5.2 Shaman Buffs! Santa came early! (Video discussion included)

So god damn happy about the shaman buffs, particularly since im a pvp ele/enh shaman.
    So pleased ele is getting fixed from its horrible current state, patch notes as a whole look very promising.

I made a short video discussing them i would love it if you checked it out and let me know what you think about the changes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0fnWL8-3bw

What does everyone think? Whats your favourite change?

Mine personally is shamanistic rage being available to elemental, such a good change.

Merry Christmas from OctohoofTV!
    Last edited by Octohoof; 2012-12-22 at 07:36 PM.

Just from what we see right now it looks like enhance will now either have to add in ele blast to our rotation or take the slight nerf to unleash fury. Also the extra uptime of ele mastery could make it better than echo. I'll wait to see the numbers but for now no cool stuff for enhance.

Hmm its only very slight, 10% on probably 3 lightning bolts that youd get off in the 10 seconds, vs ele blast will be interesting choice. PVP wise i think unleashed fury will still be king for enhance though.

And yeah ele mastery change is amazing cant wait to try it on the ptr

I never bothered to check before but can blast use maelstrom or would enhance have to hard cast it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Shamanistic rage is now class wide? That's a buff? Wtf? Why not just go the extra yard and make all abilities class wide... Shamanistic rage made enh shamans unique... especially when when you had the glyph so that you could use it to get out of magical effects... when fighting a mage and you're quickly frost ringed, you don't have to worry or pop your pvp trink, you pop SR and you're back on the target... ele wouldn't really care so much since they can just run and cast at the same time... enh has a deeper need for it, instead of ele. It's not even like ele was in a bad state... I know plenty of people who are high rated as ele shams in 5s who just blow people up.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Shamanistic rage is now class wide? That's a buff? Wtf? Why not just go the extra yard and make all abilities class wide... Shamanistic rage made enh shamans unique...
    You mean like Elemental Mastery was for Elementals?

enh has a deeper need for it, instead of ele. It's not even like ele was in a bad state... I know plenty of people who are high rated as ele shams in 5s who just blow people up.
    Thats your opinion. There are plenty of people out there who feel the exact opposite and it would seem Blizzard agrees.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shamanistic rage is now class wide? That's a buff? Wtf? Why not just go the extra yard and make all abilities class wide... Shamanistic rage made enh shamans unique... especially when when you had the glyph so that you could use it to get out of magical effects... when fighting a mage and you're quickly frost ringed, you don't have to worry or pop your pvp trink, you pop SR and you're back on the target... ele wouldn't really care so much since they can just run and cast at the same time... enh has a deeper need for it, instead of ele. It's not even like ele was in a bad state... I know plenty of people who are high rated as ele shams in 5s who just blow people up.
    Sorry but you are talking complete nonsense:

- elemental shamans are one (if not the) the worst pvp specs atm on live
    - what should you care if ele gets an ability from enhance that makes ele viable? it doesn't affect enhance whatsoever.

1) @ crackerjack: enh/ele =/= class-wide. They excluded resto from the deal which imo is a damn good call. Plus ele is at the bottom of the pvp barrel anyway, so you likely wont be actually affected by it much. Also SR isn't really unique either. Reduced damage taken? Not unique. Removed magical effects(glyph)? Not unique either.
    2) drebbin: afaik, EB works with msw. As octo said though, it'll be likely for enh to still prefer UF in pvp though, because of low mobility forcing the fb sprint, plus using EB means less selfheal, and many shamans hold off msw for critical hexes also

While it is nice to actually get changes to the class once in a while that are NOT totally discouraging, I wont be fooled into thinking pvp as shaman dps to be fixed now. 3/4 of the changes were made to dps talents.
    Enh still lacks mobility, ele still lacks kiting. At least the latter ones now have some extra survivability, but I think this change was blizzard's "now we're even" call for crapping on totems, so there's to fear nothing more in terms of pvp getting better. Plus the nerf to the glyph... I am not sure the glyph will even be worth it still (what if you have to dispell three spells quickly? does that happen often?)

Imo it's better than anything we've got during the last couple of months, though it's kinda ironic it had to be christmas for us to hear something positive for once
    Last edited by Omanley; 2012-12-22 at 05:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Shamanistic rage is now class wide? That's a buff? Wtf? Why not just go the extra yard and make all abilities class wide... Shamanistic rage made enh shamans unique...
    Its for Ele and Enhance, not for resto so no not classwide. Also this has happened with various spells in mop

---------- Post added 2012-12-22 at 05:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Omanley View Post
    1) @ crackerjack: enh/ele =/= class-wide. They excluded resto from the deal which imo is a damn good call. Plus ele is at the bottom of the pvp barrel anyway, so you likely wont be actually affected by it much. Also SR isn't really unique either. Reduced damage taken? Not unique. Removed magical effects(glyph)? Not unique either.
    2) drebbin: afaik, EB works with msw. As octo said though, it'll be likely for enh to still prefer UF in pvp though, because of low mobility forcing the fb sprint, plus using EB means less selfheal, and many shamans hold off msw for critical hexes also

While it is nice to actually get changes to the class once in a while that are NOT totally discouraging, I wont be fooled into thinking pvp as shaman dps to be fixed now. 3/4 of the changes were made to dps talents.
    Enh still lacks mobility, ele still lacks kiting. At least the latter ones now have some extra survivability, but I think this change was blizzard's "now we're even" call for crapping on totems, so there's to fear nothing more in terms of pvp getting better. Plus the nerf to the glyph... I am not sure the glyph will even be worth it still (what if you have to dispell three spells quickly? does that happen often?)

Imo it's better than anything we've got during the last couple of months, though it's kinda ironic it had to be christmas for us to hear something positive for once
    Pvp damage from an ele standpoint wasnt lacking massively, was maybe a little low but we had good utility to make up for it (pre totem nerf).
    Ele kiting should be much better with the flame shock damage buff + passive heal, its already getting better due to thunderstorm 4set and fulmination stacking full almost instantly when your hit.

I agree slightly its them compensating for totem nerf, and we will still see how it plays out on ptr ofcourse, but definately some nice huge changes and a step in the right direction

Deleted
    rly nice to hear some improvedment on the pvp side

Quote Originally Posted by chubbys View Post
    rly nice to hear some improvedment on the pvp side
    yeah im really excited for it, first time ive seen ele buffs in ages!

Whats your favourite change?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Octohoof View Post
    yeah im really excited for it, first time ive seen ele buffs in ages!

Whats your favourite change?
    As excited as I am for the elemental changes, I'm just as excited for the changes made to other classes. Counterspell and Spell Lock are now just interrupts and Shockwave is 40 sec cooldown. We'll see if this stays but that's as much a buff to us as anything we got directly.
    These words in my mouth... where did they come from? I don't think I'm the one that put them there...

Quote Originally Posted by Drebbin View Post
    I never bothered to check before but can blast use maelstrom or would enhance have to hard cast it?
    E Blast is on Maelstroms list so it can be insta cast ive tryed it myself while testing all 3 "90 talents"

---------- Post added 2012-12-22 at 01:51 PM ----------

enh has a deeper need for it, instead of ele. It's not even like ele was in a bad state... I know plenty of people who are high rated as ele shams in 5s who just blow people up.
    You have to look at 2's and 3's where they would just get steam rolled, I play enh myself and I know that enh does need some help but ele was either none existent or the ones who did attempt it were quickly stomped.
    Last edited by Viperk8b; 2012-12-22 at 09:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just can't stand EB in its current form, just no. We should cast it as first priority regardless of MSW stacks. I would prefer a less damage, instant cast version.
    "Man knows - he knows that nothing will begin unless he speaks. And nothing will change, unless he knows."

its only for dps, and elemental very much cares cause they have no passive mitigation and are very squishy and 5s...really!?!?! rage didn't make enhance unique, almost every spec has some type on use damage reduction often with a secondary effect to boot.

Quote Originally Posted by Octohoof View Post
    So god damn happy about the shaman buffs, particularly since im a pvp ele/enh shaman.
    So pleased ele is getting fixed from its horrible current state, patch notes as a whole look very promising.

I made a short video discussing them i would love it if you checked it out and let me know what you think about the changes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0fnWL8-3bw

What does everyone think? Whats your favourite change?

Mine personally is shamanistic rage being available to elemental, such a good change.

Merry Christmas from OctohoofTV!
    You didn't discuss the Unleashed Fury change =( I still don't think it'll be as good as EB for Ele but I wanted to hear your thoughts.

---------- Post added 2012-12-23 at 01:22 AM ----------

Looks like FLame Shock only heals for 30%. Pfff....crappy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Curious to see with the fs glyph changes how well the self healng is for enhance once you spread it with lavalash.

10+ Year Old Account
    We already have one active thread on the 5.2 changes, and we don't need a second. Please don't start duplicate threads.