Monk n Priest Healing

I am making a Healer for PvP and I am not sure on which one to roll as for Healing in PvP. Any1 have some thoughts on how Monks and Priest are doing in PvP right now?

Both really good in RBG's..
    They can both work in Arena just alot harder than say a hpally or rsham.

Quote Originally Posted by rzy View Post
    Yeah, a buddy of mine is a RShaman so I dont really want to roll the same class..Hmm Idk :-/

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy priests are by far the best healers in arena and PVP in general. I get angry just thinking about how OP they are.

Go with the priest obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Nighthawk1027 View Post
    Holy priests are by far the best healers in arena and PVP in general. I get angry just thinking about how OP they are.

Haha...I;ve been wanting a Priest ever since they got Life Grip lol

Deleted
    *cough* *casts random soothing heal, gets full hp back in an instant*

Not sure if serious......

---------- Post added 2012-12-23 at 12:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Soccio View Post
    *cough* *casts random soothing heal, gets full hp back in an instant*
    They are no where near as viable for a reason.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialk View Post
    I am making a Healer for PvP and I am not sure on which one to roll as for Healing in PvP. Any1 have some thoughts on how Monks and Priest are doing in PvP right now?
    They are the 2 worst healers in pvp right now (especially in arena). If you aren't into masochism I advice you to consider a different class (rdruid, shaman or hpala are all far superior atm).

Deleted

You must be complete shit if you think they are OP, their CC is good but their healing compared to monk,pala or resto shaman isn't that amazing

---------- Post added 2012-12-23 at 01:31 AM ----------

Not sure if serious......

---------- Post added 2012-12-23 at 12:29 AM ----------

They are no where near as viable for a reason.
    Right i've been fighting good monks in arena and they are really handy if you play them well even scrubs know how to use 1 soothing heal :| the actual good monks play different obviously but they are good same as pretty much any other class but some just require less skill such as mages!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soccio View Post
    You must be complete shit if you think they are OP, their CC is good but their healing compared to monk,pala or resto shaman isn't that amazing.
    You clearly don't play much arena if you think I'm shit for saying priests are OP, it's common knowledge.

You clearly don't play much arena if you think I'm shit for saying priests are OP, it's common knowledge.
    Clearly trolling at this point.

Deleted
    Ehh.. Yeah trolling

0/10

butthurt hpriest hahahaha

Disc is really in a bad place right now for high rated arena and/or RBG. I do come across holy every once in a great while at 0-1600 rbg on my alt, but pretty much never on my main who's teetering around 1700-1800. Healing priests are just really squishy.

I personally main a Mistweaver, and I have to say, it's the most fun I've had healing.... Ever. The whole class design is great and shows great promise, but you'll find that not having ANY cc breaker for yourself beside dispel/trink gets old really fast with all the fear and stun flying around. Mistweavers are pretty wanted in RBGs though and I top the healing on games 90% of the time by a big margin. Honestly, if a mistweaver has someone partially peeling for it, they could keep up an entire RBG group... I know... I've done it before. As for Arena, aside from 5's, you'll be out of mana within 30 seconds - 1.5 minutes and mana starved the rest of the match unless you can get to drink. People don't really want monks either because of they're ability to sit in Every. Single. CC without being able to break it. If you want to roll a monk though, they are getting really buffed in 5.2, and they class is the most fun you'll ever have. Just don't expect to get on every team like a Resto Sham or HPal do.

Also, don't expect it to be easy, while Monk is, by far, the most fun class in the game, it does require a certain skill level to play it well. You have to manage Mana/Energy/Chi, sitting in CCs so timing your healing cds and offensive cds for when DR on the CC happens.

Its the worst healers in arena by a huge margin .. but its the most fun to play, in my opinion. Both classes are having a hard time in 3s, but can do really good in 2s. I got both and find priest to be the best, playing mage/disc 2k in 2s. Recent nerfs to mages might have set the setup back a bit, but still good played well.

Keep an eye on the 5.2 patch notes, some serious changes incoming.

Monks are really good in Rbgs, priests aren't. Both are worst two in arena, though can hit 2k.
    Monk is the most fun healer I've played, with disc coming up next followed by resto druid