Haste scaling higher than MAstery with DW?

So, I recently started playing my DK, (actually planning on making it my main after getting more gear on it, to actually compete with my druid, thats 20 ilevels higher) and I was running sims just now to see estimated dps, and the scale factors, and I ended up with a much higher value on haste than mastery, as dw? I thought dw preferred mastery over haste, or is this only true in high end gear?
    are the stat values
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...stagram/simple is my armory for reference (I literally just started gearing this toon up in the last couple weeks, so my gear is rather meh.)
    Last edited by Conatzer; 2012-12-22 at 08:13 AM.

It always depends on your gear, Stat Weights are always calculated with BIS, you will notice Haste being ahead of Mastery for Single Target for quite awhile with DW until you start getting 490+

Quote Originally Posted by rap87 View Post
    It always depends on your gear, Stat Weights are always calculated with BIS, you will notice Haste being ahead of Mastery for Single Target for quite awhile with DW until you start getting 490+
    Pretty much this. Until you start getting better gear, Haste will be better due to smoothing out your rotation. When you get closer to 500, you'll have plenty of haste to have a good rune regen rate while being able to forge a lot of extra stats into mastery.

The reason for that is the simple fact that you need a little bit of haste to actually maintain your Howling Blast spamming. Once you get to the plateau of ~4600 haste I believe, mastery's value starts going up.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Also, toying around with sims, trying to get the highest potential dps, LSFO is simming ~700 dps higher (no upgrades for either trinket) than Relic, but every BiS list for DKs Ive seen shows that relic is bis?

Deleted
    Haste will devalue significantly if you use AMS to your advantage for RP, stick with mastery > haste

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vereesà View Post
    The reason for that is the simple fact that you need a little bit of haste to actually maintain your Howling Blast spamming. Once you get to the plateau of ~4600 haste I believe, mastery's value starts going up.
    Dont think so. It's based on ratio haste/mastery from what I have experienced. Went haste over mastery in values the stats weight changed accordingly then mastery over haste and stats changed again. But keep in the mind the stats weight is on single target but the benefit of mastery will easy equal or past haste on any 3+ targets or single target with movement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also don't forget that not only AMS, but PL can also give you free GCDs (every 25 seconds), helping you out if you are on very low haste and when you are about to have a second unholy rune coming up. I must agree with almost everyone here, with more haste it does become easier to play, but mastery is the king stat. Generally the more gcds you do the higher your dps will be in the end (and I do stress generally), waiting for anything as DW is a dps loss, (unlike 2H where you may have to wait sometimes for obliterate to KM).
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2012-12-24 at 10:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by naturestorm View Post
    Dont think so. It's based on ratio haste/mastery from what I have experienced. Went haste over mastery in values the stats weight changed accordingly then mastery over haste and stats changed again. But keep in the mind the stats weight is on single target but the benefit of mastery will easy equal or past haste on any 3+ targets or single target with movement.
    Take the following with a grain salt since it's not based on any mathematical evidence but rather my own common sense: the only reason haste is a desirable stat to begin with is because it allows you to maintain your 'rotation' if you will. Once a certain plateau of haste has been reached, you no longer need any more of it and should instead focus on mastery to further increase your abilities' damage.
    Last edited by Vereesa; 2012-12-24 at 12:32 PM.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Deleted
    Indeed Vereesa is right but not to mention a simple fact is the dps simm is on single target encounter. So in this case mastery gets underused since in most encounters this tier you get an AoE phase. But you can't simm that. So it will tip in favor of mastery once you do have something to AoE. Now I know that it might be called an "inflation" of DPS but they still need to be killed, so the more dps you can output the best your raid will be.

So in general at same ilevel weapons, aprox. same gear your simm will show 2h is better, since it's single target. But once you can get something to AoE it's game over. And haste simms better for DW just because of the single target dps.
    Last edited by mmoc0127ab56ff; 2012-12-29 at 08:46 AM.