Page 1 of 2
LastLast

WoW Freak Occurrences

This is that kind of feature players shly imply to be fed with, like an unexpected gift from your friend that you appreciate, only for WoW players its that kind of gift people have tiny orgasm with when announced at blizzcons, I will say the same for this because people even had "tiny orgasm" when scenarios were announced at blizzcon which isn't really that great.

Simlar to Deathwings [Stood in the Fire], Freak Occurrences will be rare turbulence to add danger and spontaneousness around Azeroth. From common everyday crimes of thieves and bandits, lightning and meteor or the spotting of a mythical creature, the citizens of Azeroth will be wakened.

Mob based turbulence such as thieves and bandits will spawn in specific spots in the world and stay there until they decide(by random or by schedule) or mobilize and return to the same place or move to their camb B once they have finished their task, or unless of course they die in action. They do not reset like other mobs, they just recover their health slowly.

These Mobs have the power to kill guards and players, but they will not be able to kill quest givers and vendors or any sort of service provider. They will be able to attack them but they can only be brought down to 1% and are still commutable, they will be displayed as injured (laying down dead) to display their injuriny and they will recover in just minutes.

Thieves: They will spawn in hideouts and depending on how skilled the thief is the harder and farther away his hideout will be. Thieves will be seen running in and out of shops, banks, and treasuries, carrying a sack of gold in their hand or a sacred artifacts or even a painting. Thieves will not try to attack players but will attempt to flee back to his hide out. Some will be on foot, some will be sprinting, some will be on normal mounts, some will be on flying mounts. They will not stop fleeing until they are down to 30%, it is up to players weather they return the stolen goods or not.

And what better way is there to unite the community than hunting down a thief?

Challengers: Every once in a while a great warrior of great power and cunning comes to town to take on all comers to test his skill and prove his prowess. He will not attack players or guards but accept challenges from solo, groups or raids, depending on how strong the challenger is.

Scouts: From Amani to Qiraji all factions have scouts. They can be seen Patrolling multiple zones or taking long trips from point A to B.

All scouts will be on mounts, some flying and some not. If they are spotted some will attack even if you are on your epic flyer. But what you need to watch out for are "speedy scouts", who do not attack players. Speedy scouts are couriers carrying messages travelling back and forth from point A to B. But they carry information your faction leaders would very handsomely pay for, though it will take patience and timing to kill them.

An example of a courier is a Zandalari troll on a very fast flying mount travelling between Zul'Aman and Zul'Gurub.

Spies: Agents of Espionage working for SI:7 or the Shattered Hand clan. They are amongst the innocent bystanders or pretending to be your local bread vendor. So you better watch out if anyone is acting odd, you never know when your being watched.

Lightning: Delivered by Thorim himself ( jk ). On very rare occasions lightning will hit a random player that isn't inside a building or anyone without proper shade above their head. This can only happen when its raining or when in Netherstorm. The lightning should kill instantly. People flying on a rainy weather are most vurnerable to lightning.

War-Party: A band of raiders from your local bandit base or a platoon or grunts from the Warsong Lumber Camp in Ashenvale, seeking harm to your village.

This turbulence will fullfill my fantasy of seeing those Kol'kar raiders attack Ogrimmar.

Assassins: Sneaky and evasive, assassins move around the terrain with ease and hardly detectable. They will use hit and run tactics on specified targets. They will run away as soon as they have killed a target with the same description they were given. Targets could go from level 85-90 gankers in STV or players who have their pet outs, all warlocks or all druids. It doesn't even have to be assassins it can just be a simple band of Pygmies trying to hunt down boars.

Mythical creatures: From Thorim in the park or the ghost of Aegwynn, some of these mythical creatures are malicious and some just decided to go for a stroll in the park. You could see Alexstraza fly by Stormwind or hear Bolvar yelling in Northrend or even see the body of Kael'thas washed up on south shore. These are very rare occurences.

What better way to brag than having screen shot of Kael'thas corpse? that's like seeing Osama corpse only for WoW.

Lore based epidemics: From leakage of the Forsaken plague from its factory or Worgen rabbis spreading like wild fire, or critters going berserk due to the Emerald nightmare. These are very rare events, they only last a day and could only happen twice a year at random dates.

Other tribulence may be: Story Tellers, Rexxar, Rare item Vendors, Fake Item vendors(grifta), a buffing priest or even four wheels of fury.

Also: if blizzard likes the idea, please don't just add this in Titan or expansion 6, its so simple and I dont want to have to wait another 4 years for such a thing, it will break my balls for sure.
    Last edited by Philosopino; 2013-03-23 at 08:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    what is that image meant to be a photoshop from may I ask?
    #boycottchina

Looks like Yogg-Saron.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    the I found Yogg'Saron thread. I take no credit for making it, it just seemed spontaneous, apologies if any offenses were made.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Cieling-cat (spelling?)

I like this idea :3

Quote Originally Posted by Shazzia View Post
    Cieling-cat (spelling?)

I like this idea :3
    Thanks, I can't wait for those Kol'kars to raid Orgrimmar

10+ Year Old Account
    I love this idea greatly! I WILL GIVE ALL OF THE TEA FOR IT

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Made me lol, tbh.

These have the wiff of fallout random events , good ideas but some wouldnt work in mmo people would just farm them for odd resaons

10+ Year Old Account
    Your sig is to big, should prob change that.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a really cool idea, especially the weather conditions and lightning as well as the mythical occurrences. I for one would wait and wait until I came across kaelthas body.

I so hope blizz takes notice and implements some of it

10+ Year Old Account
    What about actual wars?
    There is no hope without fear.

I thought the ceiling Yogg-Saron was funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Korgesh View Post
    Also: if blizzard likes the idea, please don't just add this in Titan or expansion 6, its so simple and I dont want to have to wait another 4 years for such a thing, it will break my balls for sure.
    Man, I wouldn't hold my breath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Love it. Behind this 110%. I wish scenarios were...just more epic.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Is that banner Yogg-Saron peeking out of a Racoon Willie hole in the ceiling?

10+ Year Old Account
    Spontaneous city raids. By large mobs, of course.
    There is no hope without fear.

Deleted
    This is an awesome idea, sort of like random events happening around the world. This will make people stop sitting there doing dailies and actually get out of the robotics of doing same dailies over and over. Now new unexpected stuff could happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Korgesh View Post
    Scouts: From Amani to Qiraji all factions have scouts. They can be seen Patrolling multiple zones or taking long trips from point A to B.

All scouts will be on mounts, some flying and some not. If they are spotted some will attack even if you are on your epic flyer. But what you need to watch out for are "speedy scouts", who do not attack players. Speedy scouts are couriers carrying messages travelling back and forth from point A to B. But they carry information your faction leaders would very handsomely pay for, though it will take patience and timing to kill them.

An example of a courier is a Zandalari troll on a very fast flying mount travelling between Zul'Aman and Zul'Gurub.
    I remember in Classic Barrens there was a group of elite (later made normal) alliance couriers, 3 night elves and a human, running back and fourth around Ashenvale. They had a report and would attack any hordie they saw. Given that they were mostly higher level then you (think they were 23-25 or so) and more, they'd always destroy you. First time I made a horde character out of curiosity got my first time being killed by them. Since I didn't even have a clue they were around there, it was totally unexpected. One moment I was killing this kodo, the next I'm being chased by 3 angry night elves and a human.

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Your sig is to big, should prob change that.
    Yes, thank you. I have changed it.

---------- Post added 2012-12-24 at 02:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fearless View Post
    What about actual wars?
    I'd love to think of ideas, but I want to think of one that wouldn't go overboard with what blizz can handle, they tend to always say their too limited with resources so i'd have to think of an idea that seems realistic.

---------- Post added 2012-12-24 at 03:04 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I thought the ceiling Yogg-Saron was funny.

Man, I wouldn't hold my breath.
    I might just use it as a header for future idea threads, and yeah your right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cool ideas, but more often than not people would just consider attacks on capitol cities annoyances. Remember how invasive the Cataclysm pre-launch event was? If I'm only in Orgrimmar to do some auctioning and vendoring, I don't want my time wasted by a level 90 band of centaurs at the south gates. (That's a hypothetical - I personally think it'd be awesome.)

And the travelling champion is essentially Brawler's Guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    Building on your ideas, which I think would be really cool, would be a sort of "Call to Arms!" quest handed out by guards standing by the Warchief Command Boards. They wouldn't be dailies, maybe weeklies, and it would be random at what day they'd spawn on - you miss it and it's gone til next week. Anyway, for example:

"Call to Arms: Mor'shan Ramparts! - LVL90 - The quilboar of the Northern Barrens have launched a full-on war on the Mor'shan Ramparts! Rumor is that they've somehow resurrected Charlga Razorflank, and she's more dangerous than ever before. We need all able bodied Horde soldiers to report there immediately!"

You accept the quest, fly over to the Ramparts and enter a phased version of the area in a huge battle between NPCS. Regular mobs and guards fighting, and maybe two-to-five "lieutenant" heavy mobs wreaking havoc, and when you clear out everyone a "big bad" spawns (in this case, Charlga) that would definitely require a group to defeat. You're awarded with a satchel of recovered goods for your efforts, similar to the cache you currently get from Scenarios. Maybe some flavor and vanity items related to the group of enemies you just defeated (ie. a quilboar transformation pendant, a pet, etc.)

It could be anything from quilboar, to undead uprisings in the Plaguelands, to the centaur finally getting that attack on Orgrimmar they've been planning for eight years.

The point is, it's optional, but still a cool little addition for those who are interested.