Protectors Trouble

Hey guys, my guild is on protectors and having a little bit of a hard time. We tried 3 healing it from the beginning, and hit the enrage timer with Kao at 40% or so. We can get to phase 3 pretty easily, but at that point, we just get blown up. Any ideas to help out? Logs are below:

Seems like most of our dps is a little low to me, any tips would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/9...ses&boss=60583

looks like you're 3 tanking it? u can solo tank it

yea we are two tanking it. The tanks think that they would take too much damage if we 1 tank it.....is this not true?

Deleted
    I don't see how two tanks would result in much lower damage taken, unless they're pingponging the bosses around (lol). The tank damage is really not high, especially with 3 healers.

thanks for the quick replies guys. We'll give it a shot and see what happens!

You won't easily be able to reset Kaolan's debuff stacking on the tank with just one, won't that be problematic?

We 3 healed, 2 tanked it both kills, enrage is close but we managed it both times. I also think it can easily be 2 healed.

Deleted
    you can 1 tank 2 heal this on heroic so i think you should try with that on normal

We 2 heal, 2 tank it. You can solo tank it too. Save lust for the final dude. Seeing as you've gotten past the much harder Empress and Amber Shaper to get here, you should really surpass the healing and dps requirements with flying colors if everyone is doing their job and not dying in p2, which is the only somewhat hard phase because of the lightning storm that people may like to stand in and then get one shot from. We have everyone stack up near the middle for p2 and p3 where the add spawns so people can get the haste buff from it without having to move. Your overall dps will be more than enough when you drop a healer and a tank or two.
    Last edited by PBitt; 2012-12-22 at 09:49 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vedni View Post
    You won't easily be able to reset Kaolan's debuff stacking on the tank with just one, won't that be problematic?
    They have a warrior tank, timer for the void zone does not vary can just pop a shield barrier (+ CDs) should it start to become problematic towards the end.

The first void zone isn't on a timer but the rest are so you can move out of them without taking a tick. We solo tank it with no issues. Our average ilvl is probably 492 for reference. We do three heal. Here's a video of how we did it with that strategy. Hope it helps bud. Feel free to hit me up in game with any follow up questions, I don't mind. Frontallobe Mal'ganis.

Being generally horrible but helpful since Molten Core;
    When leading was more about managing bathroom breaks than boss mechanics.
    http://www.ihazlead.com - Raid leading guides, tutorials, and videos.

Deleted
    Since you are finishing with Kaolan you are obviously attempting elite-mode and therefor you should start with killing Regail first and eliminate the chance of getting lightning storm.

When we do this we have our offtank (usually me) tanking Kaolan, I'm just doing enough threat to maintain aggro on him and try to position him out of meleerange of the other tank but still make sure I can switch target to Regail to nuke him as much as possible. The tank DPS wont cover 40% of Kaolans hp but it will help you some. The rest is just for you guys to optimize the DPS. Going down to two healers is probably possible but will be very hard on your healers.

Make sure evryone benefits from the haste from corrupted waters, and is your tank dragging the boss out of their heals properly?

Browsing through your logs showed that the bosses took several (between 3-8) ticks from Cleansing waters, which heals for 5% of HP every tick. If you let those add up too much you will find yourself short on the enrage. Other than that make sure evryonei s doing their optimal singletarget rotation on the correct guy.

I think you benefit most from hero on pull due to prepots and CD lineups, you dont really need it on last phase unless you tend to run out of space and it also has some downtime for melee when they run out of Corruption...

Happy DPS-racing!

Deleted
    Its a matter of skill from your players. From your WoL it seems like you are three tanking it? Roll with two tanks and you should be fine.
    Your shadow priest got 84% uptime on shadow word pain and 77% on vp. thats crap.
    discpriest just dps the whole encounter and just use spiritshell when up.
    rest is a matter of your dps shaping up.
    (we three heal + 2 tank it, and we beat the enrage by one min)
    i pulled 49k dps as disc priest with 50k hps.

we actually tried this again using a mixture of ideas. We 1 tanked the majority of it (druid went in kitty) except phase 2 when we had the ice chick up. We had the druid switch to bear and tank her in the spot since we were kind of melee heavy.

I actually talked to the priest about that same thing before you said anything Moribin. He went from doing 59404.8 dps to 77k our closest attempt. Big improvements there.

We brought in some of our lower geared people to try this out (470 monk/rogue) that did 50-60k dps a piece. We wiped at 10% Next week when we have our hunter back, this should be a cakewalk for us. Thanks everyone!