Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    What happened to Raiders? They used to be dedicated to whatever it took to be the best.

Now they are a bunch of spoiled whiners who "Don't want to do that..."

Disgusting
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Oh I am sorry they reward the players that put in a little more effort. You do NOT need coins they are there to reward players who put more effort and time into the game. If you aren't willing to put in that effort then you do not deserve them.
    I thought the arguement here was not that people arent willing to do stuff to get the charms, it's that dailies ARE the only way to get the charms?

Why are alternative methods of acquisition of coins bad?
    I'm putting in the same effort to get the coins as the guy who does dailies. I'm just doing something I like doing instead of something I don't like doing.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Duplicate post, sorry!
    Last edited by Lovecrafts; 2012-12-22 at 06:08 PM. Reason: Duplicate post, sorry!
    Let's make America GREAT again. Trump 2016.

The community whined and bitched and cried, they stamped their little feet and demanded faster expansion releases. They don't get to complain now that expansions are shorter.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    Nobody is asking to get them with less effort. See mine or Marxman's responses.
    Then what exactly are you asking for?

Should raids/LFR drop them? Then that is asking them for less effort, since you're going to be raiding anyway and you're getting additional bonuses on top of whatever you get out of raiding. Maybe the LFR consolation satchels will have a chance to drop a few, but it would be silly for raids to drop more than just a few. You may as well then just increase the overall drops from a boss's loot table and scrap the coin system.

Should dungeons drop them? Dungeons already award a large amount of valor upon completion, and take very little time for raid-geared players to clear now. Quests give 5 VP and 2 coins, so I can buy dungeons dropping them if they gave something like 80 VP and several coins, but you shouldn't be able to cap too easily or that will require much less effort. Also, it goes against their general design now where they're de-emphasizing running dungeons over and over, which killed a big portion of the playerbase over the course of Cata. If a dungeon rewards too many coins, then there will be complaints of feeling forced to run dungeons to get your coins. The same can be said for scenarios, although they've already altered the rewards to make those more compelling.
    Last edited by DetectiveJohnKimble; 2012-12-22 at 06:19 PM.

Deleted
    Everything that gives valor, now it gives charms too. Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by DetectiveJohnKimble View Post
    Then what exactly are you asking for?

Should raids/LFR drop them?
    If they're given through raids, it should be through an optionally harder version of the encounter, similar to how Protectors is. That, or through optional, skippable mini bosses like the frost giant in ICC.

Should dungeons drop them?
    Maybe, maybe not. All I can say is that emphasizing dailies is no better than emphasizing dungeons, and the emphasis on dailies this expansion is much higher than the emphasis on dungeons has been in any expansion. Charms are a currency that will just about never become outdated, unlike reputation or valor in previous expansions.

Now, you only gave a couple ideas on where else to put lesser charms. There's other places they could be given out, such as for killing rare spawns, doing Brawler's Guild, running challenge modes, etc. There's probably more creative ways blizzard could put them in, as well.

All in all, I just hate blizzard trying to force boring content such as dailies and pet battles.

10+ Year Old Account
    You have to realize that Blizzard said from the start that they added charms to reward players for doing things they otherwise probably wouldn't do.

---------- Post added 2012-12-23 at 09:19 AM ----------

There's other places they could be given out, such as for killing rare spawns, doing Brawler's Guild, running challenge modes, etc. There's probably more creative ways blizzard could put them in, as well.
    Sure, but MMO-Champion can't do a thing about those ideas. If you actually want to suggest new sources of charms to Blizzard, then suggest it to where they can hear you.
    Last edited by SunspotAnims; 2012-12-23 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Buxton McGraff View Post
    Here's how it is. If you want extra rolls, you have to work for it. If you don't want to put forth effort, then why should you deserve the same rewards as people who do?
    What is it you mean effort exactly?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    look the charms give what a 15 to 30% chance at loot you can only get 3 per week. it takes 6 dailies a day to get 90 per week. do a whole hub of dailies everyday you should have enough for multiple weeks.

if you are a hardcore raider the shut up you should be used to doing dumb things for small boosts. if you ARENT a hardcore raider then you dont NEED these coins they are what they are a BONUS and if you want them the take little to no effort.
    not to mention with more gear the easier dailies are, and they've added in a faction(and a new daily hub next patch)
    more gear / quicker dailies / quicker coins with less effort
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kind of disappointed. I hoped blizzard would realize a large portion of their playerbase does not like those activities and would put alternative methods in to acquire them.

Its still only the start of the 5.2 PTR - but this is the time to start complaining. Lets hope they eventually understand.
    Help me out here, what is there to complain?
    Charms don't give you anything guaranteed. Let's put this at first....

And now let's look at the changes:
    They add the feature of giving lesser charm drop chances from pet battles. Fine, and where actually is the big deal with that?
    Anyone who does play Pet Battles knows that doing so can likely throw you into a somewhat behind spiral. Pet Battles may be seen as a "child's play" by some.
    But Blizzard did actually a great job with it, and a quite interesting and challenging feature. It's an entire new and broad option, that - if done correctly, and progression driven - involves actually a lot of time commitment. Time, that is missing on other ends.
    But you chose to do it, so it's your problem.... True that.
    But that's also true for all the other tasks at hand.
    It's not that pet battles give valor points at all. There are dailies, lots of em. They all require a lot of traveling, and yield only one thing... idealized 10 gold, and a couple of goodie bags, per set. Like, you go beat 5 tamers in Kalimdor, that gives you about 50 gold and a goodie bag. Then you defeat the master tamer, that gives you another 10g and a bag. There's no valor to gain. The goodie bags usually have vendor trash and pet vanity items like pet bandages, cookies and the like. It'll take a good hour to get that done.
    So, I really don't see a problem with a drop chance of a lesser charm on battles. If they drop as frequent as the stones drop, that can be used to upgrade pet qualities, then it would take month to even get the 90 charms needed for a turn in.
    I've just happen to have spent the entire last week with the pet battle feature. I've done nothing else, other than the LFR runs on one toon. I got a total of 3 such stones I think the drop chance to get one is like 1:75 or so, roughly....
    If that's the rate assumed for charms... I'm sure all Pet Battlers are going to be OP, since they can turn in charms like once every 6 month.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Put lesser charms into LFR bags, drop them in 5 mans, I don't care. Freaking 45 dailies every week, it's so annoying. Yeah, it "gets me out into the world", joy. I kill my token dozen mobs and hand in the quest. What exactly did that achieve? I didn't enjoy it, no one else benefited from it and I still have to do 6 other quests that day to keep up the pace. Joy.

And it's funny that people still talk about "effort", as if those quests were actually challenging. Obviously they can't be hard, since people in greens/blues might be doing them, plus there's so many of them that 'hard' would get even more annoying. "Effort" for me is covered by heroic raiding, not by killing boring mobs.

But I guess Blizzard wants people to do their shiny new dailies in 5.2. If there were some actual alternatives, people would only do them if they enjoyed it/wanted reputation rewards/valors. Can't have that, go grind those quests or no charms for you.

Also, the usual "but you don't need them" excuse.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's kind of funny how the flow changes.... Few weeks back, people were bitching about how they get swamped with charms... And now, the bitching starts with the other way around? I don't get that at all..... Well yeah I do get it, but it's getting really grotesque.

I'm sitting on as many charms that I don't have to do a single daily to be able to turn them in for the next 20 weeks...
    Sometimes it really feels like people just bitch, because they want to bitch..

Best solution would be to put charms on JP vendor at reasonable price (smth like 100 JP per 20-30 small charms, JP is barely farmable, so price can't be high).
    Quote Originally Posted by Christan View Post
    not to mention with more gear the easier dailies are, and they've added in a faction(and a new daily hub next patch)
    Some roles barely scale with gear (like shield-tanks, and no, I have holy as offspec), but they are still expected (trying to avoid word "forced") to do dailies. It isn't quicker because without vengeance your damage is like that of naked healer with res sickness. Instead of getting new dungeons, which are loved by such roles, and which we greatly lack in MoP, we get more and more daily quest hubs, where we are to suffer in misery.

A lot of people tend to ignore main problems behind dailies. But I am sure that if only way to get PvP gear would be by doing millions dailies to unlock HP/CP vendors, getting lottery tickets (aka Charms) or relying on lottery drops once a week from some arena boss, there would be much bigger uproar.

And Pet Battles rewarding charms doesn't solve anything. Many people, if they'd want to play pokemon, they'd go and play it and not some watered down version of it in WoW. Playing only for reward (charms from pet battles) kills the very purpose of playing - enjoying the very process of playing, so pet battles won't really become more popular.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    It's kind of funny how the flow changes.... Few weeks back, people were bitching about how they get swamped with charms... And now, the bitching starts with the other way around? I don't get that at all..... Well yeah I do get it, but it's getting really grotesque.

I'm sitting on as many charms that I don't have to do a single daily to be able to turn them in for the next 20 weeks...
    Sometimes it really feels like people just bitch, because they want to bitch..
    Different people complain about different things. I've never complained about having too many charms (and have never had 'too many').

Also, could you link that somewhere you've seen someone complain about having to many? I haven't seen that even once.

---------- Post added 2012-12-23 at 03:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Christan View Post
    I plan on doing Klaxxi and Golden Lotus dailies for the majority of them. Those are the only reputations I have at exalted, but I don't care - they're the quickest. All daily quests are chores to me, and if I have a chore to do, I do it in the fastest way possible.

And no I don't plan on grinding the new reputation. Raiders don't need to get reputations anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Different people complain about different things. I've never complained about having too many charms (and have never had 'too many').

Also, could you link that somewhere you've seen someone complain about having to many? I haven't seen that even once
    Just search... There are even Blue responses about it. Those complaints were actually the sole reason why Blizzard changed them into a currency which is now in the currency UI, instead of cluttering our bag and bank spaces.

Took me a few seconds to type in "too many lesser charms" on google, to get this already:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6893569939
    Last edited by Wildtree; 2012-12-23 at 03:07 PM.

I don't have a problem with this. I mean, you don't have to grind out dailies EVERY DAY to get the charms, just so many a week, and it's not that hard to do. They even keep giving us new daily quests to choose from here.