Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Yet you have Rift pvp'rs bitching left and right about Rift not having a Arena system. MMO pvp is the single worst thing ever introduced to the genre. It has created an endless headache for every single dev that has ever tried to cater to that playerbase.

Pvp damage is fucked at lowbie levels because trials players play for free and never pass 20, so they can gear out twinks. Then take lvl 60's probably mentoring down to lbl 15 or 19 to go into war fronts.
    you cant mentor in warfronts because you keep all of your abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Nykolas View Post
    you cant mentor in warfronts because you keep all of your abilities.
    It would still be better. Not perfect, but better.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    It would still be better. Not perfect, but better.
    Not at all, I could easily solo win a 10-19 Warfront as Dominator if I mentored down on my Mage, that would make the battle of the 'twinks' even worse :/

Quote Originally Posted by Seatin View Post
    Not at all, I could easily solo win a 10-19 Warfront as Dominator if I mentored down on my Mage, that would make the battle of the 'twinks' even worse :/
    I misread that.

I thought he was saying that the 19-10 bracket should be mentored down to 10, the 20-29 down to 20, ect ect ect.

*The dangers of 7 am posting
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seatin View Post
    I mean I absolutely loathe this game now, but using SWTOR's method of scaling everyone to the max of a grouping works fairly well. Then the only dominating factor is the amount of abilities available to you and how you use them. It's the most balanced lower level PvP I've ever seen frankly.

You have never played SWTor. A guy with lvl 40+ abilities can easily win against a few lvl 20>. SWTor's system is by far one of the worst.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teabaker View Post
    You have never played SWTor. A guy with lvl 40+ abilities can easily win against a few lvl 20>. SWTor's system is by far one of the worst.
    You have to be one of the most ignorant people I've ever seen post here. And I don't mean that as an insult. I mean you literally don't know what you are talking about. Did your magic ball tell you I've never played SWTOR? I guess it doesn't have access to my post history.

Pity too. Outcome is cloudy.

*seriously. I forgot a word.

And no, I mean, you are posting stuff which has nothing to do with the topic. You start with SWTor and say something completely wrong. Why did you even start with SWTor? Why did you start with "PvP worst thing ever in MMOs"?

If you would at least post true stuff and not something completely untrue like "SWTor had best lowlvl warzone system" -_- SWTor had by far the worst lowlvl-warzone system ever. You can seriously play PvP until you have the core talents, it may be lvl 20 for some classes or 40+ for others.

Deleted
    who expects balance at low levels in an mmo? if you have any experience in an mmo you should know there isn't

Sorry to bump an old thread, but it's better than making a new one.

I got rift roughly two weeks ago. I'm a level 49 rogue. I spent from 40-48 doing nothing but IA's, closing rifts, and doing zone events. My gear is really good, I have all the rare planar gear possible. I figured it would be a productive way to level. My damage is insane, I always top the charts by a large margin. While I do agree I have an unfair advantage and all that (and I know the "So you have to roll over noobs to have fun" comments are coming, and that is simply not true. I like to be geared well for everything I do), there is one thing I have noticed in particular.

Healers are the same as they are in WoW.

They never run out of mana, and even a healer 8 levels lower than me can stay alive indefinitely no matter what I do. I have even turned Riftmeter on just to see how much damage I can dish out, and over a period of 20~ seconds I can stay at about 850~ DPS. That is enough to kill a level 40 healer in 5 GCD's. I can't. It simply isn't possible. Even if I silence them for 5 seconds and burst with everything I have, I usually get them to about 10% then they instantly go back to 100%.

And they never run out of mana. Ever. I said that, but I figured I'd say it again.

Ungh. I thought I could get away from this. It's probably going to be worse at level 60.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll go ahead and toss this in. I believe this ranges levels 55-59, but here I am seen at he illustrious level of 58 PVPing in Codex. As you can see, people are killing each other in more than 3 GCDs. :P

---------- Post added 2013-01-06 at 04:09 PM ----------

Woops, forgot to add in my video:

"A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water