Regarding the new heirlooms

Do you think we have to buy them again or trade the old ones in? I really wish for the latter.

neither. The old ones that say 1-80 will now say 1-85 like the cata ones do.

They have different names, I originally thought they were just changed, but I think they are different.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strafer View Post
    Do you think we have to buy them again or trade the old ones in? I really wish for the latter.
    I wish we could trade all that Shaman mail for Holy paladin plate.

Hated having to wear mail for the XP bonuses all because the healing plate didn't exist.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    I wish we could trade all that Shaman mail for Holy paladin plate.

Hated having to wear mail for the XP bonuses all because the healing plate didn't exist.
    It still doesn't. There is just an heirloom PvP shoulder that is plate for paladins. I don't see any other in the list.

I really hope they're upgrading the existing items. I will be furious if I have to farm all the JP to buy all of heirloom gear again for every class/spec. That's...10,000+. More. 20k, at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Although the new ones are different names and IDs, I really don't think Blizzard will make us buy new ones. Blizzard must know how outrageous that would be.

For all we know, these could be Darkmoon Faire rewards and cost tickets. Hope you guys have been squirreling tickets away just in case heh. You know they keep adding new rewards every Faire.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grummgug View Post
    For all we know, these could be Darkmoon Faire rewards and cost tickets. Hope you guys have been squirreling tickets away just in case heh. You know they keep adding new rewards every Faire.
    The current heirlooms cost tickets too, so that doesn't really change anything. >.>

You guys forget, people have been complaining this xpac about not having use for Justice Points since the gear you can buy is easily replaced by Heroic gear. As much as I don't want it to be, Blizzard might very well make us buy new ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    It still doesn't. There is just an heirloom PvP shoulder that is plate for paladins. I don't see any other in the list.
    That's not new, had that one for ages.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syladia View Post
    You guys forget, people have been complaining this xpac about not having use for Justice Points since the gear you can buy is easily replaced by Heroic gear. As much as I don't want it to be, Blizzard might very well make us buy new ones.
    I doubt they'd do this. The cost of heirlooms in JP is staggeringly high. 2175 JP per piece is 47 bosses, or about 170 heroic bosses just for one set. With 4 bosses on average per heroic, you'd have to spam 42 heroics at about 30 minutes a heroic, or 21 hours of heroics. That's...a lot of heroics.

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt they'd do this. The cost of heirlooms in JP is staggeringly high. 2175 JP per piece is 47 bosses, or about 170 heroic bosses just for one set. With 4 bosses on average per heroic, you'd have to spam 42 heroics at about 30 minutes a heroic, or 21 hours of heroics. That's...a lot of heroics.
    Why you farm honor and convert it to Justice points, as you'll quickly cap Honor.

Deleted
    If I had to farm all these all over again I'd be furious to say the least. In all honesty the 5 levels do not justify doing so. I have most chars on 85 anyway by now so I wont profit much from them anyway. But if I would change servers I'd like to take them with me.

That being said, they realy ought to allow us to upgrade them to last till 90!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    Why you farm honor and convert it to Justice points, as you'll quickly cap Honor.
    Then that forces people to do specifically that - farm honor. But these people will be terrible players who have no idea what they're doing and ruin the BG's for those of us that do. They'd have no PvP gear (or contenders, at best), and it would be a nightmare.

Don't forget they mentioned rolling VP in JP when you hit weekly cap. I hit cap before stepping into LFR. If the VP become JP after cap, I would have earned a lot from raid and the dailies
    "Peace is a lie"

Then that forces people to do specifically that - farm honor. But these people will be terrible players who have no idea what they're doing and ruin the BG's for those of us that do. They'd have no PvP gear (or contenders, at best), and it would be a nightmare.
    Noone's forcing anyone to get heirloom gear. I can agree they make levelling alot less painful, but having every single heirloom available for your class isn't really nescessary. (There are even a 25% exp boost in bought gear, which anyone can get in minutes)

---------- Post added 2012-12-23 at 09:04 AM ----------

What i hope they do, is making the current heirloom gear upgradeable to the new ones through a vendor or something, for 1/3 of the original price.

10+ Year Old Account
    They have been farming honor for eons, as that's part of the WoW system. If everyone could fight perfectly, the usual WoWer would treat BGs like the twink BGs, as it's too challenging (and probably find some exploit to kill the kids wholesale all twinked out, and Blizzard looking the other way, again).

RBGs are designed for those wanting organized BGs. BGs are designed to farm not only honor HKs (as you sure won't get that many in RBGs and Arenas. BGs give much more).