Poll: Your choice for 5.2?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    Really wish they decide to make chi wave not bounce to other players and increase the projectile speed immensely.
    Glyph please, it being smart is actually quite powerful for cluster healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Exorte View Post
    In other news, "BLUE IS OP. PL0X FIX, GOD(or other religious entity)." http://awp.diaart.org/km/usa/survey.html
    The analogy of "favorite color" doesn't exactly work here. Choosing blue as your favorite color doesn't get your slightly higher income, a slightly nicer car, and a dog that understands commands in three languages.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumbfoundead View Post
    Glyph please, it being smart is actually quite powerful for cluster healing.
    As long as it's a minor glyph, I agree.

ZS as BrM. I don't care about healing everyone else my job is to stay alive. This is a minor consistent Threat increase to boot. The detonate below 35% might actually save me every once in a while. That mini-burst of healing when low without me having to hit a button (because I already hit it when I was healthy) is just great.

Chi Burst seems most likely as MW. It already was moderately powerful, but now it hits twice as strong. The 30s CD sounds bad on the surface, but it'd be of great use on lots of fights. Damage rarely comes as a constant steady stream of AOE. It seems to always come in chunks. With a 100% increase in healing, this + Uplift might be enough of a mini-AoE burst of healing to make up for the fact that Revival is our own real raid CD.

I don't play WW but I see Chi Wave as their best option.

However it all depends on how much Zen Sphere will be healing for as a HoT.... Cuz I don't remember seeing a CD on that at all...If so it may be the better option as a healer..

10+ Year Old Account
    Chi Wave currently is, and will be, the easiest to use of all 3 choices- its essentially Fire and Forget. In 5.2, I forsee it being awesome for BrM, ok for WW, and situational for MW.

MW has a number of options. Chi Burst has a longer cooldown then the other choices, but can easily heal for double/triple the amount on a larger group. If you have big burst coming in (Annilate for Elegon, ect) then Chi Burst is probably the strongest here as itll help to top off your raid.

Zen Sphere is also pretty strong. It has the highest macro-management out of all 3 choices (2 HoTs you have to keep up) but it helps for both emminence healing and keeping the target stable. Its strength is the 35% auto-burst. On fights with constant AoE pulsing, this is the strongest choice, as it allows you to put it on 2 targets, and should they drop low, bursts and gets the raid back to a manageable level.

Chi Wave is a smart heal, and is easy to use. Thus, if niether situations suit Zen Sphere/Chi Burst, Chi Wave will probably be taken.

---------- Post added 2012-12-28 at 02:41 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wyse View Post
    However it all depends on how much Zen Sphere will be healing for as a HoT.... Cuz I don't remember seeing a CD on that at all...If so it may be the better option as a healer..
    From what it seems, it heals for half the amount Chi Wave does per target every 2 seconds- so, over the full 16 seconds, it ticks 8 times, thus healing for about the same amount as Chi Wave (Chi Wave jumps 7 times, so it heals for 4 times). You can have 2 spheres up, so if you keep both spheres up, itll give the most potential throughput of all 3 talents in terms of healing done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    The analogy of "favorite color" doesn't exactly work here. Choosing blue as your favorite color doesn't get your slightly higher income, a slightly nicer car, and a dog that understands commands in three languages.
    That is exactly why I choose color since you can't argue color are imbalance in this context. Yet color still show vast difference in percentages. In other word, even perfect balance class or talent in terms of power offered could still show vast difference in usage.
    This is to prove my point which is that percentage alone can't prove imbalance, again I'm not making any statement about the state of balance or imbalance. I didn't even claim the guy I reply to is wrong, merely point out the error in his reasoning of relying on only the poll result.

Quote Originally Posted by Exorte View Post
    That is exactly why I choose color since you can't argue color are imbalance in this context. Yet color still show vast difference in percentages. In other word, even perfect balance class or talent in terms of power offered could still show vast difference in usage.
    This is to prove my point which is that percentage alone can't prove imbalance, again I'm not making any statement about the state of balance or imbalance. I didn't even claim the guy I reply to is wrong, merely point out the error in his reasoning of relying on only the poll result.
    I finally think I get what you mean. I'd say there's a missing part of this though. The three abilities excel in three different ways. If they gave identical results with five people standing in lava fighting a rock elemental (or whatever), that'd be ideal. If there were 12 people then Chi Burst should win. If 3, then Chi Wave should win. If the lava were normal but the elemental had an mechanic where it periodically brought its primary target down by over 50% health within a few seconds, then Zen Sphere (5.2) should win. That kind of planning when balancing the numbers is the issue here.
    Last edited by TheWindWalker; 2012-12-28 at 03:18 AM.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    I think what'll REALLY swing the choice is the stacking for Zen Sphere...

in 5.2 you can have 2 Zen Sphere's up, but there isn't a tag, as far as we know, saying you can only have one per person.

If as many people are hoping you can have both sphere's on a single target, I think ZS will be the go to choice for Brewmasters.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30