Thread: Nerf Warlocks?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    If it wasn't obvious from the start, it became obvious when you linked your armory. You have 0 to none pvp experience, bad gear, you don't know what other classes spells are or do and I'm pretty sure all of those make you a poor pvp mage. But if you want to focus only on the 322k crit that you say the lock did to you, in order to avoid the obvious lack of everything else on your part, then I can say to you that since the CB nerf that is impossible. The only point in time were CB could crit for over 320k was prio to the nerf, with dark soul and all other buffs/procs active and used on a target with bad pvp gear. Plus, getting embers and pulling off a 3 sec cast makes it hard to pull off even then. Did this answer your question? If not, then you are incapable of anything remotely close to a discussion, since you lack the ability to see beside your own flawed pov.

Quote Originally Posted by Faziel View Post
    Alright, so I usually get buttwrecked by Warlocks as a mage.

Therefore I wonder, do you easily outplay a mage with your PvP specs? I don't know anything about warlocks but what I do know is that they are plain OP. Whenever I meet a Warlock and I start doing damage they place this stupid shield that absorbs ABSOLUTELY all damage for like 10 secs, and then we have the scaling DOOM they put on me in BGS ticking for 100k crits, not to mention the ridiculous Shadowflame & Chaos Bolt. I'm currently about 55% resi or so, and in arenas one day I met a warlock.
    What did he do? In all of a sudden he does a 322k Chaos Bolt. Okay? What the heck? And one other day I was absolutely wrecked by this guy with Shadowflame or whatever that dealt 155k damage as an instant attack.

Don't you friggin need a nerf? This is ridiclous, the amounts of fear, pets, damage and survivability is getting way high.
    This is what you keep saying you asked:
    How to counter warlocks as a mage

Therefore I wonder, am I just being bad or is it normal for warlocks to easily counter mages? I'm asking because I really don't know anything about warlocks.

- Whenever I meet warlocks, they have a massive shield that absorbs everything for 10 seconds, what is this and how do I counter it?
    - Doom, Shadowflame and Chaos Bolts seems to be doing a ton of damage, how should I best negate this?

I'm quite poorly geared with only 55% resilience, but should I really be taking hits of up to 322k (Chaos Bolt) or 155k (Shadowflame)?

To me it seems like like there's nothing I can do to counter you in between fears, pets, damage and survivability, but that's probably due to me having no knowledge of your class, which is why I'm coming to the forums and ask these questions.
    Now here is what most people will see when reading your original post:
    Nerf Warlocks

Are warlocks really this overpowered? I don't know much about you, but one thing is for sure, you guys are damn OP. Whenever I meet a warlock, they just put up some massive shield that prevents ALL damage I do. Then there's also Doom, Shadowflame and Chaos Bolt that hits for craploads through my 55% resilience, I'm talking up to 322k from Chaos Bolts and 155k from Shadowflame or whatever it's called (and it's even an instant cast!).

Seriously, you guys need a massive nerfs. You are completely unbalanced with your fears, pets, and insane amounts of damage and survivability.
    See the difference between these and understand why you're not getting the replies you were after? Taking some time into making a constructive post that don't just seem to call for OPness and nerfs will also get you more contructive replies.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faziel View Post
    I want it closed because this is way out of the discussion I wanted. Damn I hope you didnt try hard to insult me with the gear comment
    We're insulting you simply because you liked making stuff up It's plain ridiculous with that being said your gear is like mostly pvE LOL. Like really I have never hit for 322 even on a pvE geared person, My gear is almost full male volent and I've never EVER hit that hard unless it was either berserking with all of my CD's or the temple of Kom.

Thus you're a bad liar.

On the stats page of his armory: "Largest hit received 207,069"

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah this topic has gotten way out of hand, and OP's question has been pretty much answered. Closing to prevent the discussion getting further out of hand.