Poll: Which would you give up for a year if you had to?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Hypothetical Question: Which would you live without if you had to? Fruits or Veggies

If you had to live without either fruits or vegetables, for lets say a year, which would you choose to give up?

I would choose fruits since vegetables are primary staples of a majority of meals. I couldn't live without my taters, corn, or green beans.

Also a tomato is considered a fruit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomato#...r_vegetable.3F

And one other thing to note; you would still be able to take vitamin supplement pills to cover the nutrition you would lose by giving up either fruits or veggies.

Deleted
    I like both very much so its a hard one! Even though i really do not want to, I'd pick living without fruit! Meals are just too plain without veggies

Deleted
    Tomato is actually a berry, not a vegetable:P So if I could still eat tomatoes, I'd have no problem giving up vegetables. I'm a vegetarian and funnily enough, I almost don't eat them even now.

I've eaten something like 3 vegetables in the past 15 years... Since I don't really want to die from malnutrition I kinda need fruits and stuff like that.

Are potatoes vegetables in your hypothetical question ?

Yes a potato is a vegetable

Deleted
    Fruits easily. I do not eat alot of fruits. But I eat vegetable daily.

Id give up fruit, I dont eat fruit very often but I love vegetables in my meals (especially peas, carrots and potatoes.)

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Yes a potato is a vegetable
    Oh, I eat those. Bah, I can survive off rice and pasta. (those aen't vegetables, uh ? They're cereal/from cereals.)

Quote Originally Posted by Authary View Post
    Oh, I eat those. Bah, I can survive off rice and pasta. (those aen't vegetables, uh ? They're cereal/from cereals.)
    Yes rice and wheat (pasta) are considered grains, so you could eat those.

10+ Year Old Account
    While I dearly love my corn and potatoes, I think as a whole I could do without veggies the most. I like a lot more fruits than I do veggies, though I do eat a lot of corn and potatoes lol.

Actually, I guess I take that back. I eat more salsa than anything. So even though I already voted to get rid of Veggies, I have to say I'd rather get rid of fruits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Deleted
    If Rice and Pasta is allowed then I'd give up veg. Don't think i could live without fruit juice

wtf are you going to eat if you totally give up vegetables? That's no bread, rice, pasta, potatoes... Losing tomatoes and bananas would kinda suck, but at least I'd still get burgers, fries, spaghetti....

Quote Originally Posted by Stasis007 View Post
    wtf are you going to eat if you totally give up vegetables? That's no bread, rice, pasta, potatoes... Losing tomatoes and bananas would kinda suck, but at least I'd still get burgers, fries, spaghetti....
    bread, rice, and pasta are grains

I fucking hate vegetables

so its a easy easy choice for me

Deleted
    I am a veggie and vegetables are a way bigger and more important part of my diet, so I'd have to say goodbye to fruit. It'd suck to basically lose all nice flavoured drinks but, I'd rather that than pretty much starve. xD

I'm coeliac, couldn't live without vegies. I like fruit, but it isn't mandatory.

I'm allergic to most fruits, so for me it's a no-brainer. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I almost never eat either anyways, so it doesn't really matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    i dislike veggies. so the choice is easy for me. i love lemons though.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fruits to me are snacks or sweeteners that offer some nutritional value but can be replaced

Vegetables are essential sources of minerals and fibre and are 100% needed for anyone wanting to stay healthy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    People so addicted that they're actually angry at Blizzard for WoW getting old >.< Insulting WoW because your tired of it is like hating your dad because he's older than you and not as fun as your friends.