Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    So I get it's useless...but is there any reason for bothering to remove it? Surely it's more work/time on their part to remove a useless spell instead of letting it sit out being unused?

it looks nice for screenshots and stuff .

Wow nobody here used this ability?

It actually had some fantastic uses, such as:

- Duels - 7 x 12k non crits is a good start!
    - Breaking Stealth in narrow area's of bgs or around pillars.
    - If you're getting chased down you can pop these and it'll either a) slow them down a lot because they need to weave around or b) hit them and keep them in combat!
    - Protecting flags when you get cc'd (if you run around in a circle while casting this ability you can create a perfect circle around a flag, if you get sapped, feared or whatever cc, it'll hit the enemy and stop the flag cap.

The fact that not many people know what it does also plays in your favour which results in people often coming out of stealth.

I don't know why Blizzard decided to remove it, maybe it didn't make much sense but it was still fun.

Monk Guides/Tips & Fun unique videos check it out:
    YouTube.com/SmashUpGaming

Quote Originally Posted by Smashpanda View Post

- If you're getting chased down you can pop these and it'll either a) slow them down a lot because they need to weave around or b) hit them and keep them in combat!
    - Protecting flags when you get cc'd (if you run around in a circle while casting this ability you can create a perfect circle around a flag, if you get sapped, feared or whatever cc, it'll hit the enemy and stop the flag cap.

The fact that not many people know what it does also plays in your favour which results in people often coming out of stealth.

I don't know why Blizzard decided to remove it, maybe it didn't make much sense but it was still fun.

Thats what I'm saying. I hope they plan to fix it then bring it back just like Ring of Peace.
    Last edited by Nanaboostme; 2012-12-23 at 09:49 AM.

i found a use for this but its still pretty meh while kiting on garalon his leg(that skumbag leg) has a chance to step on them some damage i guess but thats the best i have

10+ Year Old Account
    >be in warsong gulch
    >be flag carrier
    >be running down that long hallway
    >be speed dropping a fuckton of POB all the way while running with a small army of pursuers

watch as towards then end the pursuers slowly start dropping off

the only time ive actually used them in a serious situation
    was kinda funny

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Smashpanda View Post

None of these are overwhelmingly good, to be honest. It was just a bad spell, really. There was potential there, but they didn't do enough with it.
    EverQuest, City of Heroes, Star Wars Galaxies, EverQuest II, World of Warcraft, Guild Wars, Star Wars TOR, Guild Wars 2, Rift.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Televators View Post
    None of these are overwhelmingly good, to be honest. It was just a bad spell, really. There was potential there, but they didn't do enough with it.
    I'm inclined to agree, Blizzard have implemented a lot of 'not so good' spells in the past and this ability was one of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I used it a ton during Challenge modes for extremely hard-hitting trash where, if i got in melee range of em, i died. It fulfilled its role well- dealing damage while kiting.

I also don't see WHY blizz has to remove spells simply because the majority of players didn't use em that often. Sentry Totem, Eye of the Beast/Eagle, Thorns, ect, all were useful in some situation or another. Ppl didn't HAVE to have them on bars if they didn't use em. /sigh. Removal of choice again, removal of choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

I don't see a reason behind this removal either. It was funny, it was useful at times, it was pretty. Did Blizzard somehow decide to remove it because uhm, nobody used it in actual fights? I'm not using Eyes of the Beast during boss fights either, and don't see why it should be scrapped

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    I used it a ton during Challenge modes for extremely hard-hitting trash where, if i got in melee range of em, i died. It fulfilled its role well- dealing damage while kiting.

I also don't see WHY blizz has to remove spells simply because the majority of players didn't use em that often. Sentry Totem, Eye of the Beast/Eagle, Thorns, ect, all were useful in some situation or another. Ppl didn't HAVE to have them on bars if they didn't use em. /sigh. Removal of choice again, removal of choice.
    Most of the abilities you've listed are just kicks and giggles abilities. They never really had a use - I mean you could try using them but really they are just there for flavor.

Path of Blossoms was meant to be a strong utility spell but for the most part was ignored or only really found places in niche rolls. So the niche rolls are what killed it, I mean ok, so you're to use it while kiting a boss, that's fine but how many bosses do you actually kite? You can use it while kiting mobs in dungeons, but the majority of the time it was just a superfluous button press as tanking even with the highly mobile Monk is all about mob positioning then you turret up for the most part.

PoB was my go-to "run around in circles in Org/2moons" spell. RIP.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Eye of the Eagle (Eagle Eye to be exact) is still in the game, rejoice!
    I haven't even noticed that Thorns had been removed from the game, lol

Quote Originally Posted by kharyll View Post
    Eye of the Eagle (Eagle Eye to be exact) is still in the game, rejoice!
    I haven't even noticed that Thorns had been removed from the game, lol
    omg i just realized about thorns until I read this and my druid is an alt -___-'. I still remember thorns being EXTREMELY overpowered in the beginning of cataclysm where you could have someone kill themself just by attacking you. Good o' days.

Maybe if they make PoB more like land mines where it's placed all at once instead of it trailing behind you, it could be more useful? I would say it would be up to par with Wild Mushrooms and adding a slow or DoT for each PoB

I used it for the first time yesterday and half my guild goes "what is that? I've never seen that before" Bye blossoms

Quote Originally Posted by Adonkavic View Post
    That skill was useless. Good riddance to that waste of space sitting on my taskbar
    Taskbar? If you mean actionbar, no reason to have it there if you don't use it :/