Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Hunter BiS list?

Is there any definite BiS list out there?

As I really don't trust Askmrrobot and Icy veins is terrible at updating, anyone done some research on this?

search the forums before posting imo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xint View Post
    Is there any definite BiS list out there?

As I really don't trust Askmrrobot and Icy veins is terrible at updating, anyone done some research on this?
    Pretty much highest iLvL items.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    Pretty much highest iLvL items.
    not really as atm relic is better than HC terror of mists.

There is literally a post with the exact same title on page 2. Please actually look for these things before asking them, this is like the 4th BiS thread in the past 2 weeks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yavania View Post
    not really as atm relic is better than HC terror of mists.
    Pretty much. And Terror HC is like a few hundred dps less in perfect conditions, that is if Xuen procs when it's supposed too.

Deleted
    also the BiS wrists are stone guards HC (unless u get BMAH ones)

also the BiS wrists are stone guards HC (unless u get BMAH ones)
    Let me rephrase that for you so it isn't misleading or anything.

The BiS bracers are the H 509 Jagged Hornet Bracers only obtainable off of the BMAH and if you cannot get those the next best thing are the H 502 Stonemaw Armguards that drop off of H stone guard.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Deleted
    yeah thats what I was trying to say. not even seen them bracers on EU Ravencrest BMAH and wouldn't buy anyways will be over priced and not really worth it.

Deleted
    Assuming you don't / won't have access to the Heroic-Elite Protectors of the Endless shoulders, the BiS list slightly different.

Offset Chest grants you a Red/Yellow+120 agi socket bonus over the 2x Yellow +120 Mastery bonus from the tier chest, making it quite a significant dps increase despite swapping crit for less valuable stats by using tier shoulders instead of 509 Protectors / Meljarak offsets.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dela2k10 View Post
    Assuming you don't / won't have access to the Heroic-Elite Protectors of the Endless shoulders, the BiS list slightly different.

Offset Chest grants you a Red/Yellow+120 agi socket bonus over the 2x Yellow +120 Mastery bonus from the tier chest, making it quite a significant dps increase despite swapping crit for less valuable stats by using tier shoulders instead of 509 Protectors / Meljarak offsets.
    just did sims will my current gear on female dwarf.

using the normal mode elite shoulders and tier chest i got 667 more dps than using that suggested chest and tier shoulders. - Sunwrought Mail Chestguard was assumed chest.

please provide proof if going to say this.

also clicking your armory you are using HC terror. this is subpar to relic which is also proved by simming. (this part is theoretical and the DPS is that minimal either can be used but if you want a BiS list relic should be used.)

Deleted
    just did sims will my current gear on female dwarf.

using the normal mode elite shoulders and tier chest i got 667 more dps than using that suggested chest and tier shoulders. - Sunwrought Mail Chestguard was assumed chest.

please provide proof if going to say this.

also clicking your armory you are using HC terror. this is subpar to relic which is also proved by simming. (this part is theoretical and the DPS is that minimal either can be used but if you want a BiS list relic should be used.)
    The thig you have to remember is that in the sims they are giving the xuen perfect conditions, meaning that due to it working off crits it's rng+rng for it to proc, and that small dps increase that it is supposed to have might not actually be true, since it will be a lot easier stackin cooldowns for when terror is goin to proc if you are tracking that than it is to get a xuen proc during your cooldowns.

Sims isn't everything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    The thig you have to remember is that in the sims they are giving the xuen perfect conditions, meaning that due to it working off crits it's rng+rng for it to proc, and that small dps increase that it is supposed to have might not actually be true, since it will be a lot easier stackin cooldowns for when terror is goin to proc if you are tracking that than it is to get a xuen proc during your cooldowns.

Sims isn't everything.
    not everything but a good starting point.

also since BM hunters stacking crit as much as possible, my trinket normal always procs when its off internal CD.

Deleted
    not everything but a good starting point.

also since BM hunters stacking crit as much as possible, my trinket normal always procs when its off internal CD.
    I have xuen as well, I stack crit as well, but I don't always get the proc as its ICD is up, I sometimes go 20+ sec without it proced. And if you try and stack cooldowns and get full benefit of the proc and CDs you want it to proc a lot sooner than that.

Just noting something here - terror in the mists is BiS by a houndred or so DPS when upgraded 2/2 vs xuen 2/2. Before upgrades, xuen is BiS. This is because Terror gains ~100 agility through upgrades, while xuen only gains ~75 (static), because of Terror's higher item level, and the itemlevel growth are working off of an exponential growth formula. If you want a proper bis list, terror is part of it, but the difference is so inconsequential that you should let every single other agility user that wants the trinket have it before you.
    Besides that, even if it does sim slightly lower, it is a far more reliable trinket to stack with your cooldowns, due to proc on hit rather than crit.

There's one thing I'm unsure of, though - the text from bottle reads: Your attacks have a chance to grant you XXXX agility for 20 sec.
    While the text from terror in the mists reads: each time your attacks hits, you have a chance to gain XXXX crit for 20 sec.

Is there actually any difference? Reading it, it'd seem like Terror could proc from dots too (each time your attacks hits - my serpent sting hits more than once, my explo shot as surv hits more than once, etc).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Just noting something here - terror in the mists is BiS by a houndred or so DPS when upgraded 2/2 vs xuen 2/2. Before upgrades, xuen is BiS. This is because Terror gains ~100 agility through upgrades, while xuen only gains ~75 (static), because of Terror's higher item level, and the itemlevel growth are working off of an exponential growth formula. If you want a proper bis list, terror is part of it, but the difference is so inconsequential that you should let every single other agility user that wants the trinket have it before you.
    Besides that, even if it does sim slightly lower, it is a far more reliable trinket to stack with your cooldowns, due to proc on hit rather than crit.

There's one thing I'm unsure of, though - the text from bottle reads: Your attacks have a chance to grant you XXXX agility for 20 sec.
    While the text from terror in the mists reads: each time your attacks hits, you have a chance to gain XXXX crit for 20 sec.

Is there actually any difference? Reading it, it'd seem like Terror could proc from dots too (each time your attacks hits - my serpent sting hits more than once, my explo shot as surv hits more than once, etc).
    hmm serpent sting could trigger this.

would relic not be better than bottle when both 2/2?

hmm serpent sting could trigger this.

would relic not be better than bottle when both 2/2?
    It shouldn't be. Bottle is the strongest of the 3 trinkets, due to it's huge uptime (~42%) on it's agility buff.
    Using http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=7335&e=7648 as a baseline (note that I'm BM and Kayman Surv, which will mean that his DMC should have slightly more uptime, as it CAN proc off of explosive shot, but it CAN'T proc off of Kill Command) -

I have terror in the mists + bottle.
    Kayman has DMC + bottle.
    We both have 42-43% uptime on bottle.
    I have 20% uptime on terror.
    Kayman has 24% uptime on DMC - cutting away 2% to make up for signature shot proc'ing it for him, but not for me.

This gives the trinkets with 2/2 the relative stats:
    Bottle - 1652 agility, 788 mastery, 525 crit.
    Terror - 1401 agility, 1680 crit.
    Xuen - 1029+717 (1746) agility.
    So xuen has 94 agility more than bottle, but 1313 secondary stats less.
    Xuen has 346 agility more, but 1680 crit less than Terror.
    That comes out at 4.8 crit per agility point - which is why they're so damn close, anyway. Agility is usually 4-5 times as strong as crit.

Deleted
    Very quick femaledwarfs of Relic 2/2 vs Terror 2/2, my gear from armory in sig.

Relic: http://www.femaledwarf.com/?setting_id=5962
    Terror: http://www.femaledwarf.com/?setting_id=5961

Terror wins, by +564.73 dps - I might add that i won this trinket with a coin while trying for the gun, and like Draco said I would still be passing it even now otherwise...

And a Sim of offset 509 Zorlok's Fizzing Chest Chest vs 509 Waterborne Shoulders.

Chest: http://www.femaledwarf.com/?setting_id=5964
    Shoulders: http://www.femaledwarf.com/?setting_id=5965

Chest wins by +608.81
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Agility is usually 4-5 times as strong as crit.
    ^That is why, and I'd also like to add that if you run these gear setups through simcraft they return lower numbers across the board but the winning setup remains the same.

Please note that I'm talking strictly in close-to BiS gear, in that you are full 509+ in virtually every slot and do not have access to HC-E Protectors.

The chest you should have been using was Zorlok's Fizzing Chestguard, but maybe that only works for my set of gear...

PS - Chardev Y U NO HAVE FENG'S RING OR BOW/GUN
    Last edited by mmoc5ff2ee9b91; 2012-12-23 at 04:23 AM.

Finally got H-Bottle this week after close to 2 months farming H-Elegon and coining every kill. Jesus fuck.

why is your mage fire draco lol ? hunters above locks and mages is new..

but yea terror is second bis after bottle for sure.. Majority of the top hunters agree as well.. relic just isn't reliable enough..

What i'm consfused about it why has every single hunter gemmed 80 agi 160 crit in their Monstrous Stompers ? Is 160 crit + 120 haste really better than 80 agi in a bis setup ?
    Last edited by Saoron; 2012-12-23 at 10:56 AM.