Thread: The Last Straw

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

The Last Straw

Since my post on the official forums was locked, I decided to post here instead. And apparently no-one got what I was talking about, and was just complaining about nothing. All of these points are small things, that have simply added up over time, and made me lose faith in Blizzards developmental decisions. I don't think Blizzard are malicious, I simply believe they cannot see the forest from the trees. And that they place too little stock in feedback from players who have probably clocked more hours than the developers themselves.

I gave you enough chances Blizz.

People told you the PVP balance issues that would come up during MoP all throughout the Beta.
    People gave you examples, and extensive arguments on what would happen, and you thought you knew better.
    People told you to start on model updates all the way back to Wrath.
    Your long held stance against Transmogrification shows how little you regard your own playerbase.
    You didn't take any lessons from Cata's Molten Front in terms of Daily quest design.
    You didn't anticipate any of the problems that might arise from introducing several types of currency, in a game already starved for inventory space
    You said you didn't want to cause ability bloat, and then caused ability bloat.
    You said you didn't want to homogenize classes, and then started duplicating abilities across classes (execute abilities, for one)
    You said you pay careful attention to PVP, while your actions (usually woefully slow) prove otherwise.
    You took too long implement something as basic as green warlock fire, which was wildly requested for five years
    You say you value feedback, but your turnaround time on suggestions and advice, prove otherwise.
    The fact that your CM's respond to the most laughably obvious troll posts; ends up promoting that sort of behaviour, and have resulted in the official forums becoming a terrible place to search for constructive and balanced opinions.

Both Blizzard and players agreed, that ability bloat was starting to get out of control, they said they would reduce ability bloat. This did not happen.

Blizzard and the players both agreed they were afraid of a "CC arms race" and now here we are, with CC abilities out of control, with Burst too high.

Another example, Rogues said that several decisions regarding Rogues in the MoP Beta were going to hurt them, Blizz took a "wait and see" approach, and Rogue representation has plummeted. And out of all the options Blizzard had to cherry pick from among the Rogue suggestions, they took the most band-aid easy way out. Making Prep baseline.

Molten Front dailies had showed Blizzard what exactly were the limits of the playerbase in regards to dailies, and how many the playerbase will consume while avoiding burnout. So the ignored this data and decided to add twice, to three times this amount, all while telling us this was optional, when some factions clearly were not. What mid range raider would pass up required flasks, food, extra gear or extra gear rolls?

Deleted
    Hmm.. when you say *people* you dont refer to me i hope..

Because i dont agree with anything you said..

Blizzard knows what they do better than few random posters on forums.

Also dailies are very nice compared to the ones in tbc .

No game or development is going to be perfect, this game ha a lot of issues, but in the end, it is still the best mmo there is.

Quote Originally Posted by Justforthis123 View Post
    Hmm.. when you say *people* you dont refer to me i hope..

Because i dont agree with anything you said..

Blizzard knows what they do better than few random posters on forums.

Also dailies are very nice compared to the ones in tbc .
    *sigh* I'm not talking about a few random posters, I'm talking about top PVP'ers, top Raider's, and people who post well thought out and extensive feedback.

And I'm not talking about daily quality. I'm talking about how many dailies there were neccesary as a Raider, to complete. While Blizzard said they were completely optional.

But, you know what? Nevermind.... if the playerbase isn't understanding what I'm complaining about, perhaps it's a sign that I'm not meant to be playing anymore. And that I am no longer the demographic they are seeking.

I think there was a reason for your thread being lock and so I don't think it fits here either.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Well wrote and thought out post, and I have to agree in some aspects.

I don't think its really fair to call it 'the last straw' because the game is still good overall, sure, they could have worked on some things a bit more than they did, and made some questionable decisions here and there, as well as lack thereof. But, this isn't news. Blizzard has always done things that not everyone agrees with. Always. I was watching a stream today and I heard something that I never thought I would hear in my life.

"Mages are getting ultra nerfed" a little off topic, yes, but it just goes to show that Blizzard isn't oblivious to problems. Warriors second wind and shockwave are getting nerfed as well. Sure, they didn't notice it in beta and underestimated some OPness, but they did recognize it.

But I do agree with you on some points, such as the the comments about daily quests and CC craziness.

Edit: A lot of these complaints threads (not going to call them a QQ thread, there is a clear difference between crying and legitimate complaints/worries) have these same aspects in that, 'its the last straw' or 'qutting' etc. People tend to over think and dramatize this subject a little to much. If you don't like a change, thats fine and totally called for. But such remarks as the aforementioned are a little out of hand. Just thought I needed to throw this in there.
    Last edited by Xl House lX; 2012-12-23 at 08:20 AM.
    Call me House.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Strangewayes View Post
    *sigh* I'm not talking about a few random posters, I'm talking about top PVP'ers, top Raider's, and people who post well thought out and extensive feedback.

And I'm not talking about daily quality. I'm talking about how many dailies there were neccesary as a Raider, to complete. While Blizzard said they were completely optional.

But, you know what? Nevermind.... if the playerbase isn't understanding what I'm complaining about, perhaps it's a sign that I'm not meant to be playing anymore. And that I am no longer the demographic they are seeking.
    You mean the top of the top which counts as 0.1% of the playerbase ? Or you meant blizzy ?

Because in the second case then yeah you may be right.

Blizz looks for players who want to play , not complain all day because every single aspect of the game isnt like that random single guy dreamed of that night.

Thats few random posters by definition .

Dailies arent mandatory, you can do them or avoid them but since this has been said thousand times and base complainers-base cant see to grasp this easy concept.. i going to just leave it as it is.

And i dont get it .. why the playerbase should be seeking you ?

Fiiiuuuuuuuu.
    Last edited by mmoce0e8933f3d; 2012-12-23 at 08:21 AM.

Molten Front dailies had showed Blizzard what exactly were the limits of the playerbase in regards to dailies, and how many the playerbase will consume while avoiding burnout. So the ignored this data and decided to add twice, to three times this amount, all while telling us this was optional, when some factions clearly were not. What mid range raider would pass up required flasks, food, extra gear or extra gear rolls?
    I loved molten front and MoP dailies, so your theory about "limits" proves nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since my post on the official forums was locked, I decided to post here instead. And apparently no-one got what I was talking about, and was just complaining about nothing. All of these points are small things, that have simply added up over time, and made me lose faith in Blizzards developmental decisions. I don't think Blizzard are malicious, I simply believe they cannot see the forest from the trees. And that they place too little stock in feedback from players who have probably clocked more hours than the developers themselves.

I gave you enough chances Blizz.
    No wonder your thread was locked. You realize not everyone is going to feel like you and WoW's design or lack thereof does not revolve around your personal opinion.

If it's truly the last straw, unsub, uninstall, and play something else. I doubt you'll do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavoo View Post
    I loved molten front and MoP dailies, so your theory about "limits" proves nothing.
    You aren't the only one, I love them all as well.

Good luck finding a game that caters completely and only to you.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by Trogdora View Post
    Well wrote and thought out post, and I have to agree in some aspects.

I don't think its really fair to call it 'the last straw' because the game is still good overall, sure, they could have worked on some things a bit more than they did, and made some questionable decisions here and there, as well as lack thereof. But, this isn't news. Blizzard has always done things that not everyone agrees with. Always.
    I played since November 2004. I always watched the forums as people that were smarter and had far better suggestions than me get told "Sounds possible, but we'll see how it plays out" or sometimes no response at all. I always thought "Well Blizzard must know best" I thought this for years and years. But now I simply believe that Blizzard is ignoring valuable suggestions that could improve the game, because they think that they always know better. Think of Transmog, people were BEGGING for this, and Blizzard said it wasn't part of their vision for the game. That's one of the worst things a developer could say to such a reasonable request in an RPG. I can't dress my character the way I want?

Thankfully they've changed their mind on the issue. But think of how many things that could improve the game if they didn't stubbornly stick to their "It's not our vision" argument?

---------- Post added 2012-12-23 at 08:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kavoo View Post
    Well I guess you must be god, because you can tell how everyone in the game is feeling about it.

If your point is that Blizzard doesn't listen, everyone already knows this...There were many things that were reported on beta that went to live and took some time to fix, and the fact is that most of the time they don't listen or learn from anything, there are many examples of this past, present, and future I'm sure.

Also, you say it's the last straw, but I don't see anything in your post about quitting...Is this the "last straw" that made you quit? Or made you make a post about how bad Blizzard is?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thank goodness Blizz doesn't listen. Otherwise we'd still be in Burning Crusade.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    I played since November 2004. I always watched the forums as people that were smarter and had far better suggestions than me get told "Sounds possible, but we'll see how it plays out" or sometimes no response at all. I always thought "Well Blizzard must know best" I thought this for years and years. But now I simply believe that Blizzard is ignoring valuable suggestions that could improve the game, because they think that they always know better. Think of Transmog, people were BEGGING for this, and Blizzard said it wasn't part of their vision for the game. That's one of the worst things a developer could say to such a reasonable request in an RPG. I can't dress my character the way I want?

Thankfully they've changed their mind on the issue. But think of how many things that could improve the game if they didn't stubbornly stick to their "It's not our vision" argument?

---------- Post added 2012-12-23 at 08:29 AM ----------

Well I guess you must be god, because you can tell how everyone in the game is feeling about it.
    Believe it or not blizz does know best about most things. You don't make the biggest MMO ever made and not know what you are doing.

You just sound like some butt hurt forum poster who thinks his idea are genius!...

We don't need more of you here please leave.
    Aye mate

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Believe it or not blizz does know best about most things. You don't make the biggest MMO ever made and not know what you are doing.

You just sound like some butt hurt forum poster who thinks his idea are genius!...

We don't need more of you here please leave.
    Well thats some harsh way to put it.

Completely agreed though .

And i have to admit that i was really sad when i had to stop doing klaxxi's dailies because i was already 999 exalted .. well yeah i still do them from time to time for fun and the charms though but evolving the story ( a bit like Lion's Landing [ which is double awesome ] ) was awesomeplus.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    Good luck finding a game that caters completely and only to you.
    This, don't let the door hit you on the way out, I love the current design of rep and dailies, they reward you for putting in the effort, I hated grinding dungeons for rep and valour/badges in the past.
    Sig by Safhira

No, Im not god, as youre not the spokesman of the entire playerbase. So... if you feel so bad about this game you should do something else with your free time.

if the playerbase isn't understanding what I'm complaining about, perhaps it's a sign that I'm not meant to be playing anymore.
    That's the best thing you said so far. Ride into the sunset, cowboy!

10+ Year Old Account

And what if other players don't want what you want?

the same sentiment could be thrown right back at you.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.