Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

So what is going on with WoW?

So they gave me one of those 10 day passes like they like to do, and I went through reinstalling everything, and I expected to see tons of people online and playing. I did a /who 90 and on one server (Mal'Ganis US, Full,) there were only 19 level 90s? I tried another, 39 90s on a low server, Dalvengyr. My old main server (Black Dragonflight, a medium pop server) had just 42 online?

Is this low pop thing just me being crazy or holidays, or something else? I haven't played in over a year so I don't know what is going on.
    Desktop: Antec Twelve-Hundred v3| ASUS VH236H | i5-3570k @ 4.5 | MSI 660ti PE | AsRock z77 Extreme4 | 16GB G.Skill 1866 | Havik 140 | Vertex 3 90gb Boot ssd | Kingston 240gb ssd | 620w Antec | Logitech G500, G510, G930
    Laptop: ASUS U36JC-B2B Tablet: HP Touchpad 16gb | Asus Infinity 32gb
    Camera: Canon EOS Rebel T3i with 18-55mm IS & 75-300mm
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...en/Cc/advanced

At what time did you did this at? Did you even thought that maybe they were sleeping?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    At what time did you did this at? Did you even thought that maybe they were sleeping?
    Just now, and people don't sleep.
    Desktop: Antec Twelve-Hundred v3| ASUS VH236H | i5-3570k @ 4.5 | MSI 660ti PE | AsRock z77 Extreme4 | 16GB G.Skill 1866 | Havik 140 | Vertex 3 90gb Boot ssd | Kingston 240gb ssd | 620w Antec | Logitech G500, G510, G930

Quote Originally Posted by Wrestler10307 View Post
    Just now, and people don't sleep.
    Please tell me you are joking. Just check in the morning if you want some "real" numbers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here on kil'jaeden the /who will constantly show 49 (which is the cap for the /who box).

10+ Year Old Account
    It is just hard to imagine at midnight on a weekend there are less than 50 max level characters online. I remember when you could /who any class at 85 and have 49+ of each online.

It is just hard to imagine at midnight on a weekend there are less than 50 max level characters online. I remember when you could /who any class at 85 and have 49+ of each online.
    And I remember there being 30 level 70s at midnight in TBC on my server. What's your point?

Must be just your server.

I have a full list of 90s currently on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

What faction are you on?

People do go out and take breaks you know, especially during the weekend. And this is likely just your server, my guild and server pops are at an all time high. I have at least 20-30 people online at any given time during the day and the server population is booming.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    And I remember there being 30 level 70s at midnight in TBC on my server. What's your point?

My point is exactly what I said, its weird not seeing a maxed out who list. Calm down.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Must be just your server.

I have a full list of 90s currently on.

Might be the servers, yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    You do know the max for the /who window to show is 49, correct? I'm on my server (US-Illidan) and I can't /who any class and it'll show 49. I have a feeling you A) Don't know what you're doing... or B) Trying to cause a ruckus.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So what's the problem here?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

BULLSH*T you did a /who 90 on Mal'Ganis and only saw 19 people on. I have a couple of chars in that realm, and even if you do a /who at 4 am you will get a 49 (which is the max it shows). In reality there are much more.

In my guild ALONE, if I look at the guild roster at 4 am, there will be at lease 10-15 people online, lvl 90, playing.

Sometimes I wonder, what kind of ****** would waste time of his life going through all the trouble of logging on a gaming website, creating a topic like this, just to troll around. Seriously, go do something better with your life. It's pathetic.

Deleted
    Blizzard never sends me 10d passes...I bought MoP and paid for one month because...well MWO was unplayable at the time.
    Formaly full servers are deserted. There were free server transfers for many and those affected became ghost servers, or at least one side of them is deserted. Have former max lvl chars on four former *donotmakenewcharspleaseifyoudonotwanttowaitforhoursinqueqe* servers.
    None of my former max lvl chars are on any playable server or side, everything is empty. I mean ten items in the whole AH, never seeing annother Horde char EVER kind empty. And because it is the third time in a row that I would have to change servers because they died, I do not.
    Not again, not for that kind of money.
    So, I made a new char on a populated side. The first time I am trying Alliance for real. Do not like it, a bit.
    People are worse then I remember. The game is fun, the people playing it not so much.

So they gave me one of those 10 day passes like they like to do, and I went through reinstalling everything, and I expected to see tons of people online and playing. I did a /who 90 and on one server (Mal'Ganis US, Full,) there were only 19 level 90s? I tried another, 39 90s on a low server, Dalvengyr. My old main server (Black Dragonflight, a medium pop server) had just 42 online?

Is this low pop thing just me being crazy or holidays, or something else? I haven't played in over a year so I don't know what is going on.
    For Mal'ganis, was it Alliance side? Mal'ganis is 88% Horde, 6.3% Unknown (Pandaren I assume), and 5.7% Alliance according to wow.realmpop.com. So I imagine Mal'ganis alliance-side is pretty dead. Hell, it's only got 6.8k alliance toons on it. I think it's pretty unlikely that you'll ever see less than /who cap of 49 on horde side though. Black Dragonflight is also Horde heavy (68.2H/2.1U/29.7A %), so again if you checked Alliance-side there, that would explain the lower numbers since it still only has 19,000 Ally toons. Dalvengyr is a low pop server, as you stated.
    Last edited by Vudu; 2012-12-23 at 07:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    hmmm.. late night.. and......holiday weekend, maybe some of these people are you know actually spending time with family
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...all/chuckabear

if you were on there as alliance there is your problem,,, mal'ganis has a 1-0.01 ratio, so in order for 1 alliance player, there is 99-100 horde players to that 1 alliance player

10+ Year Old Account
    @Hanto: I'm aware of the 49 who cap, I've played wow since vanilla up to firelands. Not trying to troll or cause problems.

@obao98: It was Mal'Ganis alliance, us. No need to get all whiny. I am on MMO a lot actually, and I don't need your attitude. I logged in after a long time of not playing to check it out. Get the hell out of my thread if you're not going to be helpful. That isn't something the forums need. You're being childish.

@Vudu Alliance, yeah. I was more surprised at the Black Dragonflight one but I checked Mal'Ganis just for reference.

@Hanto: I'm aware of the 49 who cap, I've played wow since vanilla up to firelands. Not trying to troll or cause problems.

@obao98: It was Mal'Ganis alliance, us. No need to get all whiny. I am on MMO a lot actually, and I don't need your attitude. I logged in after a long time of not playing to check it out. Get the hell out of my thread if you're not going to be helpful. That isn't something the forums need. You're being childish.

@Vudu Alliance, yeah. I was more surprised at the Black Dragonflight one but I checked Mal'Ganis just for reference.
    You've been playing since vanilla and you are shocked at the low number of people on Mal'Ganis alliance side. Yeah, I smell bullshit.
    And it's not your thread.