Deleted

[Feral] Advice on weapons needed

Hey guys.

I'm not sure on whether I should stick with using [Gao-Rei, Staff of the Legendary Protector] x2 upgraded with the 500 agility gem or switch to
    [Screaming Tiger, Qiang's Unbreakable Polearm] (heroic version), which I can upgrade twice. Is it worth the dps to switch weapons or should I just stick with the one I have now and upgrade something else?

Edit: I'm a feral druid obviously.

http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items...39:32:32:31:29

Given that the Agility difference is much greater (towards Gao) than the weapon DPS (Screaming) and that Agil > DPS when 1:1 ( Reference: http://elitistjerks.com/f73/t130906-...5_0_4_a/#Stats)

I would say stay with Gao-Rei.

Deleted
    Okay thanks!

@ OP - I'm going to assume you mean you have the normal version of Gao-Rei but if not , then the heroic polearm would beat an LFR Gao-Rei.

@ Juvencus - I have been told the EJ numbers are outdated and don't account for the HoTW nerf that happened awhile back. Aggixx sim'd the numbers again just recetly on the Fluid Druid. You are correct that a normal Gao Rei will beat a heroic polearm but weapon DPS > Agi acroos all 3 talent choices.

http://fluiddruid.net/2012/12/fluid-...december-2012/

Deleted
    Considering you can probably upgrade something else as well when you keep Gao-Rei makes it a clear case also considering the Polearm has Haste witch is our worst stat and Gao-Rei has way more Agility.
    @Kloga Yes there are serval thing on EJ that are outdated.

Deleted
    I also wanted to know this, I was leaning towards the Goa-Rei, not only because of the 500 agi gem which can be added, but later on this patch we should be able to add the item which adds a prismatic gem socket to that weapon for another 160 agi off a red gem.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the weapon damage gain from the heroic polearm still better than a +500 agi on the normal sha-touched? Was under the impression that 1 point of weapon damage is equivalent to about 2.5 points of agility. Plus the polearm has more mastery than the sha-touched weapon. Sure Haste is meh at the moment, but so is excess Expertise unless you're a bear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the weapon damage gain from the heroic polearm still better than a +500 agi on the normal sha-touched? Was under the impression that 1 point of weapon damage is equivalent to about 2.5 points of agility. Plus the polearm has more mastery than the sha-touched weapon. Sure Haste is meh at the moment, but so is excess Expertise unless you're a bear.
    I imported my profile into Simc. I got

2/2 Upgraded Screaming Tiger Heroic Polearm: 98927 dps
    2/2 Upgraded Goa-Rei Normal Staff + 500 agi gem: 97738 dps

Anyone else tried? Maybe I am missing something or scaled on my current gear, please correct me if i'm wrong though.
    Last edited by mmoca8c3a8c487; 2012-12-23 at 05:16 PM.

Deleted

Gao-Rei

Agility:1817=9189
    WepDPS:4814=26 142
    Mastery: 856= 1652
    Expertise 892=1471
    Total would be= 38 454

Tiger

Agility 1394=7053
    WepDPS 5090= 27 638
    Mastery 1059= 2043
    Haste 705= 1170
    Total= 37 904
    Aswell as simulation by the poster above also considering he already upgraded Gao-Rei he has valor he can spent on other iteam then the polearm and even gain more then he would if they where closer.

The way the Staff/ Polearm as sim'd out, go with the staff. Agi is x3 any of out other stats. With the expertise on the staff you should be able to funnel a reforge or two for more mastery to make up the difference on the polearm if you are concerned about loosing mastery.

The weapon 'BIS' flow chart kind of looks like this for the tier (assume upgrades x2):
    LFR Polearm> Normal Polearm>LFR Staff> Heroic Polearm> Normal Staff> Heroic Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Etapicx View Post

Gao-Rei

Agility:1817=9189
    WepDPS:4814=26 142
    Mastery: 856= 1652
    Expertise 892=1471
    Total would be= 38 454

Tiger

Agility 1394=7053
    WepDPS 5090= 27 638
    Mastery 1059= 2043
    Haste 705= 1170
    Total= 37 904
    Aswell as simulation by the poster above also considering he already upgraded Gao-Rei he has valor he can spent on other iteam then the polearm and even gain more then he would if they where closer.
    Thanks for your input but your last comment is confusing me: both weapons were simmed to be fully vp upgraded but the polearm still won.

Deleted
    Thanks for your input but your last comment is confusing me: both weapons were simmed to be fully vp upgraded but the polearm still won.
    Yeah it was abit wrong, The person already has Gao-Rei upgrade hence he would have to drop 1500 valor to upgrade the Polearm, If he then would upgrade let say a trinket or any other HC iteams it might wouldn't matter the litle dps diffrences between the two since he will have 1 stronger iteam+Gao-Rei instead of upgraded Polearm and normal iteams.

Deleted
    gao-rei in my opinion!