Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunfyre View Post

My cool downs come up at the top of each phase. Not sure why you'd pop them during orb phase.
    because others have the dps to kill it during that phase, totally skipping the last one.

NV healing is even more situational than HotW since you're using it as a dps cooldown, thus it might or might not be useful at all

NV healing is 50% overhealing as well. With that said, it's more of a spot-heal when paired against Tranquility. You can keep ~10 people alive with NV on H:Blade Lord during the final burn (<10%). Tranquility and NV do the same amount of healing, but Tranq is just x 5 faster. NV shouldn't be a replacement for Tranq, but HOTW:Tranq is still hardly justified. (13.3% of HOTW's usage is Tranq, and no one ever uses HOTW's effects for the remainder of the spell.)

Nature's Vigil shouldn't be used as a healing cooldown (as Balance/Feral), but the healing is nice and scales with Damage Modifiers to a very silly amount. (3mil crits on H:Wind Lord -> 750k NV heal). You may as well let the first Recklessness on this fight be healed by NV'ing druids. Amber-Shaper is nice too. Elegon as well. H:Stone Guard with the Tiles. NV just had more fights that had excessive damage modifiers. HOTW:Tranq and HOTW by itself didn't scale as well as NV on many fights. NV was simply better than DOC and HOTW this tier.

The 90sec NV CD isn't disastrous, just a little annoying. Given Proc Trinkets, it might turn out to be a DPS gain or at least be up to par.

Off-topic question: how much more healing will a Tranq do if you pop HOTW together (always assumed it'd be a LOT more)... Has anyone actually seen/done the math?

Quote Originally Posted by land View Post
    Off-topic question: how much more healing will a Tranq do if you pop HOTW together (always assumed it'd be a LOT more)... Has anyone actually seen/done the math?
    In real-world scenarios, I've done about 5 mil healing with a hotw tranq as feral during heavy healing phases in a 25m raid.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiadam View Post
    In real-world scenarios, I've done about 5 mil healing with a hotw tranq as feral during heavy healing phases in a 25m raid.
    2-3million with 0 overhealing perhaps. 5 million? I highly doubt it, gonna need to see logs to believe that :P

Quote Originally Posted by Motoma View Post
    2-3million with 0 overhealing perhaps. 5 million? I highly doubt it, gonna need to see logs to believe that :P
    HOTW increases healing done by 50%

So....it's probably not doing ~3.4mil without HOTW.

My bad, was looking at Elegon and totally spaced about the heal bonus while inside the circle. ~3 mil without that buff.

Deleted
    DoC was always better for ferals.

This just makes hotw better then NV for us, NV might be useful if there are fights that require you to burst (like spine) but unlikely.

Shame that they have to make it a useless pve tallent for us just to balance pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiadam View Post
    My bad, was looking at Elegon and totally spaced about the heal bonus while inside the circle. ~3 mil without that buff.
    You can actually use HotW as a sort of Damage buff on that fight... i usually rake in around 19M in healing, with a whopping 15% of that coming from the Tranq in the first breath.(The other DDs can easily take care of the adds, so i might as well shorten the fight)

While HT isn't a spell i would otherwise use, getting 3M crits is always funny.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyous View Post
    The 90sec NV CD isn't disastrous, just a little annoying. Given Proc Trinkets, it might turn out to be a DPS gain or at least be up to par.
    The change to NV will NEVER be a dps increase. It will reduce the RNG with crits/procs since it's spread over 1 min instead of 30 sec, but assuming that you use it whenever you are gonna be doing the most damage, which only happens every 3 min. (INC+CA) it will never be a dps increase. Even if you had a fight like Spine where you have a burn phase every 1.5 min. you would still do more damage in total having all the bonus damage on the first use.

As for the healing done by HotW and NV it will usually always change depending on the boss encounter and how tight the dps requirement is. Damage modifiers will always favour NV healing, while bosses with phases were damage it effectively "capped" (Empress add phase and Tsulong Day phase) favours HotW, since you can go full time healer for the duration.