New war effort = bad ?

Ok so I really hope that I am reading this wrong, but having a war effort and "the Isle of the Thunder King will be unlocked progressively by each realm based on participation in the war effort", does that mean PvE progression will actually be based on realm activity?

so you could have a top10 guild that gets screwed because the realm is bad, thus forcing them to pay for transfers? Sounds horrible...

2 optional raid bosses, that probably give sub-par raid gear then what you could get from actually raiding.

Real raiders wont be hurt, daily players or less hardcore players will get something eventually. It worked kinda ok with Tol Barad and Wintergrasp, so I don't see much issue. Besides many people wanted something like AQ gates opening again, so here you go, something along those lines just for you, except this time only your faction will have to do stuff, not the entire server, the only people to get really screwed are the low population realms where your faction is in a severe minority.

It will likely not affect raid access and rather be like the Isle of Quel'Danas with the whole faction unlocking parts together. I think that the only question worth asking regarding this is whether any of the unlockable content will provide beneficial enough rewards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uzi View Post
    I think it's more like Quel'Danas.
    I'm going with this
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

10+ Year Old Account
    They did this with the Opening of the Scarab Gate, too, and it was actually fun to take part in.

On our server (US-Alleria), the higher end guilds (Risen, etc) were paying lower level toons to help farm cloth and other items, so everyone got involved.

i'd like to have suck an event again
    thats funny, helful for the entire server and it's better than the "normal" dailys.
    so i hope blizz will put it in an event like aq or with sunwell

The Sunwell isle was pretty fun, people had tracking websites set up and whatnot.

My bet is that the rate of unlocking things will be capped, and getting to that cap won't be that hard :P The AQ gates and Sunwell stuff had low pop servers way behind everyone else, and nowadays you can't offend ANYONE by locking the smallest of content out for more than just a few minutes.

It's like quel'danas but factionbased instead of neutral. In short the better your faction does the faster you get more stuff to your base. But the Isle is not the raid.