Page 1 of 6
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Cool Man Bags/Man purse

    I just bought 3 man purses for myself because I carry a lot of crap when I go out the house (list Bellow. Do you all think it's something wrong with a guy wearing a man bag? by the way i'm a straight male.

    Here is photos of the bags I bought.

    http://www.modernmanbags.com/foshan-...-shoulder-bag/

    http://www.modernmanbags.com/virginl...hel-khaki-tan/

    http://www.amazon.com/Rothco-Venture...=cm_cr_pr_pb_t

    Stuff I cary:.

    PSP and charger
    droid and charger
    pen and paper
    brush
    keys and wallet
    gum
    camera
    Last edited by Dydric; 2012-12-23 at 05:15 PM.

  2. #2
    The Lightbringer shise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Spaniard in Copenhagen
    Posts
    3,667
    I only opened the third link as I don't know the other two.

    Looks great, but I don't get your point. I see a lot of men using bags, it's quite normal. If you need to carry many things with you you might not want to get them on your hands!

    I personally don't carry too many things. My wallet, phone and keys (carpet also when I'm going to the uni).
    I am unfriendly with bags and so, I barely get used to my wallet on my pocket! But that's because I don't like to carry many stuff on me unless it's for some reason

    Nice choice tho, I like the last bag.

  3. #3
    Depends on the bag really. I find these a bit too much.

    But the ones you linked look fine

  4. #4
    The Lightbringer JfmC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Antwerp City
    Posts
    3,333
    Well the fact that its called a man purse is enough for me to not have one, I'll stick with a rugsack.

    But I'm no hater, I don't judge! (I'll just laugh in my fist when you don't look)

  5. #5
    The purses people wear over here are wel.. not that cool

    mostly like this
    mostly worn by fake-ass glimmering earring kid's.


    oh and me? i only wear backpacks as a motorcyclist
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

  6. #6
    I usually carry a drawstring bag (like this) for all that stuff, but those would be more organized and you shouldn't feel uncomfortable wearing those if you like them better. Might get a few judgmental looks here and there but oh well.

  7. #7
    Moderator Shamanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Cardiff, Wales
    Posts
    10,268
    I don't get at all why it would be wrong.

    You linked 3 fairly neutrally coloured and designed practical bags, you carry a lot of stuff, you need something to carry it in. If someone thinks that there's a problem with you being a straight guy who carries his stuff in a bag then they are the ones with the problem, not you. The days of men being limited to either carrying a briefcase or a rucksack are gone, there are plenty of stylish and practical options in between.
    Moderator of Professions | General Discussion | Diablo 3 | Guild Wars 2
    Please take the time to read the Forum Guidelines & Sig Guidelines

    Currently playing: Wildstar | Elder Scrolls Online | Diablo 3 | LoL | Hex TCG
    Steam | Twitter

  8. #8
    IT'S CALLED A SATCHEL!!!

    On-topic, the ones you linked are perfectly fine. You shouldn't feel any less manly for carrying them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tablemaker
    Yeah. It's funny how they reverse the whole thing. The fact of the matter is... if a customer created a scene in real life like they are in the forums, they would be removed from the store. No ifs, ands or buts about it.

    Example: GC works at McDonalds. Some idiots walks up to the counter and asks for a Whopper. GC tells him they do not sell Whoppers. The idiot flips a nut. Calls GC off and throws straws at him. GC asks him to leave.

  9. #9
    Bloodsail Admiral hiragana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    South Yorkshire
    Posts
    1,193
    lol at the website in that first link, they arent really doing a great job if they want to sell to straight men. In any case a shoulder bag/satchel or whatever is normal these days. Most people would just assume your a student or teacher/other professional.

  10. #10
    Legendary! Spl4sh3r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    6,632
    I rather carry around a school bag, they are very easy especially without a laptop in them ;P

  11. #11
    High Overlord 2s2p's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    157
    Quote Originally Posted by hiragana View Post
    lol at the website in that first link, they arent really doing a great job if they want to sell to straight men. In any case a shoulder bag/satchel or whatever is normal these days. Most people would just assume your a student or teacher/other professional.
    Lol thats what I thought when I saw the first link, got a naked dude at the top with his man purse covering his junk.

    But ya if you need to carry all those things then who cares what people think, bags you linked are not girly at all. Though personally, I never need to carry all that around. Id just leave the chargers and things in my car if I need them with me otherwise just stay at the house. Wallet, keys and phone can easily fit in my pockets.

  12. #12
    It's fine, but why did you get 3?
    My Cracked articles, writing blog, and Twitter.

    The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

    Want to chat with people who aren't idiots? Join our IRC.

  13. #13
    Titan Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    13,095
    I don't get the point of this topic... I thought you were asking which bag you should get, but since you got them... I don't know the point of this topic lol.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    I don't get the point of this topic... I thought you were asking which bag you should get, but since you got them... I don't know the point of this topic lol.
    Embrace it; everything that isn't another "omg guns" thread is fine by me. Never seen a forum so obsessed with guns.
    My Cracked articles, writing blog, and Twitter.

    The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

    Want to chat with people who aren't idiots? Join our IRC.

  15. #15
    The Insane Cattaclysmic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Århus
    Posts
    17,804
    "MY MAN PURSE!"
    - Joey

  16. #16
    Titan Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    13,095
    I read the OP... "is it wrong."... :sigh: the world we live in when such a question needs to be asked...

  17. #17
    If you feel the need to say man purse, you aren't manly enough to wear a purse.

    Don't be ashamed for what you wear.

  18. #18
    Bloodsail Admiral sugarlily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Sunny South Carolina
    Posts
    1,018
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    "MY MAN PURSE!"
    - Joey
    damnit..beat me to it! ^^

    OT; They all look rather nice to me for guys! (from a woman's POV)

  19. #19
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    4,629
    It's not wrong, of course not, no.

    The question is this: why would a man carry anything other than a wallet, keys and cell? Wallet back pocket, keys front pocket, cell front pocket or holder.

    Why carry a bag?
    've is short for have. C/Sh/Would've or c/sh/would have. Not c/sh/would of.

  20. #20
    The Insane Cattaclysmic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Århus
    Posts
    17,804
    Quote Originally Posted by sugarlily View Post
    damnit..beat me to it! ^^

    OT; They all look rather nice to me for guys! (from a woman's POV)
    Well in that case...

    How you doin'

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •