1. #1

    Could a fellow warlock please bring this to

    the wow forums. I was banned a long time ago for letting my emotions get the better of me.

    Anyway, when you glyph for extended doom and corruption which lets you take corruption to 40 seconds and doom to 2min +, fel flame isn't seeing the glyph and will reset a 40 second corruption to 26 seconds. Makes it hard to use fel flame in good faith.

    If you could take this to the bug forums I'd be in your debt.

  2. #2
    Best to use the ingame bug report feature, it's there for a reason. Ingame reports are easier for Blizz to handle then official forums anyway.
    Your Soul Shall Suffer! ||| Forum rules ||| New England Patriots

  3. #3
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Canterbury
    Posts
    601
    and second best is dont use that glyph its terrible

  4. #4
    Fluffy Kitten Zinnin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,268
    Quote Originally Posted by Viggers View Post
    and second best is dont use that glyph its terrible
    Basically this, I highly doubt blizz is going to put resources into making sure a glyph that no one uses it working correctly.

  5. #5
    The class has 3 main spec's with a handful of different utility tools letting each spec play in a few different ways. It works out to near 7 different warlock play styles I can think off the top of my head. Unless you use your warlock for every single element of the game than I would suggest you reason every glyph has purpose, some you may never understand.

  6. #6
    It has nothing to do with playing different specs and whatnot, the glyph is plain useless right now. You are lowering the damage that the dots does to increase the duration of the dot. Lowering the damage of it is far more crippling than recasting it more often.
    Awesome Sig of Awesome courtesy of Shyama | Warlock Soloing & Progress
    Pokemon X FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Steel safari with Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

  7. #7
    It does more than damage.

  8. #8
    Bloodsail Admiral Chrispotter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,219
    Quote Originally Posted by God8010 View Post
    It does more than damage.
    Im assuming your a normal mode/lfr raider?
    NP keep using whatever glyphs you feel like man and your 'play styles'.

    When you get onto heroic content (Before the nerfs, tho unlikely, so if you get to them once they are nerfed you are probably fine to keep playing badly), you will understand the glyph is retarded and it makes 0 sense to use it. Its a dps loss in 99.9999% of situations. And there is no boss fight where the 00.00000001% situation occurs so your all good.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    Im assuming your a normal mode/lfr raider?
    NP keep using whatever glyphs you feel like man and your 'play styles'.

    When you get onto heroic content (Before the nerfs, tho unlikely, so if you get to them once they are nerfed you are probably fine to keep playing badly), you will understand the glyph is retarded and it makes 0 sense to use it. Its a dps loss in 99.9999% of situations. And there is no boss fight where the 00.00000001% situation occurs so your all good.
    The point to the glyph is not dps. Its to generate more fury for demo in pvp and it does it quite well. Outside of that specific scenario it sucks, true enough. But it gets killed if there's too many dispells available though (which I haven't seen be a problem myself yet).

  10. #10
    Didn't you know? Unless you copy someone elses spec you dont know what you're doing but if you go against the grain you're a baddie.

    These boys forgot how to have fun a long time ago.

    the fury, the procs, the heals in a land with cd's on dispels.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by God8010 View Post
    Didn't you know? Unless you copy someone elses spec you dont know what you're doing but if you go against the grain you're a baddie.

    These boys forgot how to have fun a long time ago.

    the fury, the procs, the heals in a land with cd's on dispels.
    Getting maximum DPS out of a class is fun. To that extent, people have theorycrafted and simmed out rotations, glyphs and talents for maximum DPS. Don't tell other people how to have fun and don't argue against measured and proven DPS information without bringing something solid to the table. Hopefully they'll return the favor.

    You certainly won't be making friends here by arguing with honest and sound advice, however unsolicited it may be. Use the in-game bug reporting tool.

  12. #12
    I have used the in-game bug report tool now. I got the information from the second poster who was very friendly with the matter. Next two people come in and tell me how bad the glyph is and there is no point to fixing it while assuming I seek the same things they did. I then explain it does more than damage (which really is kinda a joke for damage even without the glyph.) At which point more assumptions are made and slandering titles are thrown at me because I dared to use something "pro pve'ers" force everyone else to believe is worthless. I use the word "force" very carefully because you play a verbal bully and think commanding phrases and insults = being right.

    At which point here we are. A wasted thread past the first two posts demonstrating the low points in humanity. Only thing different is I refuse to get bothered by the blind self-righteous hate. I only question if you know how you sound when you speak.

    If these are the friends you speak of, I require higher quality friends like the ones I already have.

  13. #13
    Scarab Lord nightfalls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    4,318
    Quote Originally Posted by CodeConqueror View Post
    The point to the glyph is not dps. Its to generate more fury for demo in pvp and it does it quite well. Outside of that specific scenario it sucks, true enough. But it gets killed if there's too many dispells available though (which I haven't seen be a problem myself yet).
    Not really sure how useful it would be for that in PvP, just because corruption doesn't cost fury to maintain, and doom is a 1 minute length which would mean you would only get more fury if your doom were not dispelled in that entire minute, which I can't see happening.

    Other than that I fail to see how it generates more fury/sec, only if you lose a recast every minute.

    Quote Originally Posted by God8010 View Post
    Next two people come in and tell me how bad the glyph is and there is no point to fixing it while assuming I seek the same things they did. I then explain it does more than damage (which really is kinda a joke for damage even without the glyph.) At which point more assumptions are made and slandering titles are thrown at me because I dared to use something "pro pve'ers" force everyone else to believe is worthless. I use the word "force" very carefully because you play a verbal bully and think commanding phrases and insults = being right.

    At which point here we are. A wasted thread past the first two posts demonstrating the low points in humanity. Only thing different is I refuse to get bothered by the blind self-righteous hate. I only question if you know how you sound when you speak.

    If these are the friends you speak of, I require higher quality friends like the ones I already have.
    Quote Originally Posted by God8010 View Post
    I was banned a long time ago for letting my emotions get the better of me.
    Hmm, I do have to laugh at the irony.
    Last edited by nightfalls; 2012-12-24 at 02:30 AM.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    Other than that I fail to see how it generates more fury/sec,

    Hmm, I do have to laugh at the irony.
    I just hope the problem is fixed soon and I kinda have to agree with you.

  15. #15
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Canterbury
    Posts
    601
    well.. my little joke seemed to spark something :s

  16. #16
    I am not sure right now, if the glyph works for immolate, but if it does, I can imagine it would be quite usefull there to keep an as long as possible lasting dot on the target which is modified by Crit and Haste mods to increase Ember generation over time.

    Should try that out once, I guess.

  17. #17
    Scarab Lord nightfalls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    4,318
    Quote Originally Posted by God8010 View Post
    I just hope the problem is fixed soon and I kinda have to agree with you.
    Oh I agree, but I'd rather the glyph just be redesigned to something that isn't as fail. Still situation based (so it's not required), but not a failure. I'm not a big fan of glyphs that give negative benefits but make the rotation easier (read: simplicity tax), but I would rather have glyphs all provide non-performance benefits (or that modify abilities to fit situations, like Glyph of Carrion Swarm), and have them "compete" based on that.

    I shouldn't have to take a glyph that gives negative or no benefit, all glyphs should have positive benefits that just compete against one another.


    And Glyph of Immolate does not give more ember generation over time, since you can simply refresh your Immolate for same embers/time (minus the one incinerate cast), and for PvP your Immolate will be dispelled probably more than once every 10 secs (8 second CD) anyway.

    While there is still a CD on dispel, the dispels are blanket dispels now, so you can assume you'll be dispelled almost (not exactly) on CD.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •