Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    When they start designing backpacks as nice as say...a Coach clutch, we'll talk. :P
    See, comments like that leave me confused regarding this topic.

Guys don't want to seem "girly" when they wear a purse (you can call a pig a horse all you want, it's still a pig), but then someone puts out a comment like yours.

You can't have it both ways.

Who carries a briefcase to a restaurant or bar?
    People that work at an office and men that don't want to wear a purse?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikaru View Post
    See, comments like that leave me confused regarding this topic.

Guys don't want to seem "girly" when they wear a purse (you can call a pig a horse all you want, it's still a pig), but then someone puts out a comment like yours.

You can't have it both ways.
    It was a joke.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Kolo View Post
    Couldn't you get a briefcase and avoid any question of your "manliness"?
    The real question is, "Why are you so insecure about your "manliness" that you feel that others will question it and why such thing even bothers you"

Deleted
    Who carries a briefcase to a restaurant or bar?
    THe same guy who brings a queer purse to a restaurant? A carrying bag is fine, what the Op linked are borderline female purses.

Quote Originally Posted by lollze View Post
    what the Op linked are borderline female purses.
    The second one at best, the first and the last dont look female at all.

I usually prefer backpacks, but i dig the man purse from amazon (3rd link), however can't see myself buying one cuz im pretty minimalist when it comes to carrying stuff on myself. I only carry a phone, wallet, 4 inch folding knife (for protection or as a tool), lighter, pen light (whenever i don't lose it) and the occasional pot small paraphernalia,

Think about this, if given the choice of a fanny pack or the 3rd link man purse. i'd rather the purse because you'd get laughed at for wearing a fanny pack

1) there's a lot of bronys in this thread. Some guys have so much self respect and confidence they can pull off man purses, if you're a brony you cannot, sorry you're on the same level as a pre teen girl

2) I don't bring a quarter of that shit with me to big trips let alone every day outings

3) if you need to ask if it's okay to where a man purse you obv don't have enough confidence to wear a man purse

10+ Year Old Account
    Weird, better solution: Cargo pants.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you can't fit all your things in your pockets or on your belt get something like a backpack. When i don't know where i'm going to sleep that night i carry a drawstring bag.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you want a purse, go get a woman's purse. If you want a shoulder sling bag, a backpack, a carry bag, or any other kind of bag, get one of those. The distinction between a purse and a man purse is non existent, and anyone trying to sell one is taking you and your wallet for a ride. What the OP linked are just simple shoulder sling bags.

Personally, if I'm wearing a nice suit I'll use a briefcase. Anything less than a nice suit and I use my Swiss Army backpack ( http://www.buy.com/prod/synergy-15-6.../10393071.html ). It's sturdy, practical, holds a lot of stuff and I've had it for a very long time and have trekked with it across Argentina and the rocky mountains/midwest/Appalachians.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Back packs and Satchels are pretty normal. Bags with the REALLY short handles that you either carry by hand, on your elbow, or over your shoulder, so it's tucked under your armpit, those are awkward looking. But hey, I don't judge people for what they wear.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're feeling a little self-conscious about it, perhaps it's not the fact that you're carrying a murse, but the fact that you bought three of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as the bag is functional and neutral in effect and most importantly comfortable, then I don't see a problem with it, some of those examples I've seen look a bit to fidgety, the way I see it is if you spend more time rearranging the position of the bag and it's contents, it's not worth your time. It's meant to serve a purpose in my opinion and if it does that without getting in the way, then it's worth it.
    HOOKED ON DIABLOL, GOOD TIMES ARE BEING HAD

Deleted
    Why not just have one of the slimmer record bags?

15+ Year Old Account
    They look all quite ok, though I wouldn´t wear them. I only ever leave the house with my wallet/phone/keys and if I'm going to school add my laptop in a laptopbag with charger/mouse and the book(s) I need for class.
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)

hmm thats a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Delijica View Post
    IT'S CALLED A SATCHEL!!!
    This is what I came to post.

Seriously though, if it serves the function you require then there is absolutely nothing wrong with carrying a satchel.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurioxan View Post
    Depends on your lifestyle... you depend a lot on your car.
    For example I hardly ever use one unless I need to carry bulk, love to walk and hike, catching a bus or biking to further destinations, both cheaper and one is more relaxing, the other more fun.

Sooo not relying on the car does put me (and others) in need for more storage space, such as a bag.
    Besides even if I were to use a car, im sure i would move far away from it many times, I prefer to have the stuff with me instead.
    Agree with you in parts, and disagree in others ;
    No real need to carry a charger unless you are going to be out long enough for you to kill the battery and then be in a situation to recharge it, best keeping is charged before you go out.

Keys and Wallets belong in pockets, as I see it. You can have a 'manbag' if needed to carry bulk or a specific item but keys and wallets belong in pockets.

With regards to the bag it depends on the size of the bag and of any strap on it. To small a bag and you may as well use trouser pockets and jacket pockets.

Deleted
    Personally I don't really like wearing bags, I prefer using my jackets pocket for the stuff. But I don't see any issue with other doing it. And if I were to use one it would be just a backpack for when I need it.