Poll: Your choice for 5.2?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    This poll makes no sense, each one will be good for different things. I mean, we could have a discussion about which situations highlight which ability for each spec, but WW already had a thread for that, however we could use a MW one (BM is obvious for Chi Wave). There is no "best" between an AoE focused skill, a single-target focused skill, and a single target AND AoE ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    This poll makes no sense, each one will be good for different things. I mean, we could have a discussion about which situations highlight which ability for each spec, but WW already had a thread for that, however we could use a MW one (BM is obvious for Chi Wave). There is no "best" between an AoE focused skill, a single-target focused skill, and a single target AND AoE ability.
    except the poll clearly shows Chi Wave will outweigh Zen Sphere and Chi Burst in many situations whether being 10/25, heroics, arena so their goal of balancing all 3 for every spec & situation isn't there yet, but we will see until ptr

Chi Wave is the most reliable I believe, it is a "smart heal" where as Burst or Sphere seem more like a "skill shot". Chi wave you can just spam on CD and forget.

Deleted
    Windwalker and I'm still going with Chi Wave (most likely).

Chi Wave - it became strong!

Quote Originally Posted by bigfootbigd View Post
    except the poll clearly shows Chi Wave will outweigh Zen Sphere and Chi Burst in many situations whether being 10/25, heroics, arena so their goal of balancing all 3 for every spec & situation isn't there yet, but we will see until ptr
    What talent in the game is balanced for every spec and situation? They're balanced for different situations on purpose, to create choices. Chi Wave will be chosen more overall simply because single-target abilities are better for PvP, Chi Wave's self-healing is better for Brewmasters in general, and its single-target damage will be more useful for WW than AoE damage by very nature of having more times when single-target is more important than AoE.

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    What talent in the game is balanced for every spec and situation? They're balanced for different situations on purpose, to create choices. Chi Wave will be chosen more overall simply because single-target abilities are better for PvP, Chi Wave's self-healing is better for Brewmasters in general, and its single-target damage will be more useful for WW than AoE damage by very nature of having more times when single-target is more important than AoE.
    No but with such a substantial difference 66%/22%/10%, it shows that there wont be much of a "choice". As proven by talent changes from other class and talent trees, Blizzard wants a good amount of people to use each choice at a balance rate and also giving you the freedom to choose which one fits your playstyle. Chi Wave is good for PVP, but Zen Sphere can easily be as equivalent until they balance it.

I'm thinking.....

Chi Wave for Single Target PVE (15 seconds isn't that super bad)
    Chi Sphere for AOE fights where there's not massive damage
    Zen Sphere for fights like Heroic Garalon where everyone gets hit with a WTF damage. I mean 35% HP? This doesn't happen often....

Stupid blizzard taking away detonate. 35% HP doesn't happen often in raiding situations where 2 tanks are taking that much damage to the point this seems valid to keep using. I mean yeah it's a HoT but it's kinda like, eh...IDK. We'll have to see. Maybe the "HoT" part of it might be ok. IDK...

Wonder how long this'll last in LFR before they go, errr...uh... yeah...

Quote Originally Posted by Wyse View Post
    Zen Sphere for fights like Heroic Garalon where everyone gets hit with a WTF damage. I mean 35% HP? This doesn't happen often....

Stupid blizzard taking away detonate. 35% HP doesn't happen often in raiding situations where 2 tanks are taking that much damage to the point this seems valid to keep using. I mean yeah it's a HoT but it's kinda like, eh...IDK. We'll have to see. Maybe the "HoT" part of it might be ok. IDK...

Wonder how long this'll last in LFR before they go, errr...uh... yeah...
    I think you'll find it happens more often than you think, and Zen Sphere will be looked at in two ways. You'll put one on each tank during periods or fairly stable damage for the HoT part of ZS, and just have that rolling on them like a druids lifebloom, and it will act like a shamans earth shield should the tank drop below 35%.

During periods of heavy raid wide AOE, when the raid stacks up, you'll just be throwing Zen Sphere around on random raid members and I'm thinking you'll get maybe 3,4 or 5 detonates of AOE healing.

All speculation however, we'll know more once the PTR is released.

Considering I already use chi wave for both MW and WW (though occasional fights I will switch to chi burst for MW), I expect to continue to use Chi Wave.

I plan on trying out the new Zen Sphere as MW, but I don't plan on using the new Chi Burst ever again. The cooldown is too long to make it rotational, and the healing too weak to make it an oh crap button, particularly given positioning requirements.

Zen Sphere I expect to be good on things like Bladelord, with lots of clumped area damage with people often getting low enough to trigger the pulse.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreyo View Post
    Considering I already use chi wave for both MW and WW (though occasional fights I will switch to chi burst for MW), I expect to continue to use Chi Wave.

I plan on trying out the new Zen Sphere as MW, but I don't plan on using the new Chi Burst ever again. The cooldown is too long to make it rotational, and the healing too weak to make it an oh crap button, particularly given positioning requirements.

Zen Sphere I expect to be good on things like Bladelord, with lots of clumped area damage with people often getting low enough to trigger the pulse.
    They've doubled up on Chi Burst healing, it does around 10k each at the minute with the occasional 20k crit so if it does healing similar to revival post patch I will probably take it still for the fights I use it in now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbfoundead View Post
    They've doubled up on Chi Burst healing, it does around 10k each at the minute with the occasional 20k crit so if it does healing similar to revival post patch I will probably take it still for the fights I use it in now.
    The 100% buff is nice and chi removal is nice, but it doesn't make it up for the 30 second cd. Not even close. That means using Chi Burst four times a minute in 5.2 compared to now when you can probably squeeze in +12 chi bursts in a minute. I hope they plan to reduce the CD before it hits live.

That is not true at all.
    First people do not only choose a talent/class base on power alone, else PvP would consist of only Shaman and Warrior at launch. No one would cry about their class since everyone is playing the most powerful class.

Chi wave have the advantage of being the by far easiest to use.
    The other talent will have to be significantly better in order to see the number to be balanced. Most importantly that would not be fun to force people into other talent just because some people like see 33%/33%/33% distribution.
    Last edited by Exorte; 2012-12-28 at 12:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyo View Post
    I wish they had also increased the explosion heal by 50%. It's not like you can spam it and the heal as it currently stands is too weak for an emergency heal. Even two together is a questionable scenario as they don't last all that long and Mistweavers tend to have other things to worry about than applying a single-target "rainy day" heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Exorte View Post
    That is not true at all.
    First people not only choose a talent/class base on power alone, else PvP would consist of only Shaman and Warrior at launch.
    By your own logic, everyone who doesn't play those is specifically bad at the game and choosing classes for reasons other than excelling.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

That is not true at all.
    First people not only choose a talent/class base on power alone, else PvP would consist of only Shaman and Warrior at launch. No one would cry about their class since everyone is playing the most powerful class.
    That is what I'm hoping but usually never the case. I want it so you can choose based on your playstyle, not because chi wave is better in this situation. Im not sure why you're comparing classes though, never mentioned anything in that category.

Chi wave have the advantage of being the by far easiest to use.
    The other talent will have to be significantly better in order to see the number to be balanced. Most importantly that would not be fun to force people into other talent just because some people like see 33%/33%/33% distribution.
    You're pretty much saying you want an obvious choice (chi wave). Yes chi wave is hella easy to use. and yes other talent will have be better to be balanced. And I totally agree you shouldn't force other players to use a certain talent hence why I said it should be based on your own playstyle. But right now based on the poll, people will feel more obligated and forced to choose chi wave as it outweighs the other two where if it was 33/33/33, there would be much more freedom/flexibity/choice

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like the see the zen sphere detonate smart healy. It seems like a lot of encounters that bring you bellow 35% are more single target damage based encounters and detonate would end up overheating some people.

For chi burst I'd like the see the cooldown slightly lowered or make it a proc based ability.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ermagherd I will be fooling around with Zen Sphere and Chi wave. Same as I have been for all of 5.0/.1

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Chi-wave for me all the way.
    I also prefer chi weave, I think that is the most talented of the three, to go alone, or in groups. heal quite well and has a fairly high damage

10+ Year Old Account
    Really wish they decide to make chi wave not bounce to other players and increase the projectile speed immensely.

I using class as example because talent choose and class choose are similar topic.
    You're pretty much saying you want an obvious choice (chi wave).
    How? where? I never stat anything about what I want in the post.
    But right now based on the poll, people will feel more obligated and forced to choose chi wave as it outweighs the other two where if it was 33/33/33, there would be much more freedom/flexibity/choice
    What I'm trying to say is that you do not know that.
    People don't choose talent or class base on power alone.
    For example:
    Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin View Post
    Yeah. Personally, EB would have to be significantly higher DPS for me to even consider a swap. If I wanted to hard cast spells I'd re-roll Elemental.
    from http://www.mmo-champion.com/newreply...ply&p=19584792

---------- Post added 2012-12-28 at 12:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    By your own logic, everyone who doesn't play those is specifically bad at the game and choosing classes for reasons other than excelling.
    Yes beside the "bad" part, and therefore the ratio is not the all exact representation of the power.
    People have all different reason and factor involve in class choose. They could think one class is more powerful but not roll it because they dislike the playstyle or other reason but that doesn't make them bad.
    Again what I am saying is representation is not the complete picture of power, because people choose thing base on more then just power alone.

By the way, I have trouble understanding why people think equal representation = balanced. That is like saying all color is must be equally pick as the favorite color by the population or the colors are imbalance.

In other news, "BLUE IS OP. PL0X FIX, GOD(or other religious entity)." http://awp.diaart.org/km/usa/survey.html
    List of USA Survey Results
    What is your favorite color?
    Blue: 44%
    Green: 12%
    Red: 11%
    Last edited by Exorte; 2012-12-28 at 12:39 AM.