Deleted

Additional modifier keys, is this possible?

As today, wow has so many abilities and macros that require a lot of keybinding. I already have the naga mouse and everything on it and around the movement keys are keybinded multiple times. This is why I ask: Is there a way to add additional modifier keys like shift and ctrl?

I know there is alt still around and I use it but I think it feels less efficient than the ones mentioned earlier. This is because the constant use of spacebar and the fear of accidentally pressing alt+tab. But at least one key would be great for this and would make things a lot easier and it's the "<" key right next to the shift. This may not apply to everyone since I don't have experience on foreign keyboards.

I don't want to alter any of my actual windows files because I know already it's possible and I've heard it's hard work and can really screw things up. Making this only affect wow would be perfect. I'm looking for something like a macro input or an addon.

Adding simply [mod:(the key I would like to use)] doesn't seem to work since it would be just too easy and simple.
    Last edited by mmoc4f26fd59c0; 2012-12-22 at 12:56 PM. Reason: disabled smilies

I personally use alt for quite a few keybinds (Around 10 extra keybinds). Alt-tabbing is a very rare occurance, and almost never happens to me. Give it a try.
    Also, I'm not entirely sure if WoW recognises left and right control as separate keys. If so, you could try changing one of your extra buttons on the mouse to right control and use that as a modifier (Personally I did this, but use rCtrl as my push to talk, freeing up shift, alt and lCtrl for keybind mods).

Deleted

This is what i use basically i can use the "Thumb" buttons as modifiers

Hence: Might not be the best solution to your problem, You might have a mouse with extra button if you don't have them for modifiers use them also you could check by the Feral guide on druid forum on the button i have an keybinding guideline that might help you :-)