Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    I though about this a while. At first I was going to say there is not one best spell but att he end of thought of it. Symbiosis. You not only igve yourself an ability but you also give your friend one, how awesome is that? Sometimes it does not give us the best one but when it works it is great. It can be a complete game changer.

The other two I thought about were cyclone and monk teleport. Both are very good, but I am going to have to give it to Symbiosis here, it is so versatile.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

First thing that comes to mind for me is Blink... Mages always blink away from me... ALWAYS.

drain mana when it was available for locks vs healers.. quite decent and went through walls/los.

No smokebomb? Really? Blink might be great solo but in group fights it's no game changer. Smoke bomb and ring of frost on the other hand are easily the most powerful and game changing moves to the extent that they can even change games in the rogue/mage's favor when used at the worst times.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Patch 3.1 Exorcism
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...all/chuckabear

10+ Year Old Account
    Blink, alter time as well if used correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckadoodle View Post
    Patch 3.1 Exorcism
    *wistful nostalgia*
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    Dark Simulacrum, there is so much opportunity for individual decisions in that one ability simply because of timing what it is you want to get out of it, and then proper use of that which you acquire that by nature no other single ability can really match up to.

Symbiosis.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone man for himself! Frees up two trinket slots!

second wind

having an invisible resto druid with infinite mana once you hit 35% is pretty overpowered, tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cyclone, pre-5.2. Post 5.2, Circle of Peace.
    EverQuest, City of Heroes, Star Wars Galaxies, EverQuest II, World of Warcraft, Guild Wars, Star Wars TOR, Guild Wars 2, Rift.

Overall i'll vote for blink too. But that's overall, there were too many sutuational OP abilities way worse - the best example was viper sting in tBC, carried our rdruid/dpriest/hunt to glad in 2 days through all RMPs where mage was oom less then a min into the game (and that's if rogue trained DP, otherwise both priest/mage were oom in a matter of 1 min). Mana drain was on the same scale of retardedness in 2v2. Also heroism, windfurry totem (macestuned np i'm not trinketing, ups i'm dead), death&decay glyph and many many more.

P.S. Still blink #1, it's nerfproof for eternity whille rest offenders were deleted/nerfed. Although tbh can't imagine mages without it.

10+ Year Old Account
    People keep saying Blink but forget that a Mages way of mitigating damage is to avoid some of it - i.e they need Blink. Other classes are far tankier, that's just how it works.

Personally I think - if we are to remove all context and/or comps/gear and whatnot - that a Combat Rogues 9 second Kidney Shot is unbelieveably strong.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Altered-Time.com - the #1 Mage Theorycrafting community.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mage

10char
    Naftc, "Hunters are the cheapest class in game and when played right are more deadly than a train plowing through a field of bunnies covered in napalm"

15+ Year Old Account
    Heroic Leap. Escape ability, insane random damage.