Java always disabled in Firefox

I'm not quite sure when this started happening, but my Java plugin for Firefox is always disabled. If I re-enable it then restart Firefox, it's disabled again. I've tried uninstalling and then reinstalling Java.

When I do the Java test on the actual Java website using Chrome it says I'm running the latest version of Java and everything is fine.

I'm not using NoScript or anything like that, either.

Ideas?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darxide View Post
    I'm not quite sure when this started happening, but my Java plugin for Firefox is always disabled. If I re-enable it then restart Firefox, it's disabled again. I've tried uninstalling and then reinstalling Java.

When I do the Java test on the actual Java website using Chrome it says I'm running the latest version of Java and everything is fine.

I'm not using NoScript or anything like that, either.

Ideas?
    don't ban me
    Reinstall firefox. Or get chrome like you're suppose to

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Eww chrome idk its a personal preference but I hate chrome. As methanar said try and reinstall Firefox and see if that works.

I'd recommend stop using java completely, or use Chrome for the 1-2 braindead websites that require java support.
    Whole Java is gigantic mess of security holes, I disabled it from FF on purpose and aren't missing anything.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

I don't know why I expected rational answers on these forums... I can't honestly say what the hell I was thinking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darxide View Post
    I don't know why I expected rational answers on these forums... I can't honestly say what the hell I was thinking.
    Well what did you want?

We told you what to do.

What version does the Java from your Windows control panel say you are running?

If it isn't Version 7 Update 10, update it: http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp