I've always been a fan of diversity, especially when it comes to playstyles. Suffice to say, I was more than a little dissapointed when blizzard decided to take melee weapons away from hunters, and ranged weapons from everyone else. It seemed that, instead of working to make these weapons more useful and exciting to use, they went the easy route and scrapped them altogether. Some would say that this was the best choice they could make, that a warrior should never know how to use a gun or bow, and that a hunter should never know how to use an axe. Some people simply think this wouldn't be feasible from a gameplay perspective.

I wholeheartedly disagree.

Not only does this not make sense lore wise, as many hunters (Rexxar for example) have used melee weapons in the past, it's also a missed opportunity from a gameplay standpoint. Thankfully, many on this site agree with me, and have even come up with ways to reintegrate different types of weapons with different classes in a way that makes sense and could work in-game. The following quote is from one such post on this website:

"Personally, what I think would be really cool is if Blizzard added a few more fourth specializations into the game, like they did with Guardian druids, and in doing so, give a couple of the melee DPS classes a ranged DPS option.

Rogue's could get a "Scout" spec, with the option to use bows, or dual wield guns/crossbows/thrown weapons.

Warriors could get a "Vanguard" spec, with the option to wield a gun or crossbow in their offhand, like Genn Greymane in Curse of the Worgen.

Hunters, on the flip side, would naturally get a melee DPS version of the Beastmaster spec, like Rexxar."

So what do you guys think of this? Clearly these specs make sense from a lore perspective, as all of them have been seen in the rpg, the original games, and / or in the MMO.