Priest or Warlock PVP

I know this is a broad question, but i was just curious what would be better in a pvp setting...

Priest or Warlock and why? I know a good Disc/holy priest are hard to beat, but then again a nasty aff lock is tough too.

Unless you want to play shadow, it would be better to steer clear of priests for the time being.

good to know thanks!!

your ideas seem to be outdated, atm affliction just doesn't cut it, spread dots don't do meaningful damage or pressure, and the meta game is burst or be bursted, and disc is still the bottom of healers by a fair margin.

spriest currently and looking into 5.2 look to be sitting really well off.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I have to believe the current notes, warlocks will be a joke in 5.2... Shadowpriests on the other hand are very strong now and will likely remain so.

Affliction had it's back broken in 5.0, and is being further nerfed in 5.2. If affliction is what you're after, roll a shadow priest.

Deleted
    Some warlock mustve molested gc as a child because locks are getting nerfs with every patch now.
    Go with shadowpriest. Its superior in all categories.

Deleted
    To be honest warlocks are quite fine be it not as op as when affliction was in cata. I play Demo and Destro and its quite fine be it not an FOTM like mages and warriors were for a bit and what ferals and dk's seem now. Sp is pretty good the dp and overall balance is good however as far as I can tell from what ive read hybrids are getting progressively nerfed/ adjusted because of their extreme utility so to be fair saying either warlock or sp will get nerfed is just plain guessing. Just play what you like seen enough sp's or warlocks having fun. As for now my preference goes out to demo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ztarbuckx View Post
    To be honest warlocks are quite fine be it not as op as when affliction was in cata. I play Demo and Destro and its quite fine be it not an FOTM like mages and warriors were for a bit and what ferals and dk's seem now. Sp is pretty good the dp and overall balance is good however as far as I can tell from what ive read hybrids are getting progressively nerfed/ adjusted because of their extreme utility so to be fair saying either warlock or sp will get nerfed is just plain guessing. Just play what you like seen enough sp's or warlocks having fun. As for now my preference goes out to demo.
    So your preference goes to a spec that does literally no damage for 2 minutes, than blows every cooldown to bring someone to 50% hp?
    interesting....

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    So your preference goes to a spec that does literally no damage for 2 minutes, than blows every cooldown to bring someone to 50% hp?
    interesting....
    welcome to being a ret paladin for oh the past 6 years.

warlocks are as as much about their capacity to control an opposing team as they are about damage.
    Last edited by kosechi; 2012-12-26 at 03:38 PM.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"