrible change, because the problem with feral is that bursting (both with small TF's and with zerk) grants PS's and allows multiple insta-cast clones within a short time period. Making a class's burst provide them with lots of peels is a poor mechanic, and definitely needs to be changed. Putting a CD on cyclone isn't the solution though: if merely casting cyclone was the problem then both resto and boomkin should be OPed aswell atm. The problem lies with allowing PS to be used on cyclone, if PS could only be used on cyclone every 30 seconds ferals would no longer have non-stop peels while they were tunneling dmg.

The nerf on feral's cyclone is retarded because, while it accomplishes the goal of limiting feral's peels, it does it by nerfing the wrong thing. Removing the majority of feral's peels even when they are not doing dmg is a poor change and overnerfs the spec. Feral's clones are too often at crucial times, but PS, not cyclone, is the culprit.
    I didnt even bother responding to him since that is most likely a waste of time seeing the kind of mentality behind his post.

OT: As you mention, the problem is PS allowing instant clones. For teams who arent good enough to remove that buff when
    it appears it is clearly a big problem. They could just try to put some sort of cd like 10 seconds on how often an instant clone can be cast.
    There should be no cd on cyclone on its own. That is severly handicapping ferals and will render them useless in the future.

Deleted
    I really hated this when fighting ferals. Now I can be happy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baduric View Post
    Did you just tell him to post 'decent feedback'... after posting that? Ugh

Putting cyclone on a 30 sec CD is a terrible change, because the problem with feral is that bursting (both with small TF's and with zerk) grants PS's and allows multiple insta-cast clones within a short time period. Making a class's burst provide them with lots of peels is a poor mechanic, and definitely needs to be changed. Putting a CD on cyclone isn't the solution though: if merely casting cyclone was the problem then both resto and boomkin should be OPed aswell atm. The problem lies with allowing PS to be used on cyclone, if PS could only be used on cyclone every 30 seconds ferals would no longer have non-stop peels while they were tunneling dmg.

The nerf on feral's cyclone is retarded because, while it accomplishes the goal of limiting feral's peels, it does it by nerfing the wrong thing. Removing the majority of feral's peels even when they are not doing dmg is a poor change and overnerfs the spec. Feral's clones are too often at crucial times, but PS, not cyclone, is the culprit.
    that is decent feedback,
    i posted exactly what the bad before me posted , i just fixxed a little for him.

i dont play feral atm so idrc enough to have an opinion to provide decent feedback,
    but the whiny kidys crying "feral iz broken forever" are not helping those of u that care enough to present a decent argument.

As silly as it sounds I'd rather Cyclone be made into an arcane spell, which would solve the problem of PS without having to change anything about PS or Cyclone cd. Course then there wouldn't be a penalty to just spamming it as it already is for Restoration.

10+ Year Old Account
    Enough of the shitty back and forth. Really.

*The most wonderful time of the year*

yea there are still times in matches where i have to hard cast cyclone lol..you would be surprised at times when you need a cyclone NOW and you just got back from being feared ect with 0 combo points >.< . But about the player can't get healed or get damaged in cyclone, well if there is a shammy in group and if someone has a good 45k hp Ancestral Vigor buff on him, in a perfect world and correct timing, you can cyclone them at 10% about and the buff can fall off while in cyclone and they will die! THIS is pretty lol i think but only have happen a couple times but never really practice hard trying to get it perfected.

Deleted
    They are clearly over nerfing then will tune it back up, same with rogues, overbuffing then see how it lands.

The drs will likly be reduced, i cant see it dring with poly and hex, but blind, gouge are definste candiates. No point getting to excited atm, first iteration of some notes, alot can and will change.

The way I see it Blizz should do one of the following:

1. Bring back cyclone the way it was and simply make PS not be useable for cyclone. (Hard Casts ONLY)
    2. If PS has to work with cyclone then make cyclone melee ranged only.
    3. Make Cyclone dispellable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, the sky is falling because you can't win a game through burst, oh wait.. You probably will still be able to.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woceip View Post
    Because trinketing out of cyclone simply to be cycloned anyway makes sense? No, this was way overdue.

LOL like Sap is any different. At least with a feral fighting I KNEW there was a possibility soon. I never know when that rogue is around.....O and SAP is bugged anyways. been getting sapped in combat lately in the 30's bracket

Deleted
    I think the nerfs are fine for Feral. People think Feral will be crap because of these nerfs, but they'll be perfectly viable and brought down with other classes that are already sub-par or are also receiving nerfs. What people seem to forget is that cyclone still cannot be dispelled and that alone makes it a great CC on a short cooldown of 30 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunfyre View Post
    Please keep your comments civil, folks. If you need to preface a statement with "I'll probably be Infracted but..." you probably shouldn't post it. This is an early round of ptr. Things change, and there's plenty of ways to disagree and debate without personal insults.
    That's kinda the sad thing isn't it? I'd love to partake in the discussion, but it's a pvp thread, and therefore people will be acting like brutes. :/

I wish you could stop calling each other 'omfg ur bad'. Agree to disagree, be civil, and moreover, also keep your facts straight, a lot of people are just outraged you're being nerfed. Stop being so emotional over it, be more rational.

Ferals are incredibly strong right now, they have a rather excellent CC, with very good mobility, add to that they are quite hard to control, high damage output and pretty good burst, not to mention their survivability is really not bad at all. Instant cyclone (and no, it does not take that long to ramp it up) in arena play (that is, guys, not 1 on 1) is simply too good. That's my opinion.

And it's early PTR. People will test it, Blizzard will adjust as necessary. Calm down..

---------- Post added 2012-12-24 at 08:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Locruid View Post
    LOL like Sap is any different. At least with a feral fighting I KNEW there was a possibility soon. I never know when that rogue is around.....O and SAP is bugged anyways. been getting sapped in combat lately in the 30's bracket
    You don't get sapped in combat, you just faced a good rogue who knows exactly when you're dropping combat and instantly abuses that, typically (but not necessarily) after a blind. It's sometimes referred to as combatsapping, but not because you're in combat (and afaik it's always been ingame, too).

Think it is a very good change as cyclone has always been to powerful considering it didn't have a cooldown.

I do agree the cooldown is a little much though it seems to me that 20 seconds would be more suitable but then again druids also get entangling roots and natures grasp (not to mention 2 more CC's offered by talents )so it's not like your short on CC

Deleted
    decent suggestion, would work.

Honestly, the CD isn't thaaat much of a big deal. It'll lower the skillcap of Feral as you'll no longer cyclone BoP/Painsup/AuraMastery/ToL or swap cyclones to your target when the healer is on cyclone DR.

The global DR is the worst part about it. It DRs nearly every CC in the game, and has a shorter duration than most of them. Why would a Feral -ever- use cyclone if it DRs his partners 8 second CC? Why would you ever take a Feral into your team if he has no 'real' CC? A Feral will bring stuns and that's it.

Cyclone was NOT the problem with Ferals. Their CD stacking was.

I'm much happier that they nerfed Cyclone instead of PS. Since I mainly PVE, nerfing PS would kill my dps (since I use instant PS's to give me that 2 stack of increased damage via DoC)

Quote Originally Posted by Hunterpower View Post
    if you give a feral fear immunity, how can you stop them? stuns are limited and you can't root one because all they have to do is shift out with very little mana cost.
    besides blizzard is trying to avoid immunities during damage cooldowns (avatar nerf)
    that is only for 10s once 3m not really much, or jsut make it to pop u out of it not immune
    those damn warriors(after u trinked out of stuns) , warlocks and priests with fear , with fucking no cd on it, fear u away 30 yard out of place where u fighting, 6 sec, then 4 , and 2(and well after that again repeat same no immune when DR gone), which is cannot be broken with their dmg , gg free casting on u damn for like 12 sec(about 7 with trinket,thank god when it's not on cd) and with those crits (like 150k shadowburn on 67% res - cya in hell buddy) that are now in game no way u survive

well if lazy blizzard would nerf healing power in pvp we wouldn't be need that much of CC abilities we have now,90% u have to use on them, otherwise if u let atleast healing spell coming through, gg ur enemy full hp again, waste of burst, no cds..bb
    Last edited by Zstr; 2012-12-25 at 05:18 AM.

The problem is we don't want the burst we want the utility. Winning arenas through burst is boring blizzard is nerfing the fun aspect of ferals and not the trololololol I hit two buttons and win aspect.
    You're right except for 2 things.

1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

Quote Originally Posted by hitmannoob View Post
    The problem is we don't want the burst we want the utility. Winning arenas through burst is boring blizzard is nerfing the fun aspect of ferals and not the trololololol I hit two buttons and win aspect.
    Don't worry, you're getting less burst before 5.2 PTR is over, probably compensated with more sustained. You can call me on that if you want.

Blues said feral cyclone is too hard to counter. I suggest adding a 1.0 sec cast time w/predatory swiftnes active and/or making Cyclone dispellable. I dont like having 2 limiting factors (predatory swiftness AND 30s cooldown) to keep track of when i want to CC something.