Bringing my desktop to Europe with me (from US), will it work? Is it worth it?

My wife and I are looking at moving to Europe in a couple of months, and I unfortunately I have a lot of electronic stuff that I'm not sure what to do with. My computer is custom built and ran me about $1600. I also have a nice new sound system that was about $800. I've heard that the electric difference isn't as big a deal now as it was 10 or 20 years ago. Do I need to sell me stuff? Is it going to run safely over there? And of course, is shipping it to myself there going to cost more than it's worth?

The most fun part of this entire thing is that we don't even know for sure we're staying there. 3 months to find a job (the job market in my field is dead in the US unfortunately, but thriving in Germany), so even if I do go over there I'll probably put my stuff in storage for 3 months and then if we get a job have my family ship the good stuff and sell or store the rest.

Anyway, anyone have any experience with this kind of thing?
    "We are dwarfs, but dwarfs who stand on the shoulders of those giants, and in our insignificance we are able then to see further than they over the horizon." Umberto Eco - Il nome della rosa

A fantastic guide to what's not in the constitution! http://www.usconstitution.net/constnot.html#life

PC power supply runs at any voltage, you just need to get power cable that has the right kind of plug.

If your sound system has 110v/220v selector at the back (most quality pieces do) it's the same deal of buying right kind of power cord and set the voltage. Just look at all your electric devices to see if they accept 110-220v and 50-60hz (most computer power supplies as well as laptop power bricks do) you're fine with just changing the cord.

No clue how much shipping costs, you need to check on DHL, UPS etc for that. Electronics is really expensive in EU due to various taxes, your $2500 of toys would probably cost around $3500-4000 here.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Perfect, thank you so much! This answered all of my questions
    "We are dwarfs, but dwarfs who stand on the shoulders of those giants, and in our insignificance we are able then to see further than they over the horizon." Umberto Eco - Il nome della rosa

A fantastic guide to what's not in the constitution! http://www.usconstitution.net/constnot.html#life