Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Take into account that there is cross realm now, so even if there aren't many people on your server, there will be a lot of other people running around from different servers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaley View Post
    I drove into the ghetto around 1 am and couldn't believe that I only saw 2 white people. The U.S. Census told me there was a population of 5,000 in and around these projects. What's going on, Government?

Replace "Ghetto" with Mal'Ganis, "White" with Alliance, and you pretty much have this thread.
    Pretty much, except I totally forgot about the census sites.

---------- Post added 2012-12-23 at 02:06 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Oh I'm sure it was. But the thing here is that you didn't (and apparently still don't) see the flaw in your plan to respond to a complete stranger who questioned your wisdom in time period with which to check populations with sarcasm.

On the subject of common sense I wouldn't be judging realm populations on random /who checks in the dead of night, much less making topcis about them.

I also wouldn't respond with sarcasm when someone questioned the wisdom of doing so.
    I respond with sarcasm when others start it. I started this thread on a serious note. I'm not trying to start anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    It's the dead of night, fairly late in the week, and on the lower-population faction? Not sure what else you really expected. KJ-US is always full of people though at any time of the day or night (both factions, even), so... eh?

Unsure what the point being made is, or for that matter, what the question is exactly asking about. Suppose it's you being crazy, since that's the best possible answer you offered?

In any case, I can only offer my stare:
    <<<
    You make a point, and I didn't know what I was expecting after a year. The fact that KJ is full all the time just proves my point. I'm used to BDF at least being full all the time.
    Desktop: Antec Twelve-Hundred v3| ASUS VH236H | i5-3570k @ 4.5 | MSI 660ti PE | AsRock z77 Extreme4 | 16GB G.Skill 1866 | Havik 140 | Vertex 3 90gb Boot ssd | Kingston 240gb ssd | 620w Antec | Logitech G500, G510, G930
    Laptop: ASUS U36JC-B2B Tablet: HP Touchpad 16gb | Asus Infinity 32gb
    Camera: Canon EOS Rebel T3i with 18-55mm IS & 75-300mm
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...en/Cc/advanced

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh I'm sure it was. But the thing here is that you didn't (and apparently still don't) see the flaw in your plan to respond to a complete stranger who questioned your wisdom in time period with which to check populations with sarcasm.

On the subject of common sense I wouldn't be judging realm populations on random /who checks in the dead of night, much less making topcis about them.

I also wouldn't respond with sarcasm when someone questioned the wisdom of doing so.
    I'll remember for the next time I'm in the OPs situation that common sense is an oxymoron.

Also he isn't judging the realm pop on a random /who check in the dead of night alone. This thread is asking that question too, which is easy to lose track of when you just assume he's made this thread to provoke an argument. But then the mistake was assuming he was doing that from the get-go.
    Last edited by Theodon; 2012-12-23 at 08:11 AM.
    It's always been Wankershim!
    My Brand!

Quote Originally Posted by Wrestler10307 View Post
    You make a point, and I didn't know what I was expecting after a year. The fact that KJ is full all the time just proves my point. I'm used to BDF at least being full all the time.
    KJ being full all the time is just a result of it being one of the most balanced-pop PvP servers, really; there's always somebody on the other faction to pick a fight with there, and it attracts a great deal of players to both factions for the same reason. It swayed towards Horde slightly towards the end of Cata but it's balanced off again recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodon View Post
    I'll remember for the next time I'm in the OPs situation that common sense is an oxymoron.
    If you want to leave in a fit that's your prerogative, but you're the one trying to play up responding to your very first reply with sarcasm as a "reasonable" reply.
    I respond with sarcasm when others start it. I started this thread on a serious note. I'm not trying to start anything.
    Which part of the other guy's post was sarcasm? The part where he pointed out the obvious flaw in your logic?

That's not sarcasm. THAT is common sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want to leave in a fit that's your prerogative, but you're the one trying to play up responding to your very first reply with sarcasm as a "reasonable" reply.
    You've lost me. Where did someone respond to me with sacasm, or where did I respond with sarcasm?
    My Brand!

Quote Originally Posted by Theodon View Post
    You've lost me. Where did someone respond to me with sacasm, or where did I respond with sarcasm?
    /facepalm

The discussion was never about you. Hell, I even used your wording with quotes for emphasis...

10+ Year Old Account

Which part of the other guy's post was sarcasm? The part where he pointed out the obvious flaw in your logic?

That's not sarcasm. THAT is common sense.
    The manner in which a response is formed lent itself to sarcasm, or just plain being rude. There are ways to respond to a thread, and unless it is a sarcastic thread or if the OP is clearly trying to argue, then a little bit of rude is ok. I didn't mean to start either of those things, yet he decided to respond in a silly manner.
    Desktop: Antec Twelve-Hundred v3| ASUS VH236H | i5-3570k @ 4.5 | MSI 660ti PE | AsRock z77 Extreme4 | 16GB G.Skill 1866 | Havik 140 | Vertex 3 90gb Boot ssd | Kingston 240gb ssd | 620w Antec | Logitech G500, G510, G930

Well looking at WoWProgress, the raiding population ratio on Mal'Ganis 1 to 0.01 with a raiding population of 10,800. You're basically outnumbered 100 to 1. This assumes that the raiding population is representative of the overall server pop (which I usually find to be true).

So its not surprising that that you're seeing such super low numbers. At a certain point the server imbalance gets so bad that people either quit or transfer off. On a server like that you'd spend half your time dead.

The manner in which a response is formed lent itself to sarcasm, or just plain being rude. There are ways to respond to a thread, and unless it is a sarcastic thread or if the OP is clearly trying to argue, then a little bit of rude is ok. I didn't mean to start either of those things, yet he decided to respond in a silly manner.
    Suggesting people might be asleep in the middle of the night is silly?

Really?

I mean... Really?

10+ Year Old Account
    /facepalm

The discussion was never about you. Hell, I even used your wording with quotes for emphasis...
    And now I understand what you meant.

I've never been arguing that responding with sarcasm was reasonable, but rather those who have responded reasonably to the OP have themselves received a reasonable reply. Perhaps the wording I chose was wrong though, and I should've said "respectable" rather than "reasonable" as reasonable is much more down to personal perspective.

Many years ago it would be reasonable to assume more than 49 people at max level would be online at almost any given time because that was the case, and the OP is using old comparisons for perspective. That information was in the OP, and addressing the OPs perspective meant addressing that fact before ridiculing him for not having a more current one (which is why he's here, asking)

If you believe him to be trolling then you don't reply, but if you want to change his perspective or argue against his points you do it in a respectable manner. Either way, phillipisawarlock has been doing it all wrong by treating the OP like an idiot, which has dictated the quality of the responses he's been getting back.

I'm gonna stop adding to this post now.....
    Last edited by Theodon; 2012-12-23 at 08:43 AM.
    My Brand!

10+ Year Old Account
    Suggesting people might be asleep in the middle of the night is silly?

Really?

I mean... Really?
    When I am used to there being people on at all hours? I think it was a reasonable assumption to see it as silly, I've never played on a server where people weren't on ALL the time. Back when I was playing, at least on BDF, you could do a /who at 3 or 4 in the morning and see lots of people on. So yes, really. If you don't like it then I honestly don't care.

When I am used to there being people on at all hours? I think it was a reasonable assumption to see it as silly, I've never played on a server where people weren't on ALL the time. Back when I was playing, at least on BDF, you could do a /who at 3 or 4 in the morning and see lots of people on. So yes, really. If you don't like it then I honestly don't care.
    People being on at all hours doesn't mean that there's the same level of activity at all hours.

And people do, in fact, sleep at night.

But if you would care to show me some form of evidence that there exists ANY server that has the exact same activity 24/7 then I will upload a video of myself eating my own hat.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm done with this thread, it has strayed too far off the topic.

Can a mod please close this?

I'm done with this thread, it has strayed too far off the topic.

Can a mod please close this?
    Was there a real topic to begin with?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    Was there a real topic to begin with?
    I love how you vanished after I pointed out your last post. Than sneak back in for a snarking remark

Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    I love how you vanished after I pointed out your last post. Than sneak back in for a snarking remark
    Oh I'm sorry I don't read every post while I'm off the computer.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    People being on at all hours doesn't mean that there's the same level of activity at all hours.

And people do, in fact, sleep at night.

But if you would care to show me some form of evidence that there exists ANY server that has the exact same activity 24/7 then I will upload a video of myself eating my own hat.

outland EU prior to MoP launch, now sir i do believe you are to eat a hat and video the event for future reference when in need of a bitch slap to bring you back to your sense.

Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    outland EU prior to MoP launch, now sir i do believe you are to eat a hat and video the event for future reference when in need of a bitch slap to bring you back to your sense.
    You're going to have to make with some actual evidence first...

Not to mention my request was clearly in the present tense. I asked if one exists, not if one existed at some time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Closing this since it isn't really going anywhere useful and the original poster has abandoned it - ML
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."