Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[General] Mage T15 Design

On this link so far, possibly not finished but looks very well done at this moment:

http://www.wowhead.com/news=209326/5...r#tier-15-mage

I love the look. Think we got the better half of the overall tier so far. Guessing the purple version is the heroic tier, and it looks delicious.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

Deleted
    The shoulders could look way better, hope they change them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree it's one of the better T15 overall and much better than T14. I still think it could be a lot better. Gear style is very subjective though so someone somewhere will love it.
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: 3770k@4.5Ghz custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    SSD: Samsung 830 256GB PSU: Corsair AX850 CASE: Corsair 800D
    Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    The bottom of the robe looks like half of the cloaks from Wrath of the Lich King - T9 mostly and some T10. I like that design when it's actually on the cloaks themselves.

The unicorn style helmet is mildly ridiculous

The shoulders look good but should be placed a bit lower.

I hope it looks better on in-game gnomes than WoWhead ones, but I doubt it.
    Helmet clipping is an eternal problem!

That said, once I have my T14 shoulders I don't think I'll ever be taking off my Ragnaros hat anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Shangalar View Post
    The unicorn style helmet is mildly ridiculous
    You see a Unicorn, I see a Dragon. I love this set, I think it is one of the best looking amongst the rest T15. Druid looks great as well...

Deleted
    Looks ... generic. Same for S13 Mage. Not bad, but not hugely exciting, like most mage sets imo. :/

e.g. the Season 13 Warlock set in comparison looks SICK. Same for Druid T15.

Stuff like the built-in tattoos on the monk set or the gladiator-style on the Paladin are much more interesting. Mage set, boring as always. One of the few interesting Mage sets, Tier 8, only pants set, doesn't even have fitting shoes.
    Last edited by mmoca812163483; 2012-12-22 at 01:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by one_entity View Post
    e.g. the Season 13 Warlock set in comparison looks SICK. Same for Druid T15.
    You just summed up 5.2 quite well. As often is the case warlocks get awesome gear and the detail in those druid shoulders is amazing I wish we would see more things like it.

I wish they would make previous tier tokens usable by all classes so I could use a full warlock tier 5 set for example.
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: 3770k@4.5Ghz custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    Armory

It's a matter of personal taste as always I suppose, personally think the new Warlock PvP set look awful

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't love the T15 set. It doesn't feel very magey to me =S. I can see the dragon motif they were going for but it doesn't come accross very well.

Also, the shoulders clip with the head so intensely on the gnome: http://www.wowhead.com/news=209326/5...9;9;120210:7+0

If blizzard really wants these massive tower shoulders they need to push them away from the body a bit more

10+ Year Old Account
    OOOOH, I needed to see a closeup and rotate it to see the entire helmet. I withdraw my unicorn statement, it looks really cool. Shoulders are cool as well but they're really too high.

Still, I miss the helmets that were crown-like, power crystals, stuff like that. This looks like a Warrior helm and shoulder stuck on a cloth robe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shangalar View Post
    Still, I miss the helmets that were crown-like, power crystals, stuff like that. This looks like a Warrior helm and shoulder stuck on a cloth robe.
    It depends on which race/gender you play. I'm glad we have full helmets since there's no possible way to make a male human's hair and head look good.
    Armory

Mage shoulders are a bit over the top I think.

My favorite from what I've seen, barring anything that might change on the PTR, is definitely the rogue set

Deleted
    Warlock is as always the best, don't like mage T15

Quote Originally Posted by Smaikiii View Post
    You can always pray for warlock offset pieces :P

Deleted
    It looks really really bad. Thank god the gold challenge mode transmog looks so cool.

Deleted
    I don't usually say this, but mage T15 is very good. All of our sets minus one or two are just awful (my opinion of course), but I find T15 to be quite good.

Druid T15 is just awesome, warlock is meh this time and that makes me a bit happy

P.S. the creatures on the shoulders look like the aliens from the movie in chestbuster stage
    Last edited by mmoc79af98f473; 2012-12-22 at 07:25 PM.

they need to give item sets more effects like the challenge mode gear. otherwise after 15 tiers we are bound to get bored with the same coloring/structures.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Smaikiii View Post
    Tier 13 called..