Internet dies every night around same time

This has been a reoccurring issue for me for months now.

I have AT&T U-Verse, i had them for over a year. Honestly, they're not half bad, minus this issue. Was infrequent before, now it's every night.

Every night, between 11:30 PM to 1 AM, my TV signal, Internet and phone will die. It can take anywhere to 5 minutes to an hour for it to return, and it may do it again.

I called AT&T and had techs come over, but they could never find anything wrong and just give me a $5 credit if I fight hard enough.

I was curious if you guys might have any suggestions on this?

Quote Originally Posted by HAcoreRD View Post
    This has been a reoccurring issue for me for months now.

I have AT&T U-Verse, i had them for over a year. Honestly, they're not half bad, minus this issue. Was infrequent before, now it's every night.

Every night, between 11:30 PM to 1 AM, my TV signal, Internet and phone will die. It can take anywhere to 5 minutes to an hour for it to return, and it may do it again.

I called AT&T and had techs come over, but they could never find anything wrong and just give me a $5 credit if I fight hard enough.

I was curious if you guys might have any suggestions on this?
    They are working on your server.

They are doing it at the least active times. I went through this when Comcast updated it's server.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had a similar problem with Time Warner Cable. Every morning between 3am and 5am, all my TVs/phones/modems would start this weird rebooting process. Sometimes it took 5 minutes, sometimes it took an hour. I had Time Warner come to my house AT LEAST a dozen over the course of two months. Finally, the company sent a real TWC employee to my house (the previous ones had all been contractor types). The TWC guy admitted that their systems were being upgraded and patched...

If those stupid fucks had just admitted it upfront, I would have understood. I would have bitched of course and demanded compensation for the time I was without service. But, instead they opted to spend about 20 hours worth of contractor billing instead of just being honest with me. Sounds like you're in the same boat.

10+ Year Old Account
    AT&T is shit, and will do pretty much anything to make you pay money and screw you over. The internet in my area went out, and apparently THEY didn't know it, but I did. When I called them, they said nothing was wrong. Sent someone over, find nothing wrong INSIDE MY HOUSE. Call again, and, oh, by the way, they charge you like $100 for coming more than once within a certain time. After calling more times, they eventually told me that I need a new modem (I had mine for over a year, but they already checked it and it was fine). So they sent a new one. The new one didn't work. The power cord was fucked. I call again. They send me another one, which works fine. The next day, the outage is fixed and my ld modem works again, because it was never broken in the first place. NOW, after having no internet for a week at least, they add the two modems to my bill. After explaining to what had to be the most incompetent person EVER for over 30 minutes why I'm not paying that shit, they eventually decided not to charge me for the modems, provided I send them back to them. Not "we have a local place you can take them". Not "we're fucking retards, so we'll come pick them up", but "you have to pay money out of your pocket to have them sent. Oh, and there's a return slip we didn't give you in the first place that you need in order to do that. Oh, and we're still charging you extra for something, but we're not going to explain what". After dealing with the Better Business Bureau, I finally convinced them to drop the charges. But they never came and got their modems. So guess what free gift my brother got?

Oh, um, I don't know what's wrong with yours. If it happens a ta certain point every single day, it could be due to high traffic. If you have wireless, make sure nobody's mooching off of you.