Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Baby mice wine - would you drink this?

There are pictures at the link, check them out too. Just not after or during eating.
    So this seems to be a drink in China and some parts of Korea, it is supposed to heal some diseases, would you drink it to find out if it's true?

http://www.junch.com/baby-mice-wine/

"Baby what, wine, eh?

Yes indeedy, baby mice wine. It’s wine with, well, baby mice in it.

Found in China, this deliciousness is believed to be a cure-all health tonic. It is believed it can cure anything from asthma to liver disease.

Baby mice wine isn’t just baby mouse flavoured, or have one baby mouse inside. Oh no, it has a whole pile of baby mice, only a few days old, floating around at the bottom of the bottle. Nasty huh? Well it gets worse – the baby mice are plucked from their mother’s teet, placed in the bottle alive and drowned. Perhaps that improves the flavour?

One thing I haven’t clarified is whether the mice in baby mice wine are eaten/drunk along with the wine, or just filtered out. Surely if they are the source of the ‘goodness’, they should be crunched upon and ingested along with the wine.

I’m sure many of us have eaten the worm at the bottom of a tequila bottle but how many of us could stomach a mouth full of baby mice?

Baby Mice Wine Update: The well travelled folk who comment on articles here at Junch have informed us that they have seen this fine delicacy in china and once the wine is consumed you are supposed to indeed eat the baby mice.

There are other similar products to baby mice wine including cobra wine and others, but perhaps we should keep them for another article."

My grandparents used to make wine with snakes, spiders (or maybe it was some other equally disgusting dead stuff) etc in it. But baby mice sounds far more horrid :S

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah . . . no thanks.
    Putin khuliyo

These kinds of alternative "medicine" needs to drink some paint and die...
    Already made the rhino an endangered species...

When I was a small kid..I used own baby mice or fancy mice as they call them. So no. I normally wouldn't eat anything from an animal that you wouldn't find at a local fast food place. Mice Wine? and Snake Stuff..No thanks..

Deleted
    No! the poor little baby mice
    Now a wine made of cute kittens, that is something I would consume!

Don't judge, you eat baby pigs,cows,chickens,sheep to you monster!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    These kinds of alternative "medicine" needs to drink some paint and die...
    Already made the rhino an endangered species...
    Yeah, it doesn't help when it comes to stuff like that.

Plus, on top of being largely junk-medicine, its just a gross and deliberately debauched concept, in my opinion. I feel like, as humans, our ethics (note: I did not say morality) should have moved passed finding it acceptable to cause suffering to any animals in their infantile state. To me, something just feels aesthetically displeasing about the prospect of causing suffering to the 'young', regardless of species.
    Something particular not-cool about snuffing out a life when its just begun, just for personal luxury. I think that's pretty disgusting. Just like that 'delicacy' of eating foetal ducks. *shudder*

I'm a vegetarian anyway, so the prospect of killing anything just cos its tasty is not my bag, but eating the young just sounds like something some douche-bag giant in a kids' fairy tail would do. =I
    Last edited by mmocf558c230a5; 2012-12-22 at 03:00 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baiyn View Post
    I'm a vegetarian anyway, so the prospect of killing anything just cos its tasty is not my bag, but eating the young just sounds like something some douche-bag giant in a kids' fairy tail would do. =I
    Well technicly plants and fungi are life to, do live of salt and mineral water? Oo

just kidding ofcoarse, vegetarians are good for the climate, since they don't produce cowfarts! But I like my meat, humans are omnivores and predatores, its in our nature, it made us intelligent/sentient beings

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    Well technicly plants and fungi are life to, do live of salt and mineral water? Oo

just kidding ofcoarse, vegetarians are good for the climate, since they don't produce cowfarts! But I like my meat, humans are omnivores and predatores, its in our nature, it made us intelligent/sentient beings
    Hehe! I do keep my fingers crossed hoping that they never find that plants 'feel' pain or whatever.

Well, I'm not completely innocent on that front. I still consume dairy, despite being aware of a large amount of mistreatment of the cows in production and the fact that every male dairy calf born is pretty much auto-veal. But, my diet is too lacking and generally bad to give it up. Maybe when soy stuff gets better and the range of faux-dairy products is better I can go full vegan. Simply cannot give up milk chocolate before then! xD In the meantime though, I have no illusions about being much more eco-friendly than the omni crowd.

Not kosher, if you ask me

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baiyn View Post
    Hehe! I do keep my fingers crossed hoping that they never find that plants 'feel' pain or whatever.
    Well, I'm not 100% sure, but I think sience has discovered that plants do feel some sort of pain, just a different kind of pain.
    Tree's are just as aware of there enviroment as you, but in there own, slow growing way

10+ Year Old Account
    Alternative medicine, also known as the placebo effect. If it worked it would be called medicine.

Pseudo-medicines are a great way to dupe uninformed and/or gullible people out of lots of money, sometimes with the added bonus of killing off a couple of animals for no reason.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    Well, I'm not 100% sure, but I think sience has discovered that plants do feel some sort of pain, just a different kind of pain.
    Tree's are just as aware of there enviroment as you, but in there own, slow growing way
    Yeah, it's still very vague. As is the definition of pain, though. Like, when do we draw the line between an instinctive retraction away from danger and genuine emotional and physical suffering? Insects apparently don't have a brain, but some kind of central nervous system, so in theory, they are presumably not sentient in any sense. Maybe sentience and some form of awareness is required before 'pain' can be labelled as suffering? (That's what I'm hoping really.)

lol very nice
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

I would not drink it but unfortunately most of my family probably would. Asians and everything.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

15+ Year Old Account
    There is some kind of tea from China that is made from young virgin boy piss. Apparantly it cures all diseases too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Imbashiethz View Post
    There is some kind of tea from China that is made from young virgin boy piss. Apparantly it cures all diseases too.
    Thats true! I've been drinking my own p... Erhm I mean piss from a virgin I know, and I've never been sick!

That sounds so gross. I would throw up.

Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    My grandparents used to make wine with snakes, spiders (or maybe it was some other equally disgusting dead stuff) etc in it. But baby mice sounds far more horrid :S
    Whatever floats their boat I suppose, not sure I can even stomach the idea of snakes spiders or mice in my wine though :3

Nope. No thank you. I'll pass.