help with a video card upgrade

I'm kinda at a loss for upgrading my current GPU. Just finished upgrading the rest of my computer then noticed that my fps hadn't changed a whole lot.
    Current upgraded build

MSI 990XA-GD55 AM3+ DDR3 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
    AMD FX 6100 6-Core Processor, 3.3 6 Socket AM3+ - FD6100WMGUSBX (OC to 4.0 GHZ)
    Cooler Master Hyper TX3 - CPU Cooler with 3 Direct Contact Heat Pipes (RR-910-HTX3-G1)
    Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600 MHz (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory
    OCZ Technology 180GB Agility 3 Series SATA 6Gb/s 2.5-Inch Midrange Performance Solid State Drive (SSD) with Max 525MB/s Read and Max 85K IOPS
    Seagate 2T 7200 rps Partitioned into 4 drives
    750 watt ps
    Thermaltake V9 Black Edition Gaming Case

Currently using a XFX HD-577A-ZNFR ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB GDDR5 PCI Express Graphics Card. Was just wondering what GPU would be a nice upgrade. Would prefer an ATI over a nivida. I've had nothing but bad luck in the past with them.

What's your budget? Without knowing it, Radeon 7850 GHz edition for midrange, Radeon 7950/7970 for high end. Maybe you upgraded wrong things so can't say for sure.

And regardless of your preference, all current mainstream MMORPGs (WoW, Rift, SWToR, GW2) work better on Nvidia cards and with Intel processors.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Current budget is around $200. Sorry about not posting it in initial post. I might try a Nvidia card. The last one I had was a 9800 GT and that was about 5 years a go.

For $200 Radeon 7850 is probably best bet. Try getting the GHz edition if you can fit it into budget.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Right now there are rebates for a gtx 660 to make it roughly 200 if you prefer to go with nvidia.

http://us.ncix.com/products/?sku=763...S&promoid=1285

I'd recommend this HD7870 (+Ghz edition), as the price just looks really good right now. It's a non-reference card too, so it should run at lower temps and all.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814161411

Otherwise, I'd consider a GTX 660 if you are able to find one that is priced similarly.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakoes View Post
    I'd recommend this HD7870 (+Ghz edition), as the price just looks really good right now. It's a non-reference card too, so it should run at lower temps and all.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814161411
    Definitely this with your budget unless you're running Blizzard games and MMORPGs only. In that case Nvidia cards have advantage and GTX660 is better.
    Trolling should be.

Currently looking at a EVGA GeForce GTX 660 SIGNATURE2 2048MB GDDR5 DVI mHDMI DP Graphics Card
    A little higher than expected but got a $50 amazon gift card in the mail today for Christmas. There's no reviews for it on Amazon though. They have on on Newegg for the same price with Assassins Creed III free with it.

---------- Post added 2012-12-23 at 05:06 AM ----------

Ended up going with the EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Sig 2 from Amazon. Should get it December 27 hopefully. In answer to the kind of games I'm going to be playing, mostly WoW and Diablo 3. Though I started playing Portal a few days ago. Haven't tried playing Borderlands 2 on my new rig yet. Tried it on my old one and the graphics looked like crap.