Deleted

Mobile Friendly MMO-Champion

Title says it all.

Possibly android or ios apps of forums and newsfeed

Or simply a mobile friendly forum theme.

For someone with relative skill shouldn't be too much hastle I'm assuming

If wrong don't shoot me down

I understand there is a pay for news feed app on android Atleast but not forum access.

10+ Year Old Account
    and mom champion strikes again from the auto correct. I do feel you though, a mobile friendly version would be really nice, but to my knowledge it does not exist.

At least there isn't one that I know of.

Behold! A while ago I've made a mobile version of MMO-C for the news, which you can use at http://mmmoc.thoorium.com/.

As for the forums, eventually I'll do something unless the Curse devs are faster than me.
    Famous everywhere I go.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoorium View Post
    Behold! A while ago I've made a mobile version of MMO-C for the news, which you can use at http://mmmoc.thoorium.com/.

As for the forums, eventually I'll do something unless the Curse devs are faster than me.
    I <3 your face right now. Bookmarked.

Deleted
    MOM-Champion

But anyway yeah I'd like to have more mobile friendly version.

15+ Year Old Account
    From the FAQ:

Quote Originally Posted by Suggestions & Feedback FAQ View Post
    Q: Can you make a mobile version of the site?
    A: We'd love to get a mobile version of our CSS for easier browsing from mobile devices, but, again, there's no ETA. (Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.)

For now, you can use any RSS reader to be notified of front page updates.
    RSS link: http://www.mmo-champion.com/external...2&forumids=252

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    From the FAQ:
    okays thanks

and yes was done on my mobile haha and auto-correct won

Was about to suggest Thoorium's web site, but he beat me to it [see his post above]. He scripted it well to reformat objects and text for mobile friendly reading.

As for RSS readers, many traditional RSS reader apps do not natively support flash video <object> embeds, which is what MMO-Champion uses for most of their videos.

The only stand-alone MMO-Champion app that currently exists is the one I created for Windows 8:
    http://apps.microsoft.com/windows/ap...a-eb950ce91104, which natively supports YouTube video playback by re-scripting all the MMO-Champion videos from "type="application/x-shockwave-flash" to HTML5.

I had played around with making an Android/iPhone/Windows Phone app based off of PhoneGap; however, that could require a good 100-200+ hours of additional development time before I had something I could call a release candidate. I'm completely unfamiliar with the PhoneGap API and much of the core of the app would have to be re-built from scratch.
    Last edited by Frostea23; 2012-12-24 at 07:30 PM.
    Waste not, want not.

Deleted
    i dont get it
    i used mmo on my mobile about 2 years ago. Whats the problem?

I've contemplated building a mobile app for the Android ecosystem, but the biggest concern is handling safety. Building the GUI isn't too bad, it's just a little time-consuming to make it look pretty. Having a tablet application would also take some time. That's still pretty simple, though.

There's some easy-to-use functionality for fetching data from their servers, but there would be considerable work and testing needed to ensure user data cannot be compromised. This is a site where many people use personal information (which I would suggest changing), and if that is compromised in any way then Curse could be liable for any damages incurred, and that's a problem. That's why they pay people to ensure that sort of stuff doesn't happen. This takes a lot of time and resources, and the people capable and willing to do it could desire compensation for their work.

Anyways, I wouldn't expect it to happen just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by kallekaka View Post
    i dont get it
    i used mmo on my mobile about 2 years ago. Whats the problem?
    Were you using some kind of shady app or the website? If it is the website, the problem is that it is too massive and not optimized/friendly with mobile devices (Especially phones).

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    I've contemplated building a mobile app for the Android ecosystem.......
    I've also considered making one but handling user's info/secure connections/prevent people from decompiling the app killed the idea. Our best and only option is an official mobile website where everything is handled server side (News are ok, since no user info are required).
    Famous everywhere I go.

15+ Year Old Account
    We've talked about tapatalk but I'm not sure what the status is. It would be better if we could get a mobile css so that everyone could access it regardless of browser without an app, but we'll see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I would KEEL for an MMO-CHAMPION mobile friendly site/app/whatever!! Because I always have to zoom in/out constantly atm.

BIG UP!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoorium View Post
    Were you using some kind of shady app or the website? If it is the website, the problem is that it is too massive and not optimized/friendly with mobile devices (Especially phones).
    nah man I wasnt using an app . I was using the browser on my Nokia C6-00 for the full website.
    It took a few seconds to load but after that it was fine, just had to zoom to read the text.
    Have a 20€ phone now so cant really tell if it has changed somehow. Maybe ill test the site on someones phone soon to see if there are some problems now.
    But then it worked fine for me no problems at all

One of the brands I know is making mobile websites, just tell me how much mmo-champ can pay and we may preapare mobile css for the most popular smartphones. :P
    It hurts my phone too while browsing this foum on smartphone It is insanely inconvenient.
    Last edited by Slaughty8; 2012-12-27 at 05:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just install tapatalk - makes it nice an easy to view any Vbulletin forum in a mobile friendly function

Deleted
    is this tapatalk working?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LanceV View Post
    Just install tapatalk - makes it nice an easy to view any Vbulletin forum in a mobile friendly function

Like I said earlier in this thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    We've talked about tapatalk but I'm not sure what the status is. It would be better if we could get a mobile css so that everyone could access it regardless of browser without an app, but we'll see.

Deleted
    tested it and still cant see the problem. Everything works nicely. Just need some zooming np