Poll: Your choice for 5.2?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

5.2 Chi Wave, Zen Spheres, or Chi Burst?

Just wondering what you guys planning to choose for the 2nd talent tier for 5.2

Chi Wave - seems like a slight buff. 100% increase but from 8 seconds to 15 seconds. Still gonna be my choice for pvp.

Zen Sphere - Still hesitant about zen sphere. Even though you can now cast it on two players, the HoT doesn't seem to have changed and the detonation after 35% is questionable and seems quite situational. Would be nice if you could stack it?

Chi Burst - definitely got nerfed even with the chi-cost removal and 100% healing/damage since it has a 30 second cd now -.- I probably will still choose this for raiding but RIP spamming chi burst over uplift

It really depends on the situation, but yes, Chi Wave will still be the choice for PvP, soloing... and Zen Sphere opens up for tanking healing and AoE healing, which is cool. I agree that Chi Burst is definitely nerfed.

Chi-wave for me all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by LeyrHao View Post
    It really depends on the situation, but yes, Chi Wave will still be the choice for PvP, soloing... and Zen Sphere opens up for tanking healing and AoE healing, which is cool. I agree that Chi Burst is definitely nerfed.
    The thing with placing the zen spheres on both of the tanks is that you will only get the benefit of the detonation once they reach 35%.... I'm just hoping the healing detonation will do much more healing on the target with the zen sphere.

I think chi burst count as a buff for non MW. Maybe it will be the best choose for 25 man WW monk.

Deleted
    well chiwave is def. for pvp or 10 mands . can cant realy figure out if i'll go with ZS is vaible enough u have no way to control the out come tho

Quote Originally Posted by Exorte View Post
    I think chi burst count as a buff for non MW. Maybe it will be the best choose for 25 man WW monk.
    Yea Chi Burst is still the best choice for 25m but it still a nerf for any spec since you were able to spam Chi Burst but now you can only cast it once every 30sec which is too long imo

Chi Wave in all situations as a Windwalker. Right now we have to spend 4 chi every 16 seconds to gain x amount of healing, which is a DPS loss to do so. With the new Chi Wave we spend 1 GCD every 15 seconds to gain the same amount of healing, and free damage (about 100k damage).

It would be a DPS increase to use it on CD.

Also, in PVP it's more on demand healing. Sustained healing isn't as important, we need to be able to live through burst damage. So we can hit it when we come out of a stun for twice what it did before.
    Last edited by Moozhe; 2012-12-22 at 10:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a brewmaster I'll 100% be rolling with Zen Sphere. It may be less healing(?) (if you can't stack both spheres on yourself that is ) but tbh I'd take a guarenteed heal for slightly less than the CHANCE that Chi Wave will hit me every time.

Also the detonate could be pretty useful, again from a BrM's perspective, keep the sphere up on youself at all times and it's basically an emergancy heal baked right in, should anything go horribly wrong.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    As a brewmaster I'll 100% be rolling with Zen Sphere. It may be less healing(?) (if you can't stack both spheres on yourself that is ) but tbh I'd take a guarenteed heal for slightly less than the CHANCE that Chi Wave will hit me every time.

Also the detonate could be pretty useful, again from a BrM's perspective, keep the sphere up on youself at all times and it's basically an emergancy heal baked right in, should anything go horribly wrong.
    Going to agree here, as a BrM I will be sticking with ZS because it is for sure going to be healing me. I am really hoping that you can stack both on yourself (doesn't say only 1 per target so maybe). Still would like if they changed it so that once it expires it heals you for 50% of the detonation regardless of health levels though.

As my WW off spec I will be still using Chi Wave though. Burst healing is more needed for WW and I usually don't need each jump of it.

I feel like Zen Sphere is attractive for the first time, so that's my pick.
    You can put them down when you know the raid is going to take heavy damage and go under 35%. Maybe one in melee and one in range to prepare (for things like the Empress's Sonic Discharge), or both in the same place if it's proximity based (like the add during Elegon).

I can definitely find use for the hots themselves. It was sort of weak, so that's why I never really liked Zen Sphere, but two means double the healing. It might not be able to stack, but maybe one rolling on the tank and the other to top off raid members (or the other tank when both tanks are taking damage).

Is chi burst being an instant cast (like all the tool-tips I'm seeing are saying) a new change as well or was this already on the ptr? I haven't seen anyone else mention it.

15+ Year Old Account
    I might try Zen sphere for pvp, does not seem that bad for healing since the counter-dispel mechanic.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

I'll do like anyone with half a brain does - Change based on the type of content or encounter mechanic; type of comp I run or I run against. Aka I think such a poll encourages bad mistweaver to remain clueless.

As to help with avoiding that, from a 10m raiding perspective, I'll likely alter between ZP and CW for most encounters currently availible.

In PvP, I would likely run ZP versus caster comps (or at least ones with heavy CC chains) and CW versus melee(including hunters) cleaves. CW for RBGs. Then again I'm far more a hybrid caster type of player when it comes down to pvp so this is not too relevent.

I believe CB will still be competitive with the other choices in 25m. I highly doubt CW will find a niche in 25m. Then again we don't know the encounter design for T15 left so it's really only speculation assuming the current trends continue

Deleted
    Depends really, since we have no idea for what they're going to be healing for yet. Especially Zen Sphere, as of now it ticks for roughly twice a Renewing Mist for me which isn't something to scoff at - especially if we can double it up.

I like the idea behind Zen Sphere now, it has a 10sec cd and 16sec duration so you could put up 2 before a big aoe dmg burst but... im afraid the healing will be to low to compare to Chi Burst, Plus you would be relying on the 2 targets you chose before dmg starts to actualy drop low enough to explode before someone potentially dies.

Chi burst will still be the only one thats a pve dps increase for windwalker, so that's my clear choice. Throwing together a pvp spec with the upcoming 5.2 changes so I'll prolly run chi wave for arena.

Quote Originally Posted by gahddo View Post
    Chi burst will still be the only one thats a pve dps increase for windwalker, so that's my clear choice. Throwing together a pvp spec with the upcoming 5.2 changes so I'll prolly run chi wave for arena.
    What are you basing that on? I'm only seeing Chi Burst doing about 10% more damage than Chi Wave does in a single tick currently. With 4 ticks, Chi Wave does almost 4x the damage. They are both being buffed by 100%. However, you can use Chi Wave twice as often.

Chi Wave should do around 8x as much damage with very respectable healing. I can only see Chi Burst being useful for AOE fights, or if you need hybrid heals for a stacked 25-man raid (ie. Force and Verve type healing situations).

im thinking of chi wave for mistweaver. thats if its been fixed for a raid environment

Hard to say, but I almost exclusively use Chi Wave now (Brewmaster main spec) and I am definitely thinking about trying the other two come 5.2.